British Speedway Forum
Col

Brummies 2024...

13 hours ago, LagutaRacingFan said:

Artem Laguta is desperate to ride in Britain.  

Nobody is prepared to give him a chance.

Ride maybe but put effort in & race that’s debatable!!!

I'm guessing the signing of Klindt is not going to happen, though Perry Barr being something of a gaters track would suit him down to the ground, Lampart will be kept for 2 reasons 1 that he could be the solid middle order rider that the Brummies need. 2 That he would become an asset. Which means the rider that should be released is Milik he is 30 now and doubt their is any improvement in him and lets be honest he has been disappointing so far, he is the guy that I would release to bring Klindt in, However neither would be what the Brummies need they need an out and out No1 and dithering around waiting to see if anyone can step up will see them or Kings Lynn take the wooden spoon yet again, both are the current holders of these pieces of wood from last season and are favourites yet again to retain this useless piece of furniture. It really is time for Nigel Tolley to put his words into action and sign that genuine No1 sooner rather than later, it is no good him spending ££££,s just to keep the Brummies in existence he needs to take the next step and bring in that other Top class rider that's badly needed.

It was always going to be tough for the Brummies, in my opinion, especially with Milik and Pawlicki as their main 2 riders.

I must admit i thought Klindt would of been called in by now, just on the Rider to replace Milik, who is there available, and i suppose can Birmingham afford a Big No 1....What is available???

20 hours ago, LagutaRacingFan said:

Artem Laguta is desperate to ride in Britain.  

Nobody is prepared to give him a chance.

Well that's his fault for his attitude towards British Speedway last season.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, heathen52 said:

I'm guessing the signing of Klindt is not going to happen, though Perry Barr being something of a gaters track would suit him down to the ground, Lampart will be kept for 2 reasons 1 that he could be the solid middle order rider that the Brummies need. 2 That he would become an asset. Which means the rider that should be released is Milik he is 30 now and doubt their is any improvement in him and lets be honest he has been disappointing so far, he is the guy that I would release to bring Klindt in, However neither would be what the Brummies need they need an out and out No1 and dithering around waiting to see if anyone can step up will see them or Kings Lynn take the wooden spoon yet again, both are the current holders of these pieces of wood from last season and are favourites yet again to retain this useless piece of furniture. It really is time for Nigel Tolley to put his words into action and sign that genuine No1 sooner rather than later, it is no good him spending ££££,s just to keep the Brummies in existence he needs to take the next step and bring in that other Top class rider that's badly needed.

Total agree...

Birmingham fans will be delighted to know that their No1 Vaclav Milik is in fine form in Poland this afternoon, scoring 14pts in his sides 48-42 home win, that included being the winner of the last heat decider.

3 minutes ago, screm said:

Birmingham fans will be delighted to know that their No1 Vaclav Milik is in fine form in Poland this afternoon, scoring 14pts in his sides 48-42 home win, that included being the winner of the last heat decider.

We all know Polish tracks are not nearly as technical as the majority of GB track.

1 hour ago, screm said:

Yes… in the Polish bottom league!!! No where near premier league standard. That’s his true level unfortunately 

6 minutes ago, the hobbit said:

Yes… in the Polish bottom league!!! No where near premier league standard. That’s his true level unfortunately 

It's not the bottom league, it's the second division of three. And it's a pretty good standard.

Milik is better than his scores for Brum so far.

I saw Milik score well in Poland and for the sake of Birmingham and the league you hope that he can do a lot better for Birmingham. I do believe the team will be a lot better on their next fixture I’m sure Sam will have given them a rocket after monday. As a former world champion he won’t want his reputation to be tarnished by Birmingham having a poor season. 

• Haha 1

While Milik scoring well in Poland doesn't guarantee a good score in Britain, it's a far more promising situation than if he had scored zero. So there's some hope he can turn his form around for Birmingham.

If Birmingham don't make a change (Klindt for Lampart for example) then keep losing at home, it could certainly hurt their crowds cause it'd either appear, they are not trying to strengthen up, or more worryingly think they don't need to strengthen up.

• Like 1

BRUMMIES TARGET TURNAROUND

TUESDAY, APRIL 23, 2024

ASSISTANT team boss Chris Adams is backing his Birmingham riders to ‘establish a rhythm’ during their next run of fixtures.

The Brummies have just one league point to their name from their opening five ROWE Motor Oil Premiership contests – but discussions have taken place behind the scenes on how, as a team, they feel they can turn things around.

They travel to Leicester on Thursday before a big night next Monday (April 29) when they host Belle Vue at Perry Barr in the first televised meeting of the season, with live coverage on Eurosport and discovery+.

Adams said: “I think the expectations at the start of the season from people on the outside were that we were going to get absolutely annihilated whether we be home or away.

“But that wasn’t the case in those first three meetings and we grew in confidence, and perhaps it changed people’s thoughts about us.

“We’ve taken some hits the last couple of home matches and they’ve been hard to come back from.

“But as I’ve said, once we establish a rhythm, we can certainly turn our results around.”

Can someone tell me what a 'rhythm' is in terms of speedway?

This statement is a load of bull......

Just admit that the side is weak and changes need to be made in order for the team to be competitive!

42 minutes ago, GiveusaB said:

Can someone tell me what a 'rhythm' is in terms of speedway?

This statement is a load of bull......

Just admit that the side is weak and changes need to be made in order for the team to be competitive!

They have established a "rhythm" they had a couple of good starts to matches then lost, now they've stopped their good start to matches & still lose. No wins in 5 matches, sounds like they've established a rhythm to me?

• Haha 1