British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
StephenMiller

Birmingham v Leicester 15th April 2024

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, eric i said:

So who do you change for Flint? he is one of the best rising stars, imo I wouldn't swop him for any other rider on the list.

Flint should be one of the best rising stars, especially looking at his Champ average, but he's not riding like it.

Not to put all the pressure on him, but Birmingham needed him to show that's he's the highest ranked RS for them to be competitive. But dropping points against strugglers Boughen & Joe T (maybe not struggling anymore) ends any chance Birmingham had of challenging for victories.

I wouldn't swap him for any unattached RS, as no-one would even score the one point he managed. Nor do I blame Brummies for picking him, he was the obvious choice.

But as a young ambitious rider, who wants to make it on the world stage, needs to step up.

Edited by szkocjasid
  • Like 3

53 minutes ago, arnieg said:

No he's correct the match you are referring to was on 30 July.

But Laguta rode (for Peterborough) against Leicester on 7 Sept scoring a max.

But it is also worth noting that Laguta'a away scores were stunningly unimpressive, including 4 at Leicester losing to Sedgmen and Allen

He looked totally uninterested in the meeting at Leicester.

For me...'Flint' is enigmatic!

One week he's beating Woffinden/C.Holder, next week he looks like its his first time on a bike!?

Not sure if his equipment is up to scratch, or his mental application isn't always there...so to speak?

His reactions are questionable....never seems to get out the start....you've either got it or you haven't!?

He was a revelation at the age of 15....but I cant see him hitting the heights of Brennan and co.

Hope to be proved wrong!

11 hours ago, Bagpuss said:

People go on about Brums strength but that scorecard is littered with riders who could and should be doing better.

They need to do better soon.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, eric i said:

So who do you change for Flint? he is one of the best rising stars, imo I wouldn't swop him for any other rider on the list.

I don't think he's any good away from Berwick imo, Been around for a few years in the RS scheme and he's never improved unlike other riders who have kicked on and taken the next step.

Is Luke Killeen on the RS list? 

Always hard to promote a team in a City where a notable percentage of the population will have no interest in speedway at all, and what you do have as a target audience is likely to be swayed towards other areas of sports or entertainment.

Only a promoter will deep pockets and prepared to spend a lot more than they might get back has any chance of making Birmingham viable imo, Brummies need to have a team that is outstanding on paper or has one or two top well know established World class riders.

9 minutes ago, TTT said:

I don't think he's any good away from Berwick imo, Been around for a few years in the RS scheme and he's never improved unlike other riders who have kicked on and taken the next step.

Is Luke Killeen on the RS list? 

he has had 5 retirements in 18 heats as well - this the equipment right?

I just checked the Brummies averages their top rider isn't even really theirs!! Scott Nicholls.

• Like 1

Birmingham need to sign Nicolai Klindt for Wiktor Lampart for starters after his release from Oxford..

This will then move S. Worrall back down to a second string berth.

Fair enough Klindt's not a world beater but he's better than Lampart and S. Worrall won't have to ride as a HL so that's 2 positives.

• Like 1

Lampart is neigh good for a team that needs every rider performing 

13 minutes ago, TTT said:

Birmingham need to sign Nicolai Klindt for Wiktor Lampart for starters after his release from Oxford..

This will then move S. Worrall back down to a second string berth.

Fair enough Klindt's not a world beater but he's better than Lampart and S. Worrall won't have to ride as a HL so that's 2 positives.

is Klindt available? Why has he left Oxford?

1 minute ago, therefused said:

is Klindt available? Why has he left Oxford?

Sacked for Riss.

Maybe Klindt and the TM didn't see eye to eye after he wasn't given an R/R ride at Birmingham???? That's just be taking a wild guess though as I don't see the logic in sacking him after 4 meetings when you've got an injured Kerr in the side.

It is easy to make knee jerk reactions - change X for X - following a disappointing result.  The likes of Pawlicki, Milik & Lampart are the obvious easy targets but surely at least give them the opportunity to attain a none assessed average.  Then the team has more options for changes moving forward.

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, TTT said:

Sacked for Riss.

Maybe Klindt and the TM didn't see eye to eye after he wasn't given an R/R ride at Birmingham???? That's just be taking a wild guess though as I don't see the logic in sacking him after 4 meetings when you've got an injured Kerr in the side.

At least some Teams take decisions when they have underperforming riders.Klindt can be very hit or miss IMO.

41 minutes ago, Col said:

It is easy to make knee jerk reactions - change X for X - following a disappointing result.  The likes of Pawlicki, Milik & Lampart are the obvious easy targets but surely at least give them the opportunity to attain a none assessed average.  Then the team has more options for changes moving forward.

It's tough but it has to be done.

Lampart will need at least a year to adapt and Brum don't have that time because the ship needs steading now.

Something like this 1-7 would dig Brum out of a hole and would see them putting some wins on the board.

1. Laguta or someone of a similar standard (Everyone has a price)

2. Brennan

3. Klindt

4. Worrall

5. Pawlicki

6. Z. Cook

7. Killeen (If on the RS list)

• Like 1

Yet, if you grant Milik, Pawlicki & Lampart enough to time to attain a none assessed average if replaced by a rider who will score more points, there is more of a chance later in the season when/if injuries occur that they would be viable options as replacements.  In the case of Lampart in particular even if this is for another premiership team, that is more much needed experience which could benefit the Brummies in the future.  I am assuming Milik & Pawlicki's registration is with other clubs, not that it counts for a great deal as their seems little to no loyalty in Speedway.