British Speedway Forum
Arch Stanton

Sheffield vs Ipswich 13th May

3 minutes ago, DaveWayne said:

No crying here. Beaten by the better team on the night. Ipswich last year were7 a 2 man team away from home (3 if King performed), but have done a good job of filling the gaps this season and look to be the strongest all round team in the league. Sheffield have taken a gamble of being top heavy with 3 big heat leaders, but still need good back up from Pickering, Howarth and Edwards. The loss of Edwards cost us 3 or 4 points, and Howarth is currently underperforming. On a different night we could have won by 6-8 points but it wasn't to be. 

It's but's maybe's for all teams Aces comfortably beat Ipswich on aggregate?

30 minutes ago, AceBelle said:

It's but's maybe's for all teams Aces comfortably beat Ipswich on aggregate?

Comfortably ? 8 points and Doyle missed both matches. :rolleyes:

• Like 2

14 hours ago, szkocjasid said:

If true, I think that's a terrible ruling. Rather than commend a young Brit for trying to improve himself out of the RS berth, they put a block on him dropping down (if it's needed).

What if Sheffield dropped him & Howarth for a double change, means he'd likely have to sit out the rest of the campaign as there'd be clubs wanting to use him as RS, but not at number 6.

It's not true. Edwards and Gilkes are both Rising Stars:

https://britishspeedway.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2024/03/2024-Rising-Stars-iss2.pdf

1 hour ago, Roger Jacobs said:

It's not true. Edwards and Gilkes are both Rising Stars:

https://britishspeedway.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2024/03/2024-Rising-Stars-iss2.pdf

I don't have the knowledge of the rulebook that a lot of you have so bear with me, but the document is dated 5th March 2024... Was Sheffield's team ratified by the league before or after that date?  If after then there is every possibility that a new list needs to be issued (this may have been overlooked?) and perhaps Edwards won't be on it?  Genuinely don't know, so not stirring, just asking the question really... 

59 minutes ago, MP78 said:

I don't have the knowledge of the rulebook that a lot of you have so bear with me, but the document is dated 5th March 2024... Was Sheffield's team ratified by the league before or after that date?  If after then there is every possibility that a new list needs to be issued (this may have been overlooked?) and perhaps Edwards won't be on it?  Genuinely don't know, so not stirring, just asking the question really... 

Anders Rowe was on the RS list at the start of the 2021 season. Ipswich signed Drew Kemp as their RS and Anders as their other reserve. 

Anders guested for Sheffield in place of their RS Josh Bates and when I queried it stating Anders was no longer an RS, they said he was on the list at the start so he stays an RS. Anders average was 5.49 which dwarfed Bates’ figure (He finished on 2.67).  His paid 6 secured a narrow 2 point win for the Tigers. 

It could have been another of those Belle Vue/Bates things and Edwards might well no longer be an RS. 

https://britishspeedway.co.uk/2021-rising-stars/

https://britishspeedway.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2021/10/p21_issue_10.pdf

https://britishspeedway.co.uk/2021-rider-statistics/

https://britishspeedway.co.uk/21results/sheffield_01.07.21_res.pdf

On 5/14/2024 at 1:01 PM, Fromafar said:

Does a rider have say it live on TV though.

Tai does, and is known for it. He is outspoken. People seem to have an issue with that. 

21 hours ago, tyler42 said:

Have you seen Woofys scores in Poland? 4, 4, 2 He might be looking for a new team soon !!

Not in the UK he won’t be.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, DaveWayne said:

Comfortably ? 8 points and Doyle missed both matches. :rolleyes:

More than you managed :t:also they have been soundly beaten with doyle in the past have a look :t:

47 minutes ago, stevebrum said:

Tai does, and is known for it. He is outspoken. People seem to have an issue with that. 

Being outspoken means stating your opinions frankly and clearly, it doesn’t mean being too inarticulate to express yourself in normal language.

What Tai is known for is having his brains in his throttle hand.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, E I Addio said:

Being outspoken means stating your opinions frankly and clearly, it doesn’t mean being too inarticulate to express yourself in normal language.

What Tai is known for is having his brains in his throttle hand.

I thought the comparison between Tai's interview and Emil's interview was interesting - totally chalk and cheese.

Tai always seems to have a chip on his shoulder and be looking for ways to be controversial - never seems to engage well with the interviewer.

Compare that to Emil - both riders of similar standard but Emil much more interesting and easier to listen to.

• Like 7

4 hours ago, AceBelle said:

More than you managed :t:also they have been soundly beaten with doyle in the past have a look :t:

I mean scott guested at Ipswich for Doyle and scored 7, Doyle would for sure have comfortably scored 4 more than that from 5 rides at least at home so there’s your 8 point swing straight away, Charles weight scored 3+1 in his place at belle vue, think it’s fair to say even on a really bum night Doyle would score more than that so yes Doyle missing the two legs had a big say in the aggregate score

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, 89buttons said:

I mean scott guested at Ipswich for Doyle and scored 7, Doyle would for sure have comfortably scored 4 more than that from 5 rides at least at home so there’s your 8 point swing straight away, Charles weight scored 3+1 in his place at belle vue, think it’s fair to say even on a really bum night Doyle would score more than that so yes Doyle missing the two legs had a big say in the aggregate score

I wouldn’t bother. He’s hanging on to his “we beat Ipswich on aggregate” for dear life. He’s mentioned it numerous times on various threads. It’s as if he knows Belle Vue aren’t looking as strong this year and he’s feeling a bit insecure about their chances. I mean, they did lose at Birmingham!

• Like 4

1 hour ago, 89buttons said:

you have had doyle many times at NSS and been beaten easily !! even semi-final last year was down to last heat so ipswich at NSS are  poor !!

1 hour ago, 89buttons said:

57 minutes ago, Aries said:

I wouldn’t bother. He’s hanging on to his “we beat Ipswich on aggregate” for dear life. He’s mentioned it numerous times on various threads. It’s as if he knows Belle Vue aren’t looking as strong this year and he’s feeling a bit insecure about their chances. I mean, they did lose at Birmingham!

apart from a super heat away from NSS NO team has beaten us over 2 legs that's jobs done :t: until someone beats us over 2 legs no need to worry :t:

Well we will give you the title now and save all the bother of the meeting s lol