British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
spin king

Premiership Media Day

10 hours ago, Najjer said:

There was definitely a guy from the sun there as he asked a question.

Was that Phil Lanning?

Posted (edited)
18 hours ago, K7KDD said:

Keeping checking yourself mate....you sound a bit fake to me.

So by that logic, all the F1 drivers are fake?   They don't swear when being interviewed on TV.  I am willing to bet they swear behind the scenes though, so that's not being fake, that's being professional I would suggest.

Edited by TheReturn
Typo

Citicise Tai all you like, but ask yourself this question.

Which rider at the Premiership Media Day made a comment that resulted in a speedway story getting into yesterday's copy of The Sun?

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, TheReturn said:

So by that logic, all the F1 drivers are fake?   They don't swear when being interviewed on TV.  I am willing to bet they swear behind the scenes though, so that's not being fake, that's being professional I would suggest.

F1 is an utter bore fest and yes they have all been fake since James Hunt.

56 minutes ago, K7KDD said:

F1 is an utter bore fest and yes they have all been fake since James Hunt.

So you say, but despite your opinion, F1 generates millions, maybe billions, worldwide.     

British GP at Silverstone in 2023 attracted 480,000 paying spectators, every one paying at least three times as much as it cost to get into Cardiff.

I think we'd all like speedway to do the same, no? 

1 hour ago, TheReturn said:

You only hand to watch drive to survive to see that they are very different characters "behind the scenes". 

1 hour ago, Grachan said:

Citicise Tai all you like, but ask yourself this question.

Which rider at the Premiership Media Day made a comment that resulted in a speedway story getting into yesterday's copy of The Sun?

I am not sure getting in The Sun is something to be proud about..  :D

It was a shame that no body really mentioned some of the great heats we saw last season such as the belle vue v Ipswich heat in the semi finals, the comeback by Sheffield in the final or some of the really good overtakes throughout the season, that’s what’s going to attract more fans and also get some positive attention. Yes social media does a have “click bait” obsession with stuff like fighting and that’s all well and good but not sure that’s going to bring more fans in,  but speedway could certainly with the right content get more eyes on site with the overtaking, the crashes etc. However have to say much better presentation than I’ve seen before cant help but think with better personnel  and financial support Phil will do greater things.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, 1stbender said:

It was a shame that no body really mentioned some of the great heats we saw last season such as the belle vue v Ipswich heat in the semi finals, the comeback by Sheffield in the final or some of the really good overtakes throughout the season, that’s what’s going to attract more fans and also get some positive attention. Yes social media does a have “click bait” obsession with stuff like fighting and that’s all well and good but not sure that’s going to bring more fans in,  but speedway could certainly with the right content get more eyes on site with the overtaking, the crashes etc. However have to say much better presentation than I’ve seen before cant help but think with better personnel  and financial support Phil will do greater things.

It does appear that a much more professional evolution is beginning to take place - this is good! irrespective of Tai's comment or getting the sun etc. Lets hope that this continues.

I actually thought the programme at Ipswich was very good last night too, it was a glossy production with a much wider outlook to it, more pages and more like a  football programme, or at least how I remember football prgrammes used to be - I haven't been to a live football match in England since about 2016. Again if this is a sign of the sport modernising and becomming more professional then I am all for it!

Edited by GeneralMelchett
  • Like 1