Dave Jones
Members-
Posts
1,765 -
Joined
-
Last visited
-
Days Won
12
Everything posted by Dave Jones
-
I realise this is all irrelevant now given the latest goings on, but what happened to the team info you were " given in confidence"?
-
No idea to be honest, but if all this speculation regarding fixtures and fittings being removed is accurate, then I doubt we will need to worry about that.
-
Don't people in speedway take any legal advice before signing binding contracts these days?
-
I see , so you were really just guessing then?
-
But you were telling us only a few weeks ago "how the budget would be much bigger now that Horton had the lease of the stadium".
-
As Mr Horton went to the AGM fighting for more cost cutting, it was always unlikely that he would be spending big on his team building..
-
Do you mean a bit like the reverse situation last season? Bjarne almost ready to sign up for the bees until Fraud steps in.( Not that it would have helped the bees if he had signed up .) Can't believe Horton has offered more cash for Bjerre anyhow.
-
Some of us made that decision a while back.
-
Agreed, it looks a very decent side. My only concern is that if they get too good, too quickly, certain members of the establishment might see them as a threat, and we know what happens then.
-
The Premiership Cake Shop
Dave Jones replied to BurntFaceMan's topic in SGB Premiership Speedway League
I think the reason that the cake is so poor now is due to the fact that the producers just don't have enough dough. -
If it's only a rumour what's with the big farewell?
-
I once had a very enjoyable chat with Jim Lynch whilst on the train back to Prague after a Czech Golden Helmet meeting a few years ago. He came over as a very decent, intelligent guy, who could listen as well as talk. He reminds me of the sort of person we always used to have at Brandon , someone with integrity that presents the right image. He will be a massive improvement on the rubbish that has been used in the last few seasons.
-
Perhaps he doesn't get "sucked in" as easily as some might.
-
A step in the right direction I think. Jim Lynch will present a much better image for the bees, he will have the respect of his riders I would imagine, and when interviewed on tv he will at least be able to answer questions in a sensible manner. I doubt we will see him or the riders pulling stupid faces in the background whilst on tv either.
-
And, by the sound of things , unpaid.
-
I think that just proves how far this sport has sunk. We have a promotion cast aside for gross mismanagement, and you want to congratulate another promoter who was blatantly ripping off his customers because his crime wasn't quite so bad. As long as people continue to accept what he is doing without protest he will just carry on in exactly the same old way.
-
Fair play to you. I can't bring myself to give the guy any more of my cash, as much as enjoy the sport.
-
Very easy to say, but I wonder how many of the" all in " season ticket holders will support Horton by " putting their money up front again " after being ripped off this year?
-
More likely that it's a sign of the quality of the employer.
-
If applied, that would empty the room very quickly I would imagine.
-
Sounds as though they must have been using the Mick Horton manual on " How to show employees how much their efforts are valued".
-
During my working life I attended many functions and conventions both with and on behalf of my employers. My wife was always included , and never once was I asked to pay for her to attend. But then again I've never worked for Mick Horton.
-
Should fit in well in Bandit Country.
-
They are just getting into practice for the time when they are the only team left in the EL.. They will need a few alternative topics to keep the EL section of the forum busy.
-
We did, and we are.