British Speedway Forum
bloom89

SGB Championship 2024 Confirmed Signings

3 minutes ago, Nickinho said:

When a certain team is hiring German riders solely due to their gender it's no real shock to me to see young British riders finding themselves squeezed out.

I don't think gilkes is being squeezed out I believe he's had offers as has anders Rowe but they've decided that they don't need championship speedway atm.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Nickinho said:

When a certain team is hiring German riders solely due to their gender it's no real shock to me to see young British riders finding themselves squeezed out.

Is he been squeezed out though . Are you 100% sure he didn't have offers that he declined 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nickinho said:

Why wouldn't you just say workington? Man up!!!! hahaha .Ever thought that he just didn't fit in with the team building??? There's 8 other teams that didn't fancy him but you chose to pick workington because they've signed a female.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Supersteady84 said:

Why wouldn't you just say workington? Man up!!!! hahaha .Ever thought that he just didn't fit in with the team building??? There's 8 other teams that didn't fancy him but you chose to pick workington because they've signed a female.

At the end of the day it is the prerogative of any team to build how they see fit to suit them.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Gazc said:

At the end of the day it is the prerogative of any team to build how they see fit to suit them.

Correct

• Confused 1

3 hours ago, Nickinho said:

Apparently more than 1 club was after signing the young German,  regardless of the gender, imo what I saw last year she would get a 6-8 point average in the NDL,  which is similar to bother reserves in the championship,  and your 2 reserves :D  if it does not work out for said team and rider, look at the publicity so far, and shudder to think how much publicity for speedway (and the comets) can be gained in the build up to the 1st meeting

3 hours ago, Supersteady84 said:

Ironic saying the phrase man up when talking about women’s inclusion in sport

1 hour ago, Neila said:

Apparently more than 1 club was after signing the young German,  regardless of the gender, imo what I saw last year she would get a 6-8 point average in the NDL,  which is similar to bother reserves in the championship,  and your 2 reserves :D  if it does not work out for said team and rider, look at the publicity so far, and shudder to think how much publicity for speedway (and the comets) can be gained in the build up to the 1st meeting

This is the biggest media oppertunity GB speedway has had for decades, are the current BSP wised up enough to see it?

59 minutes ago, allthegearbutnaeidea said:

Ironic saying the phrase man up when talking about women’s inclusion in sport

Hahaha 

52 minutes ago, Ghosty said:

This is the biggest media oppertunity GB speedway has had for decades, are the current BSP wised up enough to see it?

Doubt it, hopefully the comets promotion will be clued up, been lots of media interest locally so far

On 1/6/2024 at 12:45 PM, Neila said:

I don't know how Workington's stadium will be able to hold the half dozen new spectators who will flock there after hearing that they've signed a female at reserve.

Huge coup.

1 hour ago, Nickinho said:

I don't know how Workington's stadium will be able to hold the half dozen new spectators who will flock there after hearing that they've signed a female at reserve.

Huge coup.

Plenty of room for interested spectators,  come down to sunny Cumbria and join them, we will gladly take your admission money off you :D

• Like 2

So, just one last rider to be confirmed in this league, perhaps now the mods could finally pin this thread...

16 hours ago, Nickinho said:

Huge coup.

Ill be taking my daughter when she visits my local track as shes excited to see a female rider shes previously shown no interest in going… might only be 1 but sure there will be others… who exactly do you think is missing out whos any better?? 

2 hours ago, phillipsr said:

Ill be taking my daughter when she visits my local track as shes excited to see a female rider shes previously shown no interest in going… might only be 1 but sure there will be others… who exactly do you think is missing out whos any better?? 

Can't answer that, till we know how many points are available when the last rider is signed but Zaine Kennedy, Dan Gilkes, Jack Thomas, Ty Proctor, Adam Roynon, Stefan Nielsen.

I may well have signed Liebman ahead of the bottom 3 just for the publicity, but if the first 3 fitted, wouldn't have passed them up.