British Speedway Forum
JanAndersen

Edinburgh vs Glasgow 5/4/24

5 hours ago, snapper said:

I went to Worky last Saturday and must say I loved the visit as this is a trip I had been missing the past few seasons.  It is a brilliant looking stadium if I had a minor complaint it is the fact that you cannot move around from the home straight and bends to the back straight and bends without having to go out of the stadium but it is great set up and look forward to seeing it improve as the season go on. 

its not a stadium .

4 minutes ago, j2ohh said:

its not a stadium .

Sorry Arena

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, snapper said:

I went to Worky last Saturday and must say I loved the visit as this is a trip I had been missing the past few seasons.  It is a brilliant looking stadium if I had a minor complaint it is the fact that you cannot move around from the home straight and bends to the back straight and bends without having to go out of the stadium but it is great set up and look forward to seeing it improve as the season go on. 

It will be better next year, as the 3rd 4th bend area is being filled in to carry on banking all round the GT tyres arena, 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Neila said:

It will be better next year, as the 3rd 4th bend area is being filled in to carry on banking all round the GT tyres arena, 

Does that mean the the riders will emerge from a tunnel to the track Neila ?

1 hour ago, 1Tsunami said:

You must be thinking about the 2nd bend where the pits are?

Will be able to walk around the whole Arena once it's filled in.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 1Tsunami said:

No the 3rd 4th bend is the opposite end to the pits 

16 hours ago, Marksman said:

You must be thinking about the 2nd bend where the pits are?

Will be able to walk around the whole Arena once it's filled in.

Yes I get that, but there must be an opening somewhere to get bikes and riders from the pits and on to the track.?

What’s all this English chat doing on a Scottish fixture? English chat for English threads! :D

• Haha 1

54 minutes ago, 1Tsunami said:

Yes I get that, but there must be an opening somewhere to get bikes and riders from the pits and on to the track.?

A big gap now where the pits and pits gate are on bend 2, this area is by passed by the spectators to access bend 1 and starting straight you go out and round the back of the pits, but hopefully next year you will be able to walk round bend 3 + 4 to access starting straight and bend 1 +2 

20 minutes ago, Neila said:

A big gap now where the pits and pits gate are on bend 2, this area is by passed by the spectators to access bend 1 and starting straight you go out and round the back of the pits, but hopefully next year you will be able to walk round bend 3 + 4 to access starting straight and bend 1 +2 

So the complaint by many is why you can't go from bend 3 to bend 2 because of the pits access gap, and you have to go the long way around the back of the pits to reenter the track up the bank and the back of the second bend. Earlier  statements were 3rd and 4th bends were being filled in so you can walk around to the home straight so that raises the question how do they then access the track with the tractors from the 4th bend.. I find people complain more about not being able to go direct from the 3rd bend to the second bend without going around behind the pits. 

• Like 1

You need to go to northside to see the set up as you have it wrong in your head

Pits on exit of bend 2 . Seating/ standing on back straight,  to access bend 2 and 1 and starting straight,  at the moment you have to walk around the outside of the pits to go to bend 1/2 and starting straight.  Next year when bend 3 + 4 are filled in you will be able to walk round that way to the start straight etc, it will be taped off when any tractor movements   

keep this going as them lot over the border don't like it :D

• Haha 1

On 4/6/2024 at 1:57 PM, Neila said:

You need to go to northside to see the set up as you have it wrong in your head

Pits on exit of bend 2 . Seating/ standing on back straight,  to access bend 2 and 1 and starting straight,  at the moment you have to walk around the outside of the pits to go to bend 1/2 and starting straight.  Next year when bend 3 + 4 are filled in you will be able to walk round that way to the start straight etc, it will be taped off when any tractor movements   

keep this going as them lot over the border don't like it :D

Neila, I have been to Workington several times last year and I am well aware of the design of the track. The biggest comment that people talk about is not being able to go from bend3 and then to behind bend2. This is the easiest route if fans were an allowed to go through the gates and up the bank when there is no bikes entering of leaving the track. If that was possible it would be the favourite route to the 1st an 2nd bends if the detour around the pits area was eliminated. 

Imo I don't think it would be allowed,  as you will be going along the edge of the pits ,all be it far away from the main part   we all know what elf and safety rules are like these days, eliminate all risks of anything happening,  

13 hours ago, Neila said:

Imo I don't think it would be allowed,  as you will be going along the edge of the pits ,all be it far away from the main part   we all know what elf and safety rules are like these days, eliminate all risks of anything happening,  

Plymouth allow fans to cross pits access/exit to get to their grandstand in between races, there's stewards there to stop people until bikes leave track/once the two minutes come on.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, gmarsbar2 said:

Plymouth allow fans to cross pits access/exit to get to their grandstand in between races, there's stewards there to stop people until bikes leave track/once the two minutes come on.

Glasgow do much the same in front of the grandstand. Don't know why. 

• Like 1