Dave Jones
Members-
Posts
1,765 -
Joined
-
Last visited
-
Days Won
12
Everything posted by Dave Jones
-
Did it also say that any previous experience in speedway management would be a distinct disadvantage ?
-
Wow !! 5k is that supposed to impress? If it was really important to me I might just find your posts re renting v buying .I recall you were your usual self ,decrying anyone who supported buying , and how you would always be a renter where you could get your new kitchen and bathroom every few years at the landlords expense and that you would be better off than a house buyer. I would just add that like many others, I have bought and paid for my home, paid for my own kitchen & bathroom upgrades, and I still don't need your 5k.
-
I thought he might dress up in order to" tone things down" a little.
-
So Havvy has other opportunities. I wonder if it's got anything to do with these guys that are dressing up in funny clothes and going round towns scaring folk.
-
pedantic !!
-
You are right , he won't be owing money to Sandhu next season However if/when he starts pulling the same strokes with the new stadium owners they might not be so considerate.
-
That to me seems to be the situation. No more speedway this year unless the dispute is resolved? Whatever that might be.
-
Coventry Vs Kings Lynn 16/09/2016
Dave Jones replied to SCB's topic in SGB Premiership Speedway League
Very . Until he was shafted by your promoter ( twice). -
Coventry Vs Kings Lynn 16/09/2016
Dave Jones replied to SCB's topic in SGB Premiership Speedway League
It's just that the bees have fallen so far so quickly they seem to be heading towards oblivion faster than most right now, don't you think? -
Coventry Vs Kings Lynn 16/09/2016
Dave Jones replied to SCB's topic in SGB Premiership Speedway League
Strewth ,,,, that's pushing it a bit too far for me. -
Coventry Vs Kings Lynn 16/09/2016
Dave Jones replied to SCB's topic in SGB Premiership Speedway League
Same here, we have friends in different parts of the country that we have met through speedway. We still see them and in some cases go on holiday breaks with them too. We can always have a chat and recall " the good times".. It's very sad to see what has happened to the bees in the last few years, particularly when you consider what a very proud club it once was. -
Coventry Vs Kings Lynn 16/09/2016
Dave Jones replied to SCB's topic in SGB Premiership Speedway League
Much the same here. I always felt that things would deteriorate under this promotion, I have tried very hard to carry on attending but to be honest I have become so disillusioned with the way the club is managed I refuse to give them my money. I haven't been to Brandon at all this year and I often think about the times when my social life revolved around my speedway. How times have changed. -
Coventry Vs Kings Lynn 16/09/2016
Dave Jones replied to SCB's topic in SGB Premiership Speedway League
Absolutely smack on ! Some fans had this sussed from day one, many are now realising it , a few are still in denial. -
Bomber To Leave Coventry
Dave Jones replied to Perton Wolf's topic in SGB Premiership Speedway League
I think they call that "trying his best to earn a living" Most people do that. -
Depends which decline we are discussing , whilst I agree with your comment the post I replied to was about the standards shown by club officials. There were no problems in that area prior to Mick Horton taking over .
-
Very true, and all so predictable. The decline started the minute Horton took charge. The club had a very decent management team in Colin Pratt & Rosco. Rosco was gone in no time and Colin Pratt was treated in a diabolical manner before he too departed, their replacements are not in the same league .
-
Wolves V Coventry 12/09.
Dave Jones replied to Tommy Sweetman's topic in SGB Premiership Speedway League
Professionalism, begins at the top, and then is filtered down the line. You need to be looking a bit higher up the chain for a starting point. -
Through necessity I would imagine.
-
Yes we know, "the dark forces working together". It's been that way for quite a while now.
-
Whoosh and Whoosh.
-
Heard that MF has been chasing up the maintainence guy at Wimborne Rd to get the hot water shut off tap lubricated and in good working order, just in case it's needed later on in the season.
-
Coventry Bees V Leicester Lions 5/8/2016
Dave Jones replied to Woz01's topic in SGB Premiership Speedway League
I always think folk who use this expression do so when they can't get the upper hand. Anyhow I agree we should finish here.