British Speedway Forum
tocha

Peter Craven Memorial Trophy - Monday 18th March.

Why on earth is Celina liebmann riding in this meeting when it's stopping one of the young lads maybe from riding?.Also feel sorry for Workington as they will definitely have at least one weak reserve.it is what it is I guess but wouldn't,t be too happy if I was a worky supporter.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

Dinosaur, maybe u think she should be at the sink instead.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, Toady said:

She might have to be when she's ridden a few matches with little return...have a women's competition yes but riding with the males....well just hope she doesn't get hurt,unless she can gate that is!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Moranboys said:

Why on earth is Celina liebmann riding in this meeting when it's stopping one of the young lads maybe from riding?.Also feel sorry for Workington as they will definitely have at least one weak reserve.it is what it is I guess but wouldn't,t be too happy if I was a worky supporter.

Normally the weakest rider in this meeting has been a Prem second string / Champ heat leader. So can't see Celina beating anyone if that remains the same.

I understand why Belle Vue are using her - for publicity / ticket sales, but not sure they could claim she's there on merit as a strong rider.

Edited by szkocjasid
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, szkocjasid said:

Normally the weakest rider in this meeting has been a Prem second string / Champ heat leader. So can't see Celina beating anyone if that remains the same.

I understand why Belle Vue are using her - for publicity / ticket sales, but not sure they could claim she's there on merit as a strong rider.

Who cares… Many of the spectators will be young females.It is a positive and refreshing move by the promotion obviously echoed by Workington.

• Like 7

47 minutes ago, szkocjasid said:

not sure they could claim she's there on merit

Speedway is part of the entertainment industry, and a priority for any entertainment business is getting bums on seats.   Celina will probably put more bums on seats than any other rider in the field, so of course she's there on merit.

With the PCMT field usually being around GP standard, she'll struggle to pick up points, but she's certainly good enough to pick up points in the Championship for Workington in a second string/senior reserve role.

• Like 6

3 hours ago, szkocjasid said:

Well said...... ridiculous really.

• Like 1

On 2/25/2024 at 2:09 PM, Moranboys said:

workington supporters are really looking forward to seeing celina @ northside  .

On 2/25/2024 at 2:53 PM, Toady said:

proper sexist remark  , do your own dishes .

23 hours ago, szkocjasid said:

Lemo knows how to attract punters old and NEW .

So far 

bewley

lindgren

kurtz

lidsey

doyle

leibman 

rob lambert 

Max fricke

luke Becker 

2 hours ago, Phil The Ace said:

So far 

bewley

lindgren

kurtz

lidsey

doyle

leibman 

rob lambert 

Max fricke

luke Becker 

Phil can you pay at the gate on the day or is it tickets only?

8 hours ago, Phil The Ace said:

So far 

bewley

lindgren

kurtz

lidsey

doyle

leibman 

rob lambert 

Max fricke

luke Becker 

Assume  Cook, Blodorn, Mountain and Bailey will take 4 place, so 3 more needed.

Woffinden, J Holder and Zagar?

17 hours ago, Wolfie456 said:

Phil can you pay at the gate on the day or is it tickets only?

Can pay on the gate yes 

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, PotteringAround said:

Assume  Cook, Blodorn, Mountain and Bailey will take 4 place, so 3 more needed.

Woffinden, J Holder and Zagar?

I don’t think mountain or Bailey will be in. I expect cook to be announced next then 5 non belle Vue riders. 

janowski

tungate

Emil

c holder 

Woffy 

my guess only