Jump to content
British Speedway Forum

CheCazzo

Members
  • Posts

    375
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by CheCazzo

  1. And maybe the fact a lot of the keyboard warriors on here wouldn't say most of the nasty stuff to his face gives a true indication to their characters? I am in no way defending the actions and crimes of Mr Garrity. They were truly deplorable and he deserved what he got. He does deserve another go though if he has finally grown up and got his sh*t together. I can only go by the young Jason I knew when I was involved at Coventry. He could be a very naughty boy when it suited him but he was also a really nice kid as well with a cracking sense of humour and was brilliant with the fans especially pre meeting in the pits. Unfortunately as usually happens in Speedway he was quickly hyped up and became surrounded with yes men and hangers on and that did go to his head. Inside Jason there is that nice kid. Hopefully as he matures he will atone his sins, give back to society and surround himself with the right people.
  2. I doubt any of you who are calling Garrity would have the b"llocks to say it to his face. You all hide behind your keyboards. He's been a very naughty boy more than once and has done his time. As I've said before you can call him all you want but as soon as he signs for your team and bangs in the points he'll be your hero all of a sudden.
  3. I would guess before the 2nd leg
  4. I was beginning to think maybe I was reading too much into the comments I have seen when I was reading you reply until I got to the end and you then start having a pop at me. You lot just can't help yourselves can you.
  5. I've seen some of the abuse the owner of the site has been receiving on social media from "speedway fans". From an outsiders point of view it doesn't portray those fans in a very positive light and the local council would be perfectly entitled to say "on your bike" (no pun intended). I've looked at this from both sides. You can't force the stadium owner to reinstate the speedway if it won't make them any money just because some nostalgic fanatics still long for the good old days of Uncle Len. I actually thing an extension of the go-karting facilities or all-weather football pitches will bring far more benefits for the community and local economy than an old niche sport will ever do.
  6. Well at least you'll see a different 7 riders at the next meeting rather than the same away 7 you saw the other week in a Kent race jacket now wearing a Cradley one.
  7. Typical snowflake response. But if you can't offer any "nasty" constructive feedback then how can you improve on anything? My point is that I have been looking at these NORA meeting line ups for a while and it just seems to be the same non-contracted riders in every meeting. One week it will be a Rye House race jacket, the next it will be a Cradley. If you want to pay to watch that then fine that's your choice.
  8. Exactly. They just want to do their job and get out of there. And lets look at it from their point of view, If you were doing some work to your car would you want a bunch of wulfsport jacket wearing mongs standing around you staring at something most know f*** all about? I remember some promotions brought in the interactive track walk where they could follow the riders around. Why? I'd say most don't really care or know about what the riders are looking for but hey ho! Nigel and Janet get to feel important because they walked the track with the riders.
  9. Paddy Power, what are the odds on Tai Woffinden making a comeback before the years out?
  10. One forum on the internet is enough. Keep all the whinging muppets in one place, don't spread them out
  11. £15 to see the same bunch of riders you will see in the same style of meetings you'll see at Iwade and IOW. Nah you're ok thanks. If I want to watch repeats I'll stick to BBC2
  12. I'll be honest with you, the riders don't really care for it. Sure you'll get a couple who will smile for selfies and go through the motions but only because the promoters have told them to. In fact most promotors see it as an inconvenience but see it as a necessity to keep what paying punters they have happy. And don't even get started of the snarling pit marshals. You lowly creatures of annoyance are on his sacred patch. This is his kingdom and if you outstay your welcome he will be snapping at your heels like an angry jack russell.
  13. The same names for most NORA meetings. From what I have observed it's mostly the same core of riders wearing a different race jacket depending on the meeting. But if that keeps the wulfsport jacket brigade happy and they are happy to pay the admission to see it then so be it. I would imagine though that these would be the same band that complain about riders doubling up in the main leagues.
  14. And maybe she has a very valid point.
  15. 1. "f*** me! This is boring" - Newcomer after only 3 heats and 1 hour into the meeting. 2. "We're not getting value for money" - Disgruntled regular who leaves after heat 14 even though there is a junior second half as well and then has a whinge about promoters not doing enough for youngster on the forum when they get home. 3. "It's all fixed for Poole to win everything" - Everyone else apart from Poole Fans 4. "Come on' Bomber!" - Most speedway fans cheering on a popular British rider as he's usually racing for their team. 5. "Hit Him" - most speedway fans whenever any riders/officials have handbags next to the pit gate. Doesn't matter who they are (hey they could be team mates for all we care) but someone's having a scrap!!
  16. No longer good enough and probably no longer getting the attention he craves. His cheerleaders on here will be heartbroken.
  17. Speedway followers are a strange tribal bunch. The intellectually limited amongst them will be the ones shouting "hang him" but as soon as Garrity signs for their team and starts banging in the points he'll be the hero of the terraces. What he has done in the past is truly awful and there is no defending him for that. Does he deserve one last chance? Lets see.
  18. I think the best thing to do for now is just to ignore this sad act. It will take time but if we don't react and take the bait he will hopefully get bored and realise nobody is giving him any attention. In the event that there are no moderators to remove him I don't know what else we can do.
  19. I think I know who you are on about. It was a few years after I packed it in. Without naming he's the chap who runs the British development. He has no time for the MDL probably because it treads on his toes and I remember the people who now run the MDL had to really fight to keep it going. The ineligible rider thing was stupid. It was put in place when riders who had raced in over 50 NL league meetings automatically became ineligible to rider MDL. However there was a loophole that allowed them to ride but there points would not count to the overall score. However it was a useful tool at times when there were rider shortages and also when it come to putting a minimum side of three together. As I said it was stupid looking back and I put my hand up to that but in some exceptional circumstances necessary. You are correct in saying the MDL were a friendly bunch. They genuinely were but 5% should never have been allowed to have been involved with it. They cared more about personal ego's and trophy's over rider development and sadly they ruined it for the others who ran the genuine ghost/legacy teams.
  20. It's a tricky one but I do get why the BSPL lost patience and pulled the plug on them. Back when the MDL started in 2011/12 we accepted a few "nomadic teams" into the fold. It was good to begin with as it obviously provided a platform for younger riders to get more track time and it also provided a platform the those who were genuinely wanted to bring the sport back to places like Long Eaton for example. Some of the "ghost teams" were run by enthusiasts who above all wanted to put youth development first. Unfortunately other "ghost teams" were run by individuals who only cared about trophy's and winning at all costs to put it politely. These said individuals were not the most savoury of people either. The abuse we received from them was shocking. They were using older former NL riders to win meeting which although was within the rules if they didn't have a NL team place was completely against the ethos of the league. They were essentially playing fantasy speedway without having to pay the promotional costs and fees. This of course ruined it for the others. I think when Cradley packed in it gave the BSPL the perfect excuse to put a ban on nomad teams.
  21. So now we have someone using multiple account and using those accounts to have a public conversation with themself!! Jesus, I know some speedway followers have a reputation of being a bit special but this chap takes it to another level.
  22. He's back again folks. This time as Whitelinehugger.
  23. Hello Tapewrecker, Youonlyhave2minutes, etc,etc. Back again are we? You really do need to have that attention deficiency looked into old lad.
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Privacy Policy