Jump to content
British Speedway Forum

Ghostwalker

Members
  • Posts

    10,522
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    4

Everything posted by Ghostwalker

  1. I think most riders who rides in the UK as well as in Sweden/Denmark/Poland have different sets of bikes/engines/equipment for UK and the other countries since it is very difficult to get your equipment from a meeting in the UK on a Monday evening to i.e. Sweden less then 24 hours later (the same for Poland-UK Sunday->Monday).
  2. Likely the company that bought the rights are asking for too much money.
  3. Of course it is not all about getting the set up right, a rider still needs to have skill to properly handle the bike, finding the right riding line, when to go for it, when to not go for it and etc. However regarding the setup, a good rider makes sure that he have a good setup, he knows/feels what works/ what doesn't work and how to communicate this to the mechanists. Gemini, I think that Nicki Pedersen is a strong contender to the "most pit crew change" title.
  4. Very inconsiten referee. Rospiggarna jumps start several time but no action from the referee, Indianerna does it once and it gets called back.
  5. I updated it a little. For Örebro -Norrtälje I would recommend to book via sj.se (link in updated post) since you likely will get all stages on the same ticket despite different operators.
  6. Sure but no direct train/bus. First night stay in Örebro then see this links on howto get to/from the track: http://reseplanerare.resrobot.se/bin/help.exe/sn?L=vs_resrobot&tpl=webapp!AA=1@O=%C3%96rebro%20Centralstation@X=15211348@Y=59278942@U=80@L=740000133@B=1@V=74.9,@p=1471924253@!BA=1@O=Husark%C3%A4llan%20(Kumla%20kn)@X=15159202@Y=59087939@U=80@L=740049657@B=1@V=74.9,@p=1471924253@!C20160912!Sschedule!T132400 http://reseplanerare.resrobot.se/bin/help.exe/sn?L=vs_resrobot&tpl=webapp!AA=1@O=Husark%C3%A4llan%20(Kumla%20kn)@X=15159202@Y=59087939@U=80@L=740049657@B=1@V=74.9,@p=1471924253@!BA=1@O=%C3%96rebro%20Centralstation@X=15211348@Y=59278942@U=80@L=740000133@B=1@V=74.9,@p=1471924253@!C20160912!Sschedule!T202800 Hallstavik is trickier as I don't think there is any accommodation in Hallstavik so you likely have to stay in Norrtälje. Örebro-Norrtälje. http://reseplanerare.resrobot.se/bin/help.exe/sn?L=vs_resrobot&tpl=webapp!AA=1@O=%C3%96rebro%20Centralstation@X=15211348@Y=59278942@U=80@L=740000133@B=1@V=74.9,@p=1471924253@!BA=1@O=Norrt%C3%A4lje%20busstation@X=18699235@Y=59759461@U=80@L=740000665@B=1@V=74.9,@p=1471924253@!C20160913!Sschedule!T103000 https://www.sj.se/#/tidtabell/%25C3%2596rebro%2520C/Norrt%25C3%25A4lje%2520busstation/enkel/avgang/20160913-1100/avgang/20160913-2100/VU///0// To Hallstavik from Norrtälje: http://reseplanerare.resrobot.se/bin/help.exe/sn?L=vs_resrobot&tpl=webapp!AA=1@O=Norrt%C3%A4lje%20busstation@X=18699235@Y=59759461@U=80@L=740000665@B=1@V=74.9,@p=1471924253@!BA=1@O=Hallstavik%20station%20(Norrt%C3%A4lje%20kn)@X=18594160@Y=60050891@U=80@L=740000662@B=1@V=74.9,@p=1471924253@!C20160912!Sschedule!T163000 From Hallstavik to Norrtälje: http://reseplanerare.resrobot.se/bin/help.exe/sn?L=vs_resrobot&tpl=webapp!AA=1@O=Hallstavik%20station%20(Norrt%C3%A4lje%20kn)@X=18594160@Y=60050891@U=80@L=740000662@B=1@V=74.9,@p=1471924253@!BA=1@O=Norrt%C3%A4lje%20busstation@X=18699235@Y=59759461@U=80@L=740000665@B=1@V=74.9,@p=1471924253@!C20160912!Sschedule!T203000 Last bus is 21.55 so there aren't much room for delays.
  7. Now we recognize the Sannahed track. Great riding by Iversen and Zengota. Works for me.
