British Speedway Forum
BackstaightBandit

Berwick VS Workington - Border Trophy - 30/03

1 minute ago, Gazc said:

I let’s be honest they are both in decline and Batchelor at an alarming rate.

I hope Cookie can regain some form ,he is not a write off just yet.

Both seem to have to be in the right mood to perform.  If not you only get limited effort. 
it’s early days yet. Plenty of time to start performing 

Just now, Racin Jason 72 said:

Both seem to have to be in the right mood to perform.  If not you only get limited effort. 
it’s early days yet. Plenty of time to start performing 

It is early days more confident that Cook will regain some sort of form , not so sure Batch will.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Noelinho said:

That is one reason Glasgow don't stream. They say it goes affect their gate.

Doesn’t Edinburgh stream not allow you to buy it if you live within a certain mile radius of the track? 

There was not many positives to take from that performance was there.

Berwick moved out from the white line where the Comets riders bar Vissing were not interested in going out there.

Heat 3 mind needs noted Comets on a 5-1 and stopped because Berwick rider had not cleared the track, staning on fate one !!!! He should have been fined for that.

• Like 5

Kemp never moved from the start off gate one,how many times do riders stop and sit on the kerb,stop one u stop them all,but worse was not seeing batch won his race when everyone on back straight saw he had won.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, geoff100 said:

Beaton fair and square but that ref was awful stopped a certain 5-1 for us then batch won by half a bike length was given to berwick rider.

on the stream it looked like batch just missed out to be fair 

but heat 3 should never have been rerun it should have been left to run as it was 

1 minute ago, scaramanga said:

on the stream it looked like batch just missed out to be fair 

but heat 3 should never have been rerun it should have been left to run as it was 

Soz batch deffo got it the txtter from berwick even put it on updates but had to change it !

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, CTD26 said:

Newcastle’s track is smoother than this, awful.

Rained pretty much every day for a week. The track was in good condition considering the battering it’s taken 

Edited by Shadders
  • Like 2

Just now, Shadders said:

Rained pretty much every day for a week. The track was on good condition considering the battering it’s taken 

If that’s good, I’d hate to see it at its worst.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, CTD26 said:

Tracks was fine for this time of the year. You should’ve seen it 15 years ago when it was like a roller coaster. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, geoff100 said:

Soz batch deffo got it the txtter from berwick even put it on updates but had to change it !

He was on the back straight where the tannoy wasn't good and he wouldn't have got the view the home straight had...I was Sat right at the tapes and sorry to say for you that Batch didn't get it! It was close though 

A very good display from Berwick on a decent track that held up well considering the weather that's been had this week. There was a team much more up for it tonight and they weren't from the West Coast :rolleyes:

Edited by Bandits4eva

10 minutes ago, geoff100 said:

Transponders are only 99.9 percent perfect.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, geoff100 said:

Yeah it was very clear from the back straight, but I bet it’s hard from that ref’s box on the strange angle they have. 

Was surprised at how fast Vissing was, he was the fastest rider on show.

As for the others, especially Tate and Antti they were just trying to work out the track and when to shut off the throttle. The riders come into the bends so fast because of the long straights

I’ve not been to Berwick for years, but can’t remember the track being that bumpy and awkward to ride.

Berwick guys are clearly dialled into the lines on it, fair play and should have an unbeaten season at home. I think it’s good for speedway when sides are strong at home.

Our guys will put on a good show tomorrow, hopefully Antti and Cookie they’ve came away unscathed after their falls. Craig hit the fence really hard

11 minutes ago, CTD26 said:

What was wrong with track 

Looked OK to me and lots late passing 

Weather been terrible in area past few weeks so hats off for getting speedway on 

Others would wish same 

You can please some of folk all time etc and others not 

• Like 1