Noelinho
Members-
Posts
1,874 -
Joined
-
Last visited
-
Days Won
2
Everything posted by Noelinho
-
Glasgow Tigers 2027
Noelinho replied to TheWellBehavedWorrall's topic in SGB Championship League Speedway
Which perhaps tells you that Glasgow don't pay the megabucks some people think they do - otherwise they'd be taking it! -
Lambert has more sprint points than anyone else this season. Kurtz also has more than Zmarzlik.
-
Odd placings go in LCQ1. Even placings go in LCQ2.
-
Glasgow Tigers 2027
Noelinho replied to TheWellBehavedWorrall's topic in SGB Championship League Speedway
Sounds like you’re basically sacking the whole team, so who do you want? -
I think Mario was signed purely off the back of that one good meeting in SoN2.
-
Perhaps if Mario had shown an interest in practicing around Ashfield, he’d have found he had an home advantage. It’s total nonsense to say there’s no home advantage for Glasgow riders, it’s just an excuse when we lose. Most of the clubs that apparently have a home advantage get beaten at home more than Glasgow.
-
If it’s 2 home + 2 away, yes. If it’s the same as this year, probably not.
-
Even as a season ticket holder, I have missed meetings this season because racing has been so sporadic I just can’t justify keeping Fridays clear when there are so few meetings to go to. The sign outside Ashfield says “every Friday March-October”. This season, we’ve only had enough meetings for every second Friday, April-August.
-
It’s not just rider availability. Track staff, first aiders, and other volunteers in stadiums also take holidays. If you don’t have enough of those around, you also can’t put on a meeting.
-
Glasgow Tigers Vs Poole Pirates 21st August
Noelinho replied to Bitza's topic in SGB Championship League Speedway
Prediction: GLA 45-45 POO -
Well Leon helped dump Glasgow out of the BSN guesting for Berwick 😄
-
British final 15th August
Noelinho replied to Neila's topic in Speedway Testimonials & Individual and Shared Events
As long as there are two main leagues, rising stars should be in the Championship. Progression to the Premiership should be on merit vs the other options. -
British final 15th August
Noelinho replied to Neila's topic in Speedway Testimonials & Individual and Shared Events
I suspect ITV were paid to show it, but regardless we want to get to the point where they want to show it. It may not have been the most exciting meeting, but that’s also how speedway goes sometimes, so for anyone thinking that’s an issue, I think it’s a red herring. You get boring matches in football, rugby, cricket… boring motor races, and millions watch people smack a ball slowly around a massive garden with sand dunes 😄 I think it was decent enough, although it did look like Olly Allen had been kidnapped at times. -
British final 15th August
Noelinho replied to Neila's topic in Speedway Testimonials & Individual and Shared Events
Luke Littler moved the PDC World Championship viewing figures to nearly five million, but they started at about two million. When Sky showed Elite league speedway, viewing figures were about 80,000. I’ve no idea what viewing figures would be now for BSN/SGP, but I’d suggest it’s likely an underwhelming fraction. Darts had already been on the up for years with a bit of a cult audience for some events. Speedway in this country is (sadly) still trying to prevent its own death. -
Jody Scott is always great to watch. I enjoyed seeing him tonight and was very pleased to see him win heat one. He was the only away rider to knock a point off Bomber tonight and he did it by passing him twice. With so much attention on Cairns and Rushen, I really don’t think he gets the praise he’s due.
-
You didn't give a full team yourself, so don't get all pissy with my response unless you're going to do that. Four riders isn't a team, I was just asking what you'd do to fill the remaining spots. Here's a team you can make with the four riders you want next year. All based on current rolling averages. I'm not really sure it fixes the issue of struggling for points at 2/6/7, which has been a common complaint of Glasgow fans over the last few years.
-
It’s a good job you don’t want the other three, as you’re on 30.54 without them. With them, you’re probably 4 points over the limit. Are you happy to carry three two-pointers?
-
British final 15th August
Noelinho replied to Neila's topic in Speedway Testimonials & Individual and Shared Events
But is it really a national stadium outside of Belle Vue?! -
British final 15th August
Noelinho replied to Neila's topic in Speedway Testimonials & Individual and Shared Events
Just move it around different clubs each year. Btw, the centre of the Great Britain is north of Manchester so it’s more central there than it would be in the Midlands! -
Quicker, I think.
-
Glasgow were allowed to replace Howarth. They just weren’t able to make the changes they wanted.
-
No. Mario is 4.00. Reid is 3.87.
-
It seems it’s break. If next season is the exact same as this season I’m not sure if I can be bothered. Its a shame as some teams are being held back by others who would rather slowly kill everything than let teams who want to make something of the sport just get on with it.