British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
PotteringAround

Belle Vue Colts 2024

13 minutes ago, PotteringAround said:

But will he be a reserve?    Knowing that McGurk is a potential 7.00+ rider at the NSS they could put him in the top 5 with a powerful top end

Sam Hagon   8.24
Max Perry   7.75
Freddy Hodder   6.44
Joe Alcock   4.36
Harry McGurk   3.00
Kean Dicken   3.00
Sonny Springer   3.00

He would need to be at reserve his confidence is shot he barely scored at reserve last season. Hopefully he can get himself bk to the 7+ rider he can be.

3 minutes ago, mc131 said:

He would need to be at reserve his confidence is shot he barely scored at reserve last season. Hopefully he can get himself bk to the 7+ rider he can be.

Looking at it again, they could run with that strong top end, carry Dicken in the top 5, and have McGurk as a potential trump card at reserve.  If McGurk returns to his NSS form a top 4 of Hagon, Perry, McGurk, Hodder would be very potent.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, PotteringAround said:

But will he be a reserve?    Knowing that McGurk is a potential 7.00+ rider at the NSS they could put him in the top 5 with a powerful top end

Sam Hagon   8.24
Max Perry   7.75
Freddy Hodder   6.44
Joe Alcock   4.36
Harry McGurk   3.00
Kean Dicken   3.00
Sonny Springer   3.00

I'd put him at reserve in that team, put the weakest 3.00 rider at 2. Sounds harsh, but helps them win.

• Like 2

McGurk has shown enough in the past to be the best 3.00 rider this coming season. Hopefully he can get his confidence back and being at a track he knows will only help that. 

Im assuming that Dicken is doing a lot of laps in the Northern amateur meetings and looking impressive as otherwise i just don't get where his name has appeared in so many potential line ups? The last i heard is that Alcock had fallen out of love with the sport and was finished with it.....but things often quickly change. 

Only in speedway can riders like H.McGurk & Crang have appalling seasons and then become sought after signings the following year.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Sings4Speedway said:

Im assuming that Dicken is doing a lot of laps in the Northern amateur meetings and looking impressive as otherwise i just don't get where his name has appeared in so many potential line ups? The last i heard is that Alcock had fallen out of love with the sport and was finished with it.....but things often quickly change. 

Only in speedway can riders like H.McGurk & Crang have appalling seasons and then become sought after signings the following year.

While Max Perry gets dropped because he developed too much in a development league!

• Like 1

Because of the points limit, every team will look weak, but I do feel the Belle Vue team looks especially weak. I know they have 2 riders to sign, but think they need a big season from Harry McGurk.

• Like 1

On 12/21/2023 at 10:16 AM, Sings4Speedway said:

Don’t understand why Crang is considered in NDL.

38 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

Don’t understand why Crang is considered in NDL.

Because he has never averaged above 4 in the Champ, Leicester want to win the league & there is no age limit in the NDL.

Gavin Parr could stand in for Middlesbrough if one of their riders broke down on the way for example.

18 minutes ago, szkocjasid said:

Because he has never averaged above 4 in the Champ, Leicester want to win the league & there is no age limit in the NDL.

Gavin Parr could stand in for Middlesbrough if one of their riders broke down on the way for example.

And wouldn't we all hear about it if he did...

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, szkocjasid said:

I knew that,but Crang is very unlikely to everAverage over 4 definitely not one for the future.Shows the state of the sport in Uk.

33 minutes ago, szkocjasid said:

How can Gavin do that ? When he won’t be at their away meetings and possibly not at many of the home meetings either.

Now if you had said Stuart Swales ……

28 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

I knew that,but Crang is very unlikely to everAverage over 4 definitely not one for the future.Shows the state of the sport in Uk.

Look at any development league in most sports there's older players/riders whatever you wanna call them. There's not an unlimited supply of kids in any sport... experience in the team is always a good thing too...

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Marson makes it 6

Wirtzfeld completes the team

Edited by Fozzie4388