British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
StephenMiller

Birmingham v Leicester 15th April 2024

BIRMINGHAM host Leicester in a ROWE Motor Oil Premiership Midlands derby at Perry Barr on Monday (April 15, 7.30 pm).

The Curtis Sport Brummies are still searching for their first win since returning to the top-flight and are looking to respond to their home defeat to Oxford last time out.

Polish star Piotr Pawlicki will finally make his debut for the club whilst Scott Nicholls is back in Birmingham colours as a guest for Wiktor Lampart who is ruled out with a knee injury.

They face a Leicester side who have lost their last three fixtures in all competitions, but the Lions boast a solid looking side including former Australian national champions Max Fricke and Sam Masters.

Assistant team manager Chris Adams worked with a number of the visitors at Wolverhampton last season and knows the quality the opposition possess.

But with the Brummies sat on just one league point, he feels this is already a key clash for the Second City side.

“Every meeting is important, especially at home,” Adams said.

“But after a draw and losing last time against Oxford, I think we could definitely do with a win on Monday.

“We’ve been on the back foot a little bit without having Piotr, but having him in the side now can only be beneficial for us.

“It’s a shame Wiktor has got injured, it means we still haven’t got our full team together, but we’ve all seen what Scotty can do at Perry Barr and all the riders are desperate to get that first win.

“Leicester’s not going to be easy that’s for sure and they’re going to have a bee in their bonnet after another home loss on Thursday.

“So they’ll be coming just as keen for the win and it’s up to us to step up to the plate and produce the goods.”

Whilst tickets will be available on the gate, they are also available online for £23 adults, £20 concessions (with proof) and £10 students (with proof) - children under 16 are admitted free of charge!

Brand new racenight ‘VIP Gold Tickets’ are also available for £39 - this includes a raceday programme, a pre-meeting pits visit, a centre green experience as well as use of the executive boxes upstairs in the main grandstand.

All tickets can be purchased in advance by visiting: https://www.trybooking.com/uk/events/landing/58448?

This fixture will also be streamed via BrummiesTV.
You can register now and buy your meeting pass for £12.99 at: https://www.brummies.tv

For any supporters travelling from Wolverhampton, there will also be coaches available. More info at: https://www.trybooking.com/uk/events/landing/58507

BIRMINGHAM: Vaclav Milik, Tom Brennan, Steve Worrall, Scott Nicholls, Piotr Pawlicki, Zach Cook, Leon Flint.
LEICESTER: Max Fricke, Ryan Douglas, Luke Becker, Richard Lawson, Sam Masters, Drew Kemp, Joe Thompson.

With Nicholls & Pawlicki, plus a far stronger looking reserve pair, Birmingham really should win this one. If they can't, massive changes needed (if there's anyone out there).

With Scotty in for Lampart, this is possibly the strongest 1-7 Brum will field all season and I’m expecting them to break their duck against the Lions. I can only see the Lions reserve pairing woe continuing comparing with Cook & Flint for the home team. Really don’t get the point of Dickson’s riding order shuffle and I doubt that this will be a factor whatever the result is tomorrow. The weather forecast is putting me off making the trip to Perry Barr and I think I’ll opt for the live stream instead. What is Brum’s stream covering like?

Posted (edited)
17 minutes ago, Teromaafan said:

Really don’t get the point of Dickson’s riding order shuffle and I doubt that this will be a factor whatever the result is tomorrow.

I assume he's hoping for potentially 4 5-1's as opposed to only potentially 2 with Fricke and Douglas riding at 1 and 5. 

Edited by iainb
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)

Birmingham to bounce back with a win.

The reserves will see them over the line in a close one (47-43)

I don't understand Leicester's line-up at all, Why on earth would you put a struggling Sam Masters at No.5 to partner the already struggling reserves Kemp & Thompson?

Edited by TTT

4 hours ago, TTT said:

Birmingham to bounce back with a win.

The reserves will see them over the line in a close one (47-43)

I don't understand Leicester's line-up at all, Why on earth would you put a struggling Sam Masters at No.5 to partner the already struggling reserves Kemp & Thompson?

Yeah, I wondered that too

5 hours ago, iainb said:

I assume he's hoping for potentially 4 5-1's as opposed to only potentially 2 with Fricke and Douglas riding at 1 and 5. 

Potentially 3 x 5-1s from Fricke & Douglas ... 

7 hours ago, Roger Jacobs said:

Potentially 3 x 5-1s from Fricke & Douglas ... 

Heats 1, 5, 11 & 15

13 hours ago, szkocjasid said:

With Nicholls & Pawlicki, plus a far stronger looking reserve pair, Birmingham really should win this one. If they can't, massive changes needed (if there's anyone out there).

Lampart's GSA is 4.00. Nicholls is 8.38.   Hardly a like  for like.

Be surprised if this meeting beats the weather today?

If it does....then Leicester will win comfortably 38-52!

Not sure about this one. Both teams aren't very good but something got to give surely? Think Birmingham reserves will smash leicesters but leicesters top5 is better.  Last heat decider coming 

5 minutes ago, FishersGate said:

Not sure about this one. Both teams aren't very good but something got to give surely? Think Birmingham reserves will smash leicesters but leicesters top5 is better.  Last heat decider coming 

Totally agree with that!

Be interesting to see if anyone can beat Douglas? hes' unbelievably good around PB!

• Like 1

Douglas, Masters and Lawson are all usually excellent around Perry Barr so the Brummies will have their hands full tonight i think.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, StephenMiller said:

Douglas, Masters and Lawson are all usually excellent around Perry Barr so the Brummies will have their hands full tonight i think.

Becker was no slouch on his last visit, if I remember rightly?

Can't see many B'ham race wins!