British Speedway Forum
szkocjasid

Edinburgh Monarchs Academy 2024

1 hour ago, StevePark said:

May be an image of 1 person and text that says 'DAYLE WOOD x EDINBURGH MONARCHS ACADEMY 2024 TEAM ANNOUNCEMENT ACAD CADE CA CADE DEME AC DAYLE Lellar nada M WOOD EDINB URGH MONARCHS ACADEMY 2024 MONARCHS ACADENT Stellar Omada'

Glad he decided to come back this year.  Learnt a lot last year and will surely build on that in 2024.  Throws the maths out a bit but with 11.63 points left am sure that is well in hand.

Mason Watson said early in the close season that he's signed for someone.

He'd still fit at Edinburgh, Middlesbrough or Scunfield.    But surely if he's signed for Middlesbrough or Scunfield they'd have already announced him since they've announced the other 6 and would have no reason to delay the last announcement.

Assuming he's at Edinburgh, it leaves 7.70 and no obvious signing.  (Tom Woolley seemingly the best fit).

Max Perry 7.75 would be the strongest signing, but that would mean crapping on Watson....

However, in the press release of Wood's signing it says ""It's a big year for Dayle and if the team is going to be successful we will need him to perform at a heat leader level".    That suggests a weak final signing.   If they had Coles, Perry and McGurk there'd be no need for Wood to be the third heat-leader...

2 hours ago, PotteringAround said:

He'd still fit at Edinburgh, Middlesbrough or Scunfield.    But surely if he's signed for Middlesbrough or Scunfield they'd have already announced him since they've announced the other 6 and would have no reason to delay the last announcement.

Assuming he's at Edinburgh, it leaves 7.70 and no obvious signing.  (Tom Woolley seemingly the best fit).

Max Perry 7.75 would be the strongest signing, but that would mean crapping on Watson....

However, in the press release of Wood's signing it says ""It's a big year for Dayle and if the team is going to be successful we will need him to perform at a heat leader level".    That suggests a weak final signing.   If they had Coles, Perry and McGurk there'd be no need for Wood to be the third heat-leader...

Bit strange to say they need Dayle to perform as a heat leader to be successful. They are bound to have 3 riders with higher averages. Does that mean they expect one of them to fail or they are looking for 4 heat leaders in the team?

Mind you in a weaker league, he's not far from heat leader level at his current ability.

Edited by szkocjasid

On 1/10/2024 at 3:47 PM, phillwhitewasmad said:

never said they would. but like i said if my rider is a better rider at the end than the beginning its a win all day long

Can you explain “Getting beaten week in week out” and “ending up better riders” that statement isn’t mathematically possible (roll eyes)  it’s that lack of ambition that’s got the sport into the state it’s in 

10 minutes ago, TMW said:

Can you explain “Getting beaten week in week out” and “ending up better riders” that statement isn’t mathematically possible (roll eyes)  it’s that lack of ambition that’s got the sport into the state it’s in 

When I was learning to ride I always liked to go out on track with lads faster and more experienced than me so I could follow their lines and chase them down, made me push myself and ride like those who were better than me... therefore I became a better rider as a result. Pointless going out and beating wobblers and ending with a 12.00 average if I'm the same rider I was at the beginning of the season because I've not had to push myself at all.

If anything the post that you quoted is full of ambition for his son (Luke Harrison) to get better as the season progresses against tougher opposition.

At this level rider progression is far more important than shiny trophies (although both would be nice)

Edited by Diamonds85
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, Diamonds85 said:

When I was learning to ride I always liked to go out on track with lads faster and more experienced than me so I could follow their lines and chase them down, made me push myself and ride like those who were better than me... therefore I became a better rider as a result. Pointless going out and beating wobblers and ending with a 12.00 average if I'm the same rider I was at the beginning of the season because I've not had to push myself at all.

If anything the post that you quoted is full of ambition for his son (Luke Harrison) to get better as the season progresses against tougher opposition.

At this level rider progression is far more important than shiny trophies (although both would be nice)

Tell me who you are and I’ll know if it worked or not 

1 hour ago, TMW said:

Not sure what you're asking here my comment was in answer to the joint Sheffield scunthorpe team winning the league . And never said riders getting beat every week would be better . I said if my rider is better at the end of the year than the beginning I'm not to bothered on who wins the league

• Like 3

On 1/15/2024 at 5:55 PM, phillwhitewasmad said:

Not sure what you're asking here my comment was in answer to the joint Sheffield scunthorpe team winning the league . And never said riders getting beat every week would be better . I said if my rider is better at the end of the year than the beginning I'm not to bothered on who wins the league

Since when did will to win become a taboo ?? and I’d say the supporters are the ones that count not the participants  

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, TMW said:

Since when did will to win become a taboo ?? and I’d say the supporters are the ones that count not the participants  

I think that the fans, particularly of teams who are not stand alone NDL and have a team in another division, just go along to enjoy the NDL racing and hopefully see some talent that goes on to the top level later in their career..

There is hardly an open top bus ride around the town for the Premiership winners, so the NDL Champs won't be making too many back pages...

If out of the lads riding this year, 10 to 15 of them all have a regular Championship team place in three to five years then the NDL then this season will have been a huge success...

Rider progression to regularly have 2nd tier teams being full of UK riders is the real measure of success..

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, TMW said:

Never said winning was taboo my rider through his 125 and 250 career had a large amount of success which was great but have to say he learnt more in the harder meetings and races he didn't win than in those he did 

On 1/17/2024 at 8:07 AM, phillwhitewasmad said:

Never said winning was taboo my rider through his 125 and 250 career had a large amount of success which was great but have to say he learnt more in the harder meetings and races he didn't win than in those he did 

Using that logic, which I fully agre with. Luke will develop less on this year's NDL than last year's? With a weaker league he may just win all his heats from the gate. Obviously track time is vital at that age, but I wonder would the likes of Luke learn more from racing against the Clegg's & Morley's of the world?

Edited by szkocjasid

On 1/14/2024 at 4:25 PM, PotteringAround said:

2 of the 3 named will more than likely be announced.

8 hours ago, phillwhitewasmad said:

An interesting logic ! So why enter NDL ? Anyway good luck for the season Andy 

1 hour ago, Mr Blobby said:

2 of the 3 named will more than likely be announced.

Whatever happened to Jack Kingston ( 6.45 ) no mention of him this year.  Thought he looked really good at Armadale in 2022 for Mildenhall.  Was heading for a maximum when he slipped off in his last ride.  Tom Woolley has already had two stints with the Devils - not sure if he is kind of rider that would fit with this type of team in 2024 but that's just a guess.

40 minutes ago, TMW said:

An interesting logic ! So why enter NDL ? Anyway good luck for the season Andy 

Reasoning is bike time is key to success the additional 10 meetings will be invaluable to him . 

• Like 1