British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Moranboys

Lions v tigers 11/4/24

12 minutes ago, Teromaafan said:

Anyone stop to the end to hear what the riders/manager had to say?

Yep, a full complement tonight. Lawson was not happy with the ref in heat 1, he thought it was first bend bunching, the gaffer said he's targeting Birmingham on Monday for a win with a new riding order, Fricke and Dougy at 1 and 2, Masters at 5 I think he said

1 hour ago, TTT said:

Birmingham have some serious competition for the wooden spoon unless changes are made at Leicester.

Masters and Kemp out for Riss and Sedgmen is an easy decision.

Can't agree that's an easy decision. Sedgemen may score more than Kemp, but Riss would score less than Masters.

• Like 1

Think Leicester need to be more ruthless with their reserves. After his heat 2 win I'd have put Kemp in heat 4. I also would have put him in heat 12 (he had beaten Edwards, Joe hadn't) then if Kemp ran a last, could always put Joe in heat 14?

4 minutes ago, szkocjasid said:

Can't agree that's an easy decision. Sedgemen may score more than Kemp, but Riss would score less than Masters.

For me before the season started I always thought that Lawson & Masters were going to be suspect in the new higher quality league, Lawson has really surprised me with his performances and really has been Lions consistent light so far this season. Masters I'm still to be convinced by. 

9 minutes ago, iainb said:

Yep, a full complement tonight. Lawson was not happy with the ref in heat 1, he thought it was first bend bunching, the gaffer said he's targeting Birmingham on Monday for a win with a new riding order, Fricke and Dougy at 1 and 2, Masters at 5 I think he said

Interesting. Riders with the two highest averages paired together (although there’s only a gnats between second and fifth in the averages). I’ve never been convinced that matches are won or lost due to the riding order. I wonder if that is a one off for the Brum match or if he is thinking beyond Monday.

4 minutes ago, Teromaafan said:

Interesting. Riders with the two highest averages paired together (although there’s only a gnats between second and fifth in the averages). I’ve never been convinced that matches are won or lost due to the riding order. I wonder if that is a one off for the Brum match or if he is thinking beyond Monday.

He said he'd already decided on the new riding order before tonight

Just got home after a nip and tuck match - thought Sheffield had done enough to throw away what looked at various points to be a routine win, between engine failures and a fall when in points scoring positions, and Tai having a bad night I feared the worst… but hats off to the Holder brothers, they did the business when they had to.

Not the most exciting meeting racing wise, but the scores being within a couple of points all night kept it interesting.

• Like 3

It’s a very competitive league this year with teams generally stronger, which is good for the sport. Teams that will make the play offs will be the ones that have top end fire power when scores are tight entering the last three heats. For Leicester to win tight matches, Fricke has to up his game (although tonight he looked a little better) to give the Lions any chance in these situations. The reserves are a worry as many have predicted. At the moment, the Lions are just grateful for wins and bonus points appear to be a pipe dream.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, szkocjasid said:

Combine the two and Leicester are better off.

Sedgmen or Riss at reserve easily gets Double the amount of point than Kemp would.

Then whoever's at 2 would only need to get 4 or 5 a meeting considering the numbers Masters is putting up.

The reserves are a great worry at Leicester tonight they were at home racing against possibly one the weaker pairings.

Drew Kemp won one race and then nothing and Joe Thompson beat the rising star then a gift point from a 3 rider race both so far have simply not been good enough.

Options are limited especially with RS position, No6 there is some potential options and may be unfair to look at a double move with a new reserve and rider in 1-5 .

The question being how long do you give it ? Will not be any easier next week against Belle Vue 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

I thought it was a cracking meeting from where I was standing. There was passing for sure. It was a real shame we lost in the last heat. Fair play to Sheffield they have a cracking side. There wasn't much confidence going into this from the supporters I had spoken too, there were.a few grumblings saying changes need to made etc. Problem is expectation has risen at Leicester ever since we moved leagues and the team we've put together is should be doing better. Even though I enjoyed the meeting we really do need to win at home. Couldn't care less what happens away but winning at home is a must. So far we've one once and that wasn't convincing either. I don't think I'd make changes yet to the side, the top 5 could all still click yet and Dickson will be more patient unlike last year. Well done to the bend 2 army that were making some noise as per usual, although they only seem to sing when there winning lol. 

Edited by FishersGate
Spelling

8 hours ago, TTT said:

Combine the two and Leicester are better off.

Sedgmen or Riss at reserve easily gets Double the amount of point than Kemp would.

Then whoever's at 2 would only need to get 4 or 5 a meeting considering the numbers Masters is putting up.

I'll agree they might score more as a pair, but don't think it's a certainty they will. If you want to strengthen up the reserves, I'd make a single change, drop Kemp for Vissing, Etheridge or Thomson, so you don't habe to drop a top 5 rider.

Although I would give Kemp more time first.

To early for changes in my opinion, I'm confident the top 5 will come good and once click is a solid unit. Reserves I with others agree need to be holding there own especially at home. Think Kemp will turn it around Joe seems a little out his depth at this level no criticism just maybe a jump to far at present in his career. I would only make the 1 change but give it a few more meetings. as the city say KEEP THE FAITH Lions fans.

Fully expecting to see a post by Artem Laguta's "agent" anytime soon! 

Seeing Dan Thompson's scores must be like being haunted by a ghost. Feel sorry for Drew Kemp, but it's dog eat dog at no.6

• Like 1