British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Arch Stanton

Witches v Aces Thursday March 21st

Think we’ll win our opening meeting fairly comfortably, but I might change that prediction after we see how Belle Vue get on at Leicester on Thursday!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Arch Stanton said:

Doyle 15 ;) 

Buttons meant 4-12 for Doyle!!:D

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Rew at 4 is a worry, he won't get a full season of underperforming again and with Riss looking like he's back to his best at Wrights testimonial could be an easy change down the line

Posted (edited)

Not sure if much can be read by Testimonial/friendly meetings? 

But I do agree that Its only a matter of time before someone signs Riss !

Edited by GiveusaB

While I agree with the points in testimonials and friendlies not meaning a lot for a rider who had a lot of trouble last year to be mixing it in the final with fast Freddie was great to see and I hope he gets sorted a team 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, blue witch said:

Rew at 4 is a worry, he won't get a full season of underperforming again and with Riss looking like he's back to his best at Wrights testimonial could be an easy change down the line

He’s my concern too. We need more from him this time around simple as that. No bedding in excuses this year. Let’s hope he gets off to a good positive start on Thursday which could set the tone. 

Looking forward to my first meeting of 2024 since the Kyle Howarth testimonal was postponed. Expecting a Witches win but Belle Vue took victory both times last year and in Brady Kurtz they do have a rider who can and will pop out of the start and stay there so no room for complacency!!

Wishing good seasons and injury free for all in 2024!

• Like 2

No weather concerns so good to go tomorrow. Always important to get off to good start, especially at home. Is tomorrow the day that Bewley finally comes to the party at Foxhall? He’s too talented a rider not to so it has to come at some point you’d think. Kurtz on the other hand rides it well and is more than capable of taking the scalps of our top two which we’ve already seen here. Looks a good contest to kick things off. 

Posted (edited)
18 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

No weather concerns so good to go tomorrow. Always important to get off to good start, especially at home. Is tomorrow the day that Bewley finally comes to the party at Foxhall? He’s too talented a rider not to so it has to come at some point you’d think. Kurtz on the other hand rides it well and is more than capable of taking the scalps of our top two which we’ve already seen here. Looks a good contest to kick things off. 

13 rides at Foxhall over three meetings last year, he won one heat. 8 from 5, 4 from 4 and 5 from 4. That’s nowhere near good enough from a rider of his quality whether he likes the track or not. Belle Vue still won both league meetings though despite Bewley underperforming so if he gets his act together it could be close. The issue Belle Vue have though is on both those victories, they had Lidsey and then Brennan scoring double figures at reserve, this time they have Mountain who also hates Foxhall and struggles with it. In the play off semi they had Blodorn at reserve who scored 3 points from 5 rides and they got battered. Just again proves that a high scoring reserve wins you meetings. 

Edited by Aries

Ipswich by 8-10 points.

• Like 1