British Speedway Forum
justathought

LIONS v BIRMINGHAM 25/4/24

LINE-UPS have been declared for this Thursday's (April 25) meeting at the Pidcock Motorcycles Arena, Beaumont Park as the Watling JCB Lions host Birmingham.

LEICESTER: Max Fricke, Richard Lawson, Sam Masters, Luke Becker, Ryan Douglas, Drew Kemp, Joe Thompson.
BIRMINGHAM: Vaclav Milik, Steve Worrall, Wiktor Lampart, Tom Brennan, Piotr Pawlicki, Zach Cook, Leon Flint.

47 minutes ago, justathought said:

LINE-UPS have been declared for this Thursday's (April 25) meeting at the Pidcock Motorcycles Arena, Beaumont Park as the Watling JCB Lions host Birmingham.

LEICESTER: Max Fricke, Richard Lawson, Sam Masters, Luke Becker, Ryan Douglas, Drew Kemp, Joe Thompson.
BIRMINGHAM: Vaclav Milik, Steve Worrall, Wiktor Lampart, Tom Brennan, Piotr Pawlicki, Zach Cook, Leon Flint.

Shouldn't that read 'roast' as opposed to 'host'? :D

• Haha 3

A few of the Brummies riders will be riding for their jobs on Thursday. They been an encouraging performance but Leicester will be too strong.

I am looking forward to seeing Milik, Lampart & Pawlicki round Leicester . Although it would not surprise me if one of them didn’t turn up.

Leicester will hit 60 imo.

I cant imagine Milik, Lampart or Pawlicki enjoying the Leicester circuit.

• Like 1

Let's hope that all of our Aussies make their flights to take on the Birmingham Banana Skins... I'm currently waiting outside the turnstiles to make sure I make it in time :D

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Lenny Lion said:

A few of the Brummies riders will be riding for their jobs on Thursday. They been an encouraging performance but Leicester will be too strong.

I am looking forward to seeing Milik, Lampart & Pawlicki round Leicester . Although it would not surprise me if one of them didn’t turn up.

There wont be any changes to the team, regardless of 'performances'!

1 hour ago, iainb said:

Let's hope that all of our Aussies make their flights to take on the Birmingham Banana Skins... I'm currently waiting outside the turnstiles to make sure I make it in time :D

They all will there not named Tungate :t:

5 hours ago, Lenny Lion said:

I don't think they are riding for their jobs, Birmingham have made no hints they are looking to strengthen up & the first rider available (Klindt) wasn't snapped up.

12 hours ago, justathought said:

Dickson has since switched Lawson and Becker’s riding positions. With all due respect to Brum, what is he expecting to learn from this tomorrow? I’m yet to be convinced that riding order is a factor in the outcome of a meeting result.

Posted (edited)
13 hours ago, justathought said:

Luke  Becker at 2

r lawson at 4

Edited by davieb1

Weather forecast has taken a turn for the worst and looks like rain in the afternoon. I still have faith knowing how well they managed the track last week  

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Teromaafan said:

Dickson has since switched Lawson and Becker’s riding positions. With all due respect to Brum, what is he expecting to learn from this tomorrow? I’m yet to be convinced that riding order is a factor in the outcome of a meeting result.

May be he's just trying a few things out? 

Riding against a 'weak' side is the time to do it!

3 hours ago, FishersGate said:

Weather forecast has taken a turn for the worst and looks like rain in the afternoon. I still have faith knowing how well they managed the track last week  

Depends where you look. YR forecast 0.4mm of rain this morning and 0.5mm of rain this afternoon and a dry evening. If this is the case you are still likely to see Andy and the water bowser this evening.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, W9 Lion said:

Depends where you look. YR forecast 0.4mm of rain this morning and 0.5mm of rain this afternoon and a dry evening. If this is the case you are still likely to see Andy and the water bowser this evening.

I'm keeping hope the rain stays away. Which app do you use ?