Jump to content
British Speedway Forum

Crump99

Members
  • Posts

    6,021
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    18

Everything posted by Crump99

  1. I didn't know that this was on so recorded the 3am version and skimmed through it in 10 mins last night. Jeez, that league is so guff these days. I'm no fan of Panthers being in the PL but if that's progress then I'll stick.
  2. And you're reasoning is? I'd give that keyboard back to Plummer it's got the Supremo virus and it'll end up destoying your system: bugger to get rid of
  3. Neither could I. It often helps to post what you're on about. Such as: I read this on Robert's FB "???" And then make your point.
  4. Nothing is confirmed and everyone is moving on at pace to keep it like that. It's tomorrows chip paper and "From what I have been told by 3 different people including some very close to Peterborough promotion." is as close as we're going to get unless someone really breaks rank, which is unlikely.
  5. There's nothing to stop Lambert or posse putting their side if they feel that the Panthers management collective are economical with the facts to make themselves look good. Don't blame the so called keyboard warriors (of which you are one btw) for posting based on what they believe the situation is. Panthers management have on several occasions in the past issued their own statement when the brown stuff has been flying in the wrong direction. It's not rocket science and Lambert or his representative could do the same if they were really that bothered. And the source for that statement is?
  6. Well it's got to be better than what he has now so that's progress, if true.
  7. You've lost me? Hopefully Allen thinks of his health.
  8. I'll tread carefully here as I'm slightly suspicious of the post However, it is a very good point and I did think the same sort of thing. I don't somehow see Bratters getting on with the Lambert posse (it'd end in tears, and not his), and he's more cocoa and slippers these days: but someone doing for Lambert what Bratters did for Andersen is just what he seems to need at this time.
  9. You have that data at hand do you? Excellent. Put the list up then, it'd make interesting reading. That also indicates that you think you know what the undisclