British Speedway Forum
bigred

Edinburgh “24 Team

42 minutes ago, snapper said:

Numbers 2-4 look weak again 

I think Fredriksen/Thomson/Castagna are competitive in this watered down league.

Hume/Etheridge/Kemp, Thomsen/Brennan/Z Cook, Pearson/Flint/Starke, Edwards/TJ/Bailey, Atkins/Jenkins/Heeps, Bowtell/Newman/D Thompson are the current comparatives.

Edited by allthegearbutnaeidea

1 hour ago, snapper said:

Numbers 2-4 look weak again 

5 looks horrific.

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, allthegearbutnaeidea said:

I think Fredriksen/Thomson/Castagna are competitive in this watered down league.

Hume/Etheridge/Kemp, Thomsen/Brennan/Z Cook, Pearson/Flint/Starke, Edwards/TJ/Bailey, Atkins/Jenkins/Heeps, Bowtell/Newman/D Thompson are the current comparatives.

We’ve had pairs and fours………but I think a triples meeting with these riders would be interesting. 

8 hours ago, TTT said:

Am I right?

1. Picko

2. Lasse

3. Kye

4. Paco

5. Sedgmen

6. Coles

7. James

Would like to see some new blood in main body of team. Impressed with Workington and Berwick to date.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, HenryW said:

5 looks horrific.

Why? Sedgmen has a higher average than Schlein, Barker, B.Cook & Allen who are second heat leaders.

4 minutes ago, szkocjasid said:

Why? Sedgmen has a higher average than Schlein, Barker, B.Cook & Allen who are second heat leaders.

Would be interesting to see his average if you included guest bookings.

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, JanAndersen said:

I'd 100% take Riss before Sedgmen but not distraught at the thought of having Justin back. 

Riss for me.

3 hours ago, szkocjasid said:

You're assuming that Allen will be the number five for Scunny but with the average they currently have they could bring in Riss and still have 4.96 left over for their number 2. Schlein, Barker and Ben Cook are all better than Sedgman and when most teams roll into town they will line up with THREE riders who are better than Sedgman. Signing Sedgman at 5 would be a poor move imo especially with the poor form he exhibited at the end of last season (and no that wasn't him trying to bring down his average either)

Edited by Nickinho

This would be a strong looking septet:

1) Josh Pickering 8.63

2) Bastian Borke 4.00

3) Kye Thomson 6.48

4) Claus Vissing 6.24

5) Erik Riss 7.35

6) Connor Coles 2.63

7) Max James 2.00

Total 37.33

7 hours ago, Nickinho said:

This would be a strong looking septet:

1) Josh Pickering 8.63

2) Bastian Borke 4.00

3) Kye Thomson 6.48

4) Claus Vissing 6.24

5) Erik Riss 7.35

6) Connor Coles 2.63

7) Max James 2.00

Total 37.33

Vissing struggles at Armadale.IMO.

10 hours ago, Nickinho said:

You're assuming that Allen will be the number five for Scunny but with the average they currently have they could bring in Riss and still have 4.96 left over for their number 2. Schlein, Barker and Ben Cook are all better than Sedgman and when most teams roll into town they will line up with THREE riders who are better than Sedgman. Signing Sedgman at 5 would be a poor move imo especially with the poor form he exhibited at the end of last season (and no that wasn't him trying to bring down his average either)

Unless Scunny sign a higher averaged rider I can only assume Allen will be their 2nd heat leader (I never said number 5) even so Riss has a lower average than Justin, plus if Schlein, Barker & B.Cook are all better riders, why do they have lower averages? They may be better in the Prem, but not in the Champ.

I agree they may appear better riders, but Sedgy didn't get a 7.69 average by being poor, he even did that riding at number 5 in what was a tougher league last year (compared to this).

I don't necessarily believe Sedgmen would be a great signing, but don't understand how people think he'll be a terrible signing?

2 hours ago, Fromafar said:

Vissing struggles at Armadale.IMO.

Looked fine when I saw him this year (first appearance) plus riding there every week would help him. I'd be happy with his signing.

• Like 1