British Speedway Forum

43 minutes ago, mc131 said:

Luke won't be at redcar 

I don't have any insider knowledge whatsoever. Just who I'd go with personally. Hope he gets signed up somewhere though... got a very attractive average imo

2 minutes ago, Diamonds85 said:

I don't have any insider knowledge whatsoever. Just who I'd go with personally. Hope he gets signed up somewhere though... got a very attractive average imo

Hes all sorted.

22 hours ago, PotteringAround said:

Surprised that 6 riders have been named and the final 4.40 spot has been left hanging.

4.00+ riders will be in great demand due to the low limit, so they must have someone in mind/signed.   Mason Watson being pretty local seems the obvious, Mickie Simpson could be a strong contender, with Luke Crang, Joe Alcock or Josh Embleton as outsiders.  Anyone lower would be a waste of points.

Why a ‘waste’ ?

Its supposed to be a DEVELOPMENT league so why not give someone NEW a chance ? It’s not supposed to be about winning at all costs .

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, KK62 said:

Why a ‘waste’ ?

It's supposed to be a DEVELOPMENT league so why not give someone NEW a chance ? It’s not supposed to be about winning at all costs .

The voice of never ending experience shame that some don't get it 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, KK62 said:

Why a ‘waste’ ?

Its supposed to be a DEVELOPMENT league so why not give someone NEW a chance ? It’s not supposed to be about winning at all costs .

If that were true, why not give Katie Gordon the number 7 spot? Obviously they want to sign someone stronger, so winning does come into it.

Clubs will still want to be competitive - not suggesting this would happen to Redcar, but if a team got thrashed every week & no fans turned up, leading to the club pulling out the following season, there would be even less spaces for developing riders.

• Like 4

36 minutes ago, szkocjasid said:

If that were true, why not give Katie Gordon the number 7 spot? Obviously they want to sign someone stronger, so winning does come into it.

Clubs will still want to be competitive - not suggesting this would happen to Redcar, but if a team got thrashed every week & no fans turned up, leading to the club pulling out the following season, there would be even less spaces for developing riders.

I’m not the promoter ( anymore ) or even the team manager so it’s upto the management to do what they see fit. There are a number of riders associated with the club who could be considered for the final team spot, Katie being one of them. Would love to see Rachael Hellowell get a spot at Edinburgh too.

As for crowds, it’s a development league and should not be expected to attract big crowds or even make a profit, although that would be nice. It’s one step up from the NJL and the amateur scene so don’t expect it to be a big earner for any club.

The I.O.W. actually charge riders to ride in such meetings and people on this site rave about the clubs activities so isn’t that an eye opener.

Edited by KK62

With having watched most of the NJL riders this season one rider that has caught my eye every time i seen him ride was Billy Budd he has improved vastly over the year very smooth fast  rider and hopfully some team has him in there plans for next year 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, KK62 said:

I’m not the promoter ( anymore ) or even the team manager so it’s upto the management to do what they see fit. There are a number of riders associated with the club who could be considered for the final team spot, Katie being one of them. Would love to see Rachael Hellowell get a spot at Edinburgh too.

As for crowds, it’s a development league and should not be expected to attract big crowds or even make a profit, although that would be nice. It’s one step up from the NJL and the amateur scene so don’t expect it to be a big earner for any club.

The I.O.W. actually charge riders to ride in such meetings and people on this site rave about the clubs activities so isn’t that an eye opener.

Basic sense says that proving a decent product generates a decent crowd and helps make the league sustainable.  Giving riders team spots because of links to the club rather than ability is flawed. 

The IOW dont charge riders to ride, they generate a product where rider levels are closer and have a track which produces good racing. The NDL could easily do the same but teams are still being built with heavy heat leaders and new 3 point rookies so the same mistakes are made over and over again. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Sings4Speedway said:

Basic sense says that proving a decent product generates a decent crowd and helps make the league sustainable.  Giving riders team spots because of links to the club rather than ability is flawed. 

The IOW dont charge riders to ride, they generate a product where rider levels are closer and have a track which produces good racing. The NDL could easily do the same but teams are still being built with heavy heat leaders and new 3 point rookies so the same mistakes are made over and over again. 

I am quiet unsure with conflicting elements here?

4 hours ago, KK62 said:

Do they charge riders to ride and charge the paying public or not?

Everyone needs to know this as it is very relevant to many unanswered questions?

9 hours ago, secsy1 said:

I am quiet unsure with conflicting elements here?

Do they charge riders to ride and charge the paying public or not?

Everyone needs to know this as it is very relevant to many unanswered questions?

Moral of the story is i should not post tired.:D

No rider that i have ever spoken to has been charged to ride on IOW, they do need a Nora licence and then are rewarded per point at a fair (lower then NDL) rate.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, mac101 said:

With having watched most of the NJL riders this season one rider that has caught my eye every time i seen him ride was Billy Budd he has improved vastly over the year very smooth fast  rider and hopfully some team has him in there plans for next year 

If the lad was after a  team spot and has progressed as you say has he been in touch with the clubs to seek a team spot?

Redcar I think would be the only NDL club who would know who's been riding NJL and they have a set up of assets etc to include in their team, the rest of the teams wouldn't know who was in the NJL riding.

Edited by MillenTheVillen

On 12/22/2023 at 6:53 PM, MillenTheVillen said:

If the lad was after a  team spot and has progressed as you say has he been in touch with the clubs to seek a team spot?

Redcar I think would be the only NDL club who would know who's been riding NJL and they have a set up of assets etc to include in their team, the rest of the teams wouldn't know who was in the NJL riding.

I can assure you the lad has been in touch with every club running in the NDL.

Your second point.

Not just Redcar, Edinburgh would be clued up also, as they run two teams in the NJL.