  8. Round 5 and 6. http://www.speedway-forum.co.uk/forums/index.php?showtopic=82431&p=2831167 Kumla on Monday (Indianerna-Piraterna) and Hallstavik on Tuesday (Rospiggarna-Dackarna) should be doable by car. Distance is 260km which is about 3-3,5 hours. https://www.google.com/maps/dir/59.0885008,15.1590194/60.0565013,18.6110834/@60.0559047,18.6114177,259m/data=!3m1!1e3
  9. Track have been a bit too grippy this season and in the first two heats of this meeting. Apparently Bogdanovs missed the ferry and have had to loan bikes and equipment from Ludvig Lindgren. well stream died. Did you push any red "do not press this button" buttons Alan?
  10. Hampel have decided to withdraw from the remaining GPs this season. http://www.speedwaynyheter.se/2016/08/22/sgp-hampel-utgar-resten-av-sasongen-lindgren-ersatter/ http://speedwaygp.com/news/article/5149/hampel-withdraws-from-sgp-2016
  11. https://mobile.twitter.com/SkySuchet/status/767801406195658754
  12. Tonight's result from Denmark, http://www.speedwaynyheter.se/2016/08/22/228-dagens-resultat-metal-speedway-league/
  13. Yes I told you so. Björn Oldéen (studio anchor at Cmore speedway broadcasts) mentioned it on twitter last week.
  14. I don't either but I sent an email to SVT who broadcasted it live the last time the it was held in Sweden.
  15. That is correct.Krystian Pieszczek, Bartosz Zmarzlik and Paweł Przedpełski are too old next season. However I am sure Poland have a bunch of new talented riders waiting in the sideline. Kacper Woryna is one (20 years old), Smektala is only 18, Daniel Kaczmarek is 19. So I would think that Poland will have a good team next year as well.
  16. It is called transcription and is used when transcribing names/words between different alphabets. You don't translate "by letter" but by the way the name sounds. Like Emil S, in English it is Emil Sayfutdinov but in Swedish his name is spelled Emil Sajfutdinov. It is the same with the Laguta brothers. In English Artem and Grigory, in Swedish Artiom and Grigorij.
  17. Poland won. https://mobile.twitter.com/VargarnaSW/status/767040248182341634 The podium. https://www.instagram.com/p/BJVp9VegSF6/
  18. Results after 12 heats. https://m.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=696825297137894 Kenny Wennerstam crashed in heat 10 and was taken to hospital by ambulance.
  19. I don't know but I think the Swedish league is on an one season at the time contract. No idea about ESP and the SBPC/SEC but Eurosport is one of the main sponsors since the concept includes Esp, so I think ESP will show it for another few years.
  20. Today's result: Munkebo 49 Holstebro 34 http://www.speedwaynyheter.se/2016/08/19/198-dagens-resultat-danmark/ http://www.fyens.dk/sport/Munkebo-Speedway-i-storsejr-over-Holstebro/artikel/3051471
  21. To be honest, Andreas Jonsson, Freddie Lindgren and Antonio Lindbäck all have quitted the Swedish national team at least once each.
  22. T-Rick's comments on the today's status of Swedish speedway: http://www.svt.se/sport/artikel/tony-1 Smederna are the only team that have managed to increase the flow of kids into the sport.
  23. I would choose, Indianerna-Rospiggarna for R1, Piraterna-Dackarna for R2, Dackarna-Indianerna for R3. Then it sort of depends on which meetings are the most interesting ones. It will be Indianerna - Rospiggarna on Tuesday.
  24. Per Jonsson's son Dennis crashed heavily earlier this summer where he suffered a broken neck and a knee injury. His rehabilitation is progressing but despite that he still doesn't know when/if he can ride a bike again so he have decided to end his speedway career. Sad to hear that but a very sensible decision, especially if you have in mind what happened to his father Per. http://www.masarna.nu/2016/08/19/dennis-jonsson-avslutar-karriaren/
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Privacy Policy