British Speedway Forum

On 2/6/2024 at 3:49 AM, martinmauger said:

But we'll see, at least they are trying something new....

Something that absolutely no one was calling for! They should concentrate on introducing things they've already promised before introducing gimmicks like this. Do you know who's idea this actually was? Will it put any extra bums on seats, pull in any extra viewers, entice any additional sponsors/advertisements?

• Like 1

On 1/27/2024 at 3:01 PM, Grachan said:

A more negative thing, for me, would be a rider winning the World Championship in practice.

That doesn't bother me as much as the fact that rider A could win the world title ahead of rider B, because rider C beat rider D in a race they are not in (different semi finals).

i wonder if it's more of a way to guarantee all riders are present as practice for Cardiff & Warsaw is on the Friday

What is even "sprint" about it? If they wanted to copy other sports, which they seem determined to do, they should run a series of one lap dashes...

Or, god forbid, come up with an original idea! How about something like a rider nominating one of his races during the main meeting to count to qualification to an extra "Golden" race? This could be tactical, so Zmarzlik could nominate his "quali" race when he meets his nearest rival to harm their chances or an "easy" race to stand a better chance of qualification to the bonus race... that's just off the top of my head

On 4/23/2024 at 1:18 PM, iainb said:

What is even "sprint" about it? If they wanted to copy other sports, which they seem determined to do, they should run a series of one lap dashes...

Or, god forbid, come up with an original idea! How about something like a rider nominating one of his races during the main meeting to count to qualification to an extra "Golden" race? This could be tactical, so Zmarzlik could nominate his "quali" race when he meets his nearest rival to harm their chances or an "easy" race to stand a better chance of qualification to the bonus race... that's just off the top of my head

Stick all 16 on track at once with 4 heats of 8 laps :D

• Haha 3

Are the quali sessions refereed? You could have the situation of riders baulking each other during the practice/quali season to make their opponents' time slower and therefore not qualify for the "sprint" race

Edited by iainb

6 hours ago, Daniel Smith said:

Stick all 16 on track at once with 4 heats of 8 laps :D

Using a figure of eight circuit :D