British Speedway Forum
STEPHEN 333

Grand Prix Challenge 2017

Another FIM scandal.It shouldn't be who is first to react,there should be a pecking oder and Finland should be right down near the bottom.Just look at this crazy development ......... :nono:

Edited by iris123
  • Like 1

Another FIM scandal.It shouldn't be who is first to react,there should be a pecking oder and Finland should be right down near the bottom.Just look at this crazy development ......... :nono:

Yes it's all gone downhill since you stopped seeing speedway on a weekly basis.

The actual problem is though, that any federation that loses a rider that's been booked to do one, cant find another. So you want us to not send one, and or a 15 rider meeting... :nono:

Abensberg line-up

#1 : Nicolas Vicentin [FMI]

#2: Martin Smolinski [DMS

]#3: Mike Jacopetti [AMF]

#4: Ludvig Lindgren [sVEMO]

#5: Peter Kildemand [DMU]

#6: TBC [AMA]

#7: Przemyslaw Pawlicki [PZM]

#8: Niklas Säyriö [sML]

#9: Matěj Kůs [ACCR]

#10: Hans Andersen [DMU]

#11: Oliver Berntzon [sVEMO]

#12: TBC [PZM]

#13: Daniel Gappmeier [AMF]

#14: TBC [MNZ]

#15: Erik Riss [DMSB]

#16: Mikel Patrik [ACCR]

Reserve:

#17: Valentin Grobauer [DMSB]

#18: Max Dilger [DMSB]

Edited by racers and royals

The GP Challenge is needed to give everyone a chance but I'm not sure how you can improve the 2017 line up. Maybe losing Lindback wouldn't be a huge loss, but even he is a real racer who can be exciting, so we'll be in danger of losing 3 good riders for 3 not so good who get places through the GP Challenge.

• Like 1

The GP Challenge is needed to give everyone a chance but I'm not sure how you can improve the 2017 line up. Maybe losing Lindback wouldn't be a huge loss, but even he is a real racer who can be exciting, so we'll be in danger of losing 3 good riders for 3 not so good who get places through the GP Challenge.

However last year we were asking for 3 good riders to replace the bottom end of the 2016 field. ;)

However last year we were asking for 3 good riders to replace the bottom end of the 2016 field. ;)

Exactly my point. The challenge is needed but this years Challenge will definitely weaken the 2018 GP series.

Exactly my point. The challenge is needed but this years Challenge will definitely weaken the 2018 GP series.

Maybe it`s time for the bottom 8 from the GP to meet the top 8 in the challenge series- replacing the challenge final.

Sadly the timing of the final GP round makes that proposal difficult.

Always a danger with that sort of idea that we could end up with a few Lubos Tomiceks or dare i say it,a Niklas Säyriö or two :P

It is though a problem if you do happen to get a great GP line up and you end up having to lose a couple of good riders.On the other hand you'll get people complaining that it is the same riders year after year

You'll never please everyone

• Like 1

TBF, the riders in the GP had I assume the option of going through the qualifying rounds. Id also say its fair to expect that the bottom 3 riders this tear (barring injury) wont have shown themselves to be in the top 15 riders in the world - alwys a hanful of riders who have a poor season, and others who have an unexpectedly good one.

TBF, the riders in the GP had I assume the option of going through the qualifying rounds. Id also say its fair to expect that the bottom 3 riders this tear (barring injury) wont have shown themselves to be in the top 15 riders in the world - alwys a hanful of riders who have a poor season, and others who have an unexpectedly good one.

Someone has to come bottom to 3rd bottom. Doesn't mean they are not in the best 15 riders. In an 8 man Olympic Final someone comes last despite being in the top 8 in the world.

Top 5 might pull a little way clear but I would expect 5th to 15th to be pretty close with two GP's to run.

Someone has to come bottom to 3rd bottom. Doesn't mean they are not in the best 15 riders. In an 8 man Olympic Final someone comes last despite being in the top 8 in the world.

Top 5 might pull a little way clear but I would expect 5th to 15th to be pretty close with two GP's to run.

Agree,and like many have said its hard to predict a race winner this year never mind the meeting winner.

Of those who still are in the qualifications for next season's SGP and does not currently ride in the SGP, I think Laguta and Milik are the only ones of real interest.

However Laguta isn't that good starter and the smaller temporary tracks probably won't suite him especially well.

understood, conceptually.

However, so far this season there is no way you can argue that Lindback is the 15th best rider in the world. He's been awful i the GPS, and only 20th in the Swedish averages. No way imo you can argue he is better this season than say Prem Pawlicki or Kenny Bjerre. You could argue the same about Holder.

• Like 1

I think it's time to change things up and have the riders placed 9-15 in the GP's be joined by the riders placed 1-7 in the GP challenge final to be joined by 2 wildcards and the meeting is to be on the last weekend of March ready for the new season, the meeting has to be on a completely neutral track and the top 7 riders get into the current seasons GP. Obviously you would stop any current GP rider from entering the GP challenge as they will be in the final if they do not make the top 8. What do you think guys.

With the final round being held in the end of October at Melbourne which pretty much is as far away you can get from Europe, I think it wouldn't work out with logistics and etc.

Then I think some riders like Holder would normally stay in Australia and they would then be forced to go back to Europe and then back to Australia again.

That would be a waste of money and also very environment unfriendly with riders + their equipment flying back and forth between Europe and Australia,