British Speedway Forum
Col

Lions v Aces 18/04 PR1

Been holding it off going until the inevitable announcement of it being called off but going to take the risk of going now. Let's see if it pays off

Link to buy not working you can't sign up it keeps rejecting application ???

It's currently raining here. Car park is half empty thinking many folk aren't risking it. If this carries on then it's a disaster. If it stops then there geniuses 

1 hour ago, AceBelle said:

Link to buy not working you can't sign up it keeps rejecting application ???

Really, I’ve just bought it five minutes ago?

Excellent from Max there on lap 1. Quite why the sport doesn’t adopt one lap dash’s is beyond me as at most tracks nothing of note happens after the first lap. Be over quicker as well. 

On 4/17/2024 at 6:25 AM, AceBelle said:

Lions 43 Aces 47 

oops

Just now, Dornier said:

oops

oops bonus point :party:

2 hours ago, Teromaafan said:

Really, I’ve just bought it five minutes ago?

sorted !!

Fricke's finally turned up this season and the reserves have improved in the last 2 meetings.

Leicester finally clicking.

2 hours ago, ouch said:

Excellent from Max there on lap 1. Quite why the sport doesn’t adopt one lap dash’s is beyond me as at most tracks nothing of note happens after the first lap. Be over quicker as well. 

I have said previously their should be at least 3X1 Lap races during a meeting ie 1 for each rider nominated, at least give it a try just be something different to the norm.

4 hours ago, ouch said:

That made me laugh because my son, who is not interested in Speedway, has always said that. :D

poor effort from belle vue, ride like that in our other away matches probably wont make play offs.

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, ouch said:

I remember the one lap dash events in the old second halves in the late 80s / early 90s - I enjoyed them but last night at Owlerton I saw two cracking passes on the last lap in 2 seperate heats so lets bin off that idea! :party:

2 hours ago, DazS said:

poor effort from belle vue, ride like that in our other away matches probably wont make play offs.

They will as long as they keep up the 20+ home wins

• Like 1

Still waiting for the people demanding the meeting be postponed due to the weather to pop up & admit they were wrong / congratulate the track staff / promotion for ensuring the meeting went ahead.

• Like 4