Jump to content
British Speedway Forum

norbold

Members
  • Posts

    11,783
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    32

Everything posted by norbold

  1. While you're at it, you could also ask the over 3,000,000 slaves England/Britain transported in the 17th/18th centuries. Every country has its past!
  2. Will Robert Lambert a) Win BBC Sports personality of the year b) Not even get a mention in the Sports Review of the Year? No prizes are on offer…
  3. 91 years ago today. 😪
  4. I know that in the great scheme of things it doesn't matter in the least, but being a pedant, I do like to get things right. It was JoeW436 who said, "Would love to see the Poles get beat in their own house" (see above) as I had no particular desire to see that.
  5. I'm surprised, given the current situation with speedway, that the Cup is not decided with a final heat for the top four teams. Winner wins the cup.
  6. Wouldn't matter, seeing as Johnnie Hoskins never promoted at High Beech.
  7. Well, the last time I looked you could still see the outline of the High Beech track, so maybe. Mind you, I think you may have to chop down a few trees first....
  8. I did actually write the book. Ken is shown as co-author because a) it was his idea to write the book b) he provided a number of the illustrations, c) he had the contacts with former riders, promoters etc. who he put me in touch with and d) he gave me some first hand information on the later years . But I actually wrote the book.
  9. It's just painful listening to Kelvin trying to work out the finalists.
  10. Lambert must have thought he was in the Grand Prix there with that line up…
  11. Thank you. I have done some checking and yes, you are right, that was the last time. Over 40 years ago!
  12. Out of interest, does anyone know the last time a speedway meeting was broadcast live on terrestrial tv?
  13. Don't know about the others, but Hackney greyhounds ran on Thursday and Saturday nights, so there was no problem with "Make it a Date, Friday at Eight" for speedway.
  14. Where would we all be without rumours?
  15. Ooops, that's who I meant. It's my age....
  16. All change for Ipswich then: 1. Richard Lawson 2. Scott Nicholls 3. Danny King 4. Tom Brennan 5. Tobiasz Musielak 6. Kevin Juhl Pedersen 7. Jason Edwards
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Privacy Policy