British Speedway Forum
szkocjasid

Edinburgh Monarchs Academy 2024

Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, Binman said:

So who would you have to replace them ?

Very difficult to say because the system in this country doesn't help riders who are starting out it's to boost vatchers self ego as the savior even though he's never ridden and so not many riders are produced that are exceptional, the British national League is happy for most riders to just turn up to make up numbers to form a team and eventually give up and retire like a few have already this season. I'm not that in the know of any riders who could replace these two specifically but realistically the system fails apart from the odd dozen that make it to higher standards. 

Edited by ONTWOMINUTES
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

14 hours ago, Mr Blobby said:

Parker only put his leg over a speedway bike a year ago. Going to say you probably haven’t seen much of him. Improved a fair bit over the last year. 

As already said it’s a development league and you’re writing someone off after a match against the best side in the league. They’ve got Luke crang at reserve along with one of the up and coming talents in springer so not entirely sure what you were expecting.

I saw Parker in the flesh a couple of times last year and its safe to say he is technically challenged. Thats not to say he doesn't have potential but to put any rider straight into a league side after riding for a year is a huge gamble (yes Dan Bewley blah blah) but he was a generational exception rather than the norm. Im not saying Parker won't make it but i feel like he should have served more of an apprenticeship first

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, Sings4Speedway said:

I saw Parker in the flesh a couple of times last year and its safe to say he is technically challenged. Thats not to say he doesn't have potential but to put any rider straight into a league side after riding for a year is a huge gamble (yes Dan Bewley blah blah) but he was a generational exception rather than the norm. Im not saying Parker won't make it but i feel like he should have served more of an apprenticeship first

He’s also in the NJL side which will help him.

17 hours ago, ONTWOMINUTES said:

Very difficult to say because the system in this country doesn't help riders who are starting out it's to boost vatchers self ego as the savior even though he's never ridden and so not many riders are produced that are exceptional, the British national League is happy for most riders to just turn up to make up numbers to form a team and eventually give up and retire like a few have already this season. I'm not that in the know of any riders who could replace these two specifically but realistically the system fails apart from the odd dozen that make it to higher standards. 

You mean like chucking a rider out of a team opportunity because they 'haven't done anything worth talking about' in less than a year of riding... It's a development league and some riders take longer than others to develop... He's only 18. If he was in his late 20s I'd kinda get the argument...

2 hours ago, Diamonds85 said:

You mean like chucking a rider out of a team opportunity because they 'haven't done anything worth talking about' in less than a year of riding... It's a development league and some riders take longer than others to develop... He's only 18. If he was in his late 20s I'd kinda get the argument...

The two Edinburgh riders are two of many in the ndl that will never be much good other than spending their or parents money chasing the dream, if they have fun that's all that matters. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

4 hours ago, ONTWOMINUTES said:

The two Edinburgh riders are two of many in the ndl that will never be much good other than spending their or parents money chasing the dream, if they have fun that's all that matters. 

SpeedwaySlider72 is confused again, don't know why because its all there to see. That's if they actually attend any speedway or look at results. 

• Confused 1

22 hours ago, Mr Blobby said:

He’s also in the NJL side which will help him.

It will but surely thats the wrong way round? Once he is proficient in the NJL then he graduates to the NDL. Im not picking on Parker, thers plenty of riders who have been dropped into the league far too early, i can't even blame the riders for grabbing the opportunity its the promotions who go with the sink or swim mentality.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sings4Speedway said:

It will but surely thats the wrong way round? Once he is proficient in the NJL then he graduates to the NDL. Im not picking on Parker, thers plenty of riders who have been dropped into the league far too early, i can't even blame the riders for grabbing the opportunity its the promotions who go with the sink or swim mentality.

Think the lowering of the points limit hasn’t helped the situation. As promotions are having to go with these less experienced guys to fit within the limit.

1 hour ago, Mr Blobby said:

Think the lowering of the points limit hasn’t helped the situation. As promotions are having to go with these less experienced guys to fit within the limit.

it will only get worse as the lower limit is going to falsely inflate averages so the leagues "better" riders won't be as good as they were 10 years ago and the competition at the bottom will become poorer for it.  British Speedway needs strengthening from the bottom up not top down if its to have any chance of surviving.

• Like 3

On 4/11/2024 at 1:23 PM, Sings4Speedway said:

it will only get worse as the lower limit is going to falsely inflate averages so the leagues "better" riders won't be as good as they were 10 years ago and the competition at the bottom will become poorer for it.  British Speedway needs strengthening from the bottom up not top down if its to have any chance of surviving.

Exactly because at the moment the ndl is a complete waste of time . 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
On 4/11/2024 at 1:23 PM, Sings4Speedway said:

6 hours ago, ONTWOMINUTES said:

Exactly because at the moment the ndl is a complete waste of time . 

Had the opportunity 5 years or so ago to continue a successful NDL with more teams, but seemed to be sacrificed because it encroached on the league above. Could see what was going to happen then and it's definitely gone the way it was obviously going to go, with the clamour for points lowering and the " it's a development league" , which drove out some of the experienced guys to help with the youngsters developing. I know cost were a problem,  but lowering the points didn't really help the 'smaller' clubs and sure the likes of Eastbourne, Kent, and Mildenhall would have continued and thrived in a decent level NDL , certainly a time when Brennen, Edwards and Abblit seemed to develop ok at Eastbourne. Think this league will be lucky to survive as it's virtually no longer develops and it's not really a league.

Edited by gazzac
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, gazzac said:

Had the opportunity 5 years or so ago to continue a successful NDL with more teams, but seemed to be sacrificed because it encroached on the league above. Could see what was going to happen then and it's definitely gone the way it was obviously going to go, with the clamour for points lowering and the " it's a development league" , which drove out some of the experienced guys to help with the youngsters developing. I know cost were a problem,  but lowering the points didn't really help the 'smaller' clubs and sure the likes of Eastbourne, Kent, and Mildenhall would have continued and thrived in a decent level NDL , certainly a time when Brennen, Edwards and Abblit seemed to develop ok at Eastbourne. Think this league will be lucky to survive as it's virtually no longer develops and it's not really a league.

Not only that, in general the racing is pretty boring to watch, yes I know these riders are ' developing ' but some can hardly race. And it should be alot cheaper to get in, the club running the meeting needs to accept this and it would probably attract a bigger crowd. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, ONTWOMINUTES said:

Not only that, in general the racing is pretty boring to watch, yes I know these riders are ' developing ' but some can hardly race. And it should be alot cheaper to get in, the club running the meeting needs to accept this and it would probably attract a bigger crowd. 

The NDL product today is much poorer than it has been for as many years as i care to remember and the admission price is the highest....its simply not a sustainable business model for standalone clubs and relies on top ups from clubs running multiple sides which can't last forever. The writings been on the wall since IOW left

• Like 3

On 4/16/2024 at 9:05 AM, Sings4Speedway said:

The NDL product today is much poorer than it has been for as many years as i care to remember and the admission price is the highest....its simply not a sustainable business model for standalone clubs and relies on top ups from clubs running multiple sides which can't last forever. The writings been on the wall since IOW left

Would Agree

2 hours ago, Fromafar said:

Would Agree

Are some of the riders ready for NDL 2 meetings today