British Speedway Forum
StarBoy

King’s Lynn Stars v Leicester Lions - Thursday 9th May

Lynn shouldn’t have to ride without Patryk on a BRITISH race night when he’s 100% fit, it’s as simple as that! 

and the British Speedway Promoters Ltd obviously share the same opinion 

• Haha 5

6 minutes ago, SpeedwayFan91 said:

Lynn shouldn’t have to ride without Patryk on a BRITISH race night when he’s 100% fit, it’s as simple as that! 

So you postpone?

9 minutes ago, orion said:

One reserve missing so you can call off a meeting .. Surely saying there is no Electric would be better 

Already used that excuse 

54 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

I think the whole basis of the call off and Lynn's grievance is that the Polish meetings have been arranged at short notice and the Leicester meeting rearranged to an evening where Wojdylo was (and should be) available. All this talk of if he'd been injured and only two riders being missing (the press release states that the Museilak injury is irrelevant to their stance) doesn't really matter.

Not saying I agree with it as I'm trying to get my head round it still but having seen his performance last week and how important he is to the team at the moment you can see why Lynn don't want to run without him when he's not injured.

So KL are calling off a meeting because one rider is missing? 

15 minutes ago, SpeedwayFan91 said:

I agree it's a shame for Lynn, but is postponing the meeting really the most suitable action?

7 minutes ago, Racin Jason 72 said:

Already used that excuse 

Buster should use this

https://excuses.ai/

• Haha 1

I'm curious, would this have been allowed if the meeting was due to be on Eurosport?

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, iainb said:

So you postpone?

If there’s no resolution then yeah 

How can Buster be sanctioned when Phil Morris gave away Thursdays to the Poles last season. It's not a priority race night for UK leagues now. UK have Mondays only.

3 minutes ago, SpeedwayFan91 said:

If there’s no resolution then yeah 

But there's 3 clubs not riding on Thursday night to choose a guest from

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, iainb said:

But there's 3 clubs not riding on Thursday night to choose a guest from

Only if they agree to ride… No-one can force riders to take guest bookings, and I don’t want to watch a meeting at home with riders we could only get as a last resort (no disrespect to S Lambert etc - but I want to watch Patryk/a full strength Lynn side and not guests).

2 minutes ago, hardtobeat89 said:

Only if they agree to ride… No-one can force riders to take guest bookings, and I don’t want to watch a meeting at home with riders we could only get as a last resort (no disrespect to S Lambert etc - but I want to watch Patryk/a full strength Lynn side and not guests).

So if he gets injured or binned or any other reason except the one being used, that's you done?

Yup Violet Elizabeth Chapman will "thcream and thcream and thcream" until the BSPL roll over and give him what he wants.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, iainb said:

So if he gets injured or binned or any other reason except the one being used, that's you done?

Absolutely not - I’ve been going to KL speedway for over 30 years. Injuries are part & parcel of speedway which is unfortunate, but we would have been without two riders Thursday through no fault of our own, even without Tobi’s recent injury. 
I would just rather watch a full strength team than guests - my opinion. 

• Confused 1

What’s interesting is that 2 weeks ago, a member of this forum posted in the international section saying about the 4 quarter finals to be held on this date, before Kings Lynn’s last home match. It’s interesting the timing of this announcement after Woyldo scored a maximum in the last match. Would it be the same stance if he had scored 2 or 3?

It absolutely stinks to postpone a match because there is one rider missing, regardless of how much notice has or hasn’t been given.

• Like 7