British Speedway Forum

Rain due Monday which isn’t promising.. if things do change with the forecast I fancy Sheffield to win this by 10 points. We ran Oxford very close after having no laps as a team before this. Similar kind of track shape I think we will start better. 

hoping for some good racing I will be making the trip down Monday 

• Like 2

If this one beats the weather I’ll hopefully be off to this one, can only see an away win for Sheffield,  unlike the Oxford visit all the Sheffield riders have prior experience of Perry Barr,  even though Birmingham should have upper hand at reserve the top 5 of Sheffield should see them through, so going for a 40-50 away win 

BIRMINGHAM: Vaclav Milik, Tom Brennan, Wiktor Lampart, Steve Worrall, Scott Nicholls, Zach Cook, Leon Flint.
SHEFFIELD: Jack Holder, Kyle Howarth, Chris Holder, Josh Pickering, Tai Woffinden, Jason Edwards, Dan Gilkes.

On paper should be an easy ride for the champions.

Here is hoping for a last heat decider and 43-47

Posted (edited)

If I was Birmingham I'd have sacrificed heat 13 & aimed for points in heats 8 & 14. Plus tell Ermolenko he can put Cook in heats 12 & 14 if he's riding better than Flint.

1. Vaclav Milik

2. Steve Worrall

3. Wiktor Lampart

4. Scott Nicholls

5. Tom Brennan

6. Zach Cook

7. Leon Flint

Edited by szkocjasid
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, szkocjasid said:

....... tell Ermolenko he can put Cook in heats 12 & 14 if he's riding better than Flint.

He is fully aware of that!

Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, kitten2502 said:

He is fully aware of that!

Yes… he has already  said that he could have made one more change at Oxford…. Cook for flint in heat 14 but as those of us in attendance debated, would that have knocked Leon’s confidence and remember that Leon had won his last race in heat 8 .
A hard call… we were doing far better than any of  us expected but, which way would you have gone? 
personally, I was happy to support whichever decision he made because there were pro’s snd cons either way and, he’d already shown he had the nouse and the bottle by dropping milik for Worrall in heat 13 

Edited by the hobbit
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)

BBC midlands news this morning, small piece about Birmingham speedway, it could have been a good advert for the club and to let people know about it with some enthusiasm for the sport ? No! it was a warning by Nigel Tolley if the crowds do not turn up, then speedway will not be sustainable and will disappear from Birmingham , this before a home match has even been staged, pessimistically expecting a poor turn out it would seem ?

Full article from last night was a bit better 

BBC One - Midlands Today, Evening News, 24/03/2022, Brummies banking on speedway fans' backing

Edited by piston197

Weather forecast looks pretty grim, rain until 16:00.

2 hours ago, piston197 said:

BBC midlands news this morning, small piece about Birmingham speedway, it could have been a good advert for the club and to let people know about it with some enthusiasm for the sport ? No! it was a warning by Nigel Tolley if the crowds do not turn up, then speedway will not be sustainable and will disappear from Birmingham , this before a home match has even been staged, pessimistically expecting a poor turn out it would seem ?

Full article from last night was a bit better 

BBC One - Midlands Today, Evening News, 24/03/2022, Brummies banking on speedway fans' backing

That was dated March 2022!

• Haha 2