British Speedway Forum
StarBoy

2024 Premiership Predictions

40 minutes ago, spin king said:

I do think it matters who finishes top.

For me the main thing is that you finish in the top 4 to reach the Play Offs.

So the top 4 to finish in the Play Offs for me will be in no particular order.

Bell Vue

Ipswich

Leicester

Sheffield

The winner of the Play Off will be the team that books Bomber Harris as a Guest for the Play Offs.

Bomber rode for two teams in the 2023 play offs, maybe he can make it three in 2024. And lets not forget that Lambert will no doubt rock up for someone again for a lovely big end of season payday...

1 hour ago, BluPanther said:

Bomber rode for two teams in the 2023 play offs, maybe he can make it three in 2024. And lets not forget that Lambert will no doubt rock up for someone again for a lovely big end of season payday...

Cannot happen, as it has been decreed that Bomber (or anyone else), could only ride for ONE team in the play offs, if his own doesnt make it..

Seemingly last years play off situation has been reviewed and we now have the new regulation...

Perfectly acceptable...:D

Some, however, still dont take this sport too seriously...;)

• Like 2

On 2/16/2024 at 11:17 AM, Aries said:

Col has been predicting the demise of Doyle for the last 5 years. A couple of seasons ago he said Jack holder, Fricke and Kurtz would all overtake him that year and he’d be demoted to “4th best Aussie” in the League. LOL. It didn’t happen then and it still hasn’t happened despite him predicting it every winter. 

Oh and it won’t happen this coming season either. 

Jack Holder should outshine Doyley as the Aussies new number 1, I do think Doyle still has it to be number 2, but his best days are behind him.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, hyderd said:

Jack Holder should outshine Doyley as the Aussies new number 1, I do think Doyle still has it to be number 2, but his best days are behind him.

Quite possible at world level, however in the UK I still expect Doyle to be the best Aussie.

On the other hand I don’t think Doyle was happen with his set up last year & goes in to 2024 with a new set up & big backing on an individual level from Guy Nicholls 

• Like 1

I think your top four is about right. Finishing top isn’t as important as it was a few seasons ago when that team had choice of semi final opponents. It is quite possible that the team finishing fourth is the in form team at the time. Why on earth did they change that rule? I thought it was one of the best rules of the sport.

It’s a tough one this season. So that bodes well for a good competitive season. 
 look best with Ipswich behind them  

For me (maybe biased) belle Vue are the only team that have every rider potentially upping there average which bodes well as the season goes on. 

Sheffield look best on paper by names but I think a few will drop there average. 
with that in mind. I’ll go for this 

leicester

ipswich

belle vue

sheffield 

Oxford

kings lynn

Birmingham

belle Vue winning play offs 

9 minutes ago, Phil The Ace said:

For me (maybe biased) belle Vue are the only team that have every rider potentially upping there average which bodes well as the season goes on. 

Sheffield look best on paper by names but I think a few will drop there average. 

leicester

ipswich

belle vue

sheffield 

Oxford

kings lynn

Birmingham

I think upping averages (for all riders) is irrelevant....by that, I mean, that realistically, all of B'ham's riders could up their average and yet they will/most probably, still finish bottom!?

Simply because their so-called TOP 2 are not in the same league as other teams!

I personally don't think that all riders need to 'improve' to win the League!

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, GiveusaB said:

I think upping averages (for all riders) is irrelevant....by that, I mean, that realistically, all of B'ham's riders could up their average and yet they will/most probably, still finish bottom!?

Simply because their so-called TOP 2 are not in the same league as other teams!

I personally don't think that all riders need to 'improve' to win the League!

No just sign Lambert for play offs.

48 minutes ago, Wolfie456 said:

No just sign Lambert for play offs.

Yes Please! :D

16 hours ago, hyderd said:

JD for me any day of the week

• Like 1

16 hours ago, hyderd said:

I wouldn't want to put money on that, I expect there will be very little between them in the UK...

6 hours ago, Phil The Ace said:

leicester

ipswich

belle vue

sheffield 

Oxford

kings lynn

Birmingham

Cant see that ..

• Like 1

8 hours ago, cowboy cookie returns? said:

Quite possible at world level, however in the UK I still expect Doyle to be the best Aussie.

On the other hand I don’t think Doyle was happen with his set up last year & goes in to 2024 with a new set up & big backing on an individual level from Guy Nicholls 

Agreed, at world level I think Jack Holder will outshine Doyley by quite a way… in the UK however I still think Doyley will be the top Aussie 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, SpeedwayFan91 said:

Agreed, at world level I think Jack Holder will outshine Doyley by quite a way… in the UK however I still think Doyley will be the top Aussie 

Exactly right, Holder will put 100% into the gp's and Poland,  Doyle will put in 100% everywhere.

• Like 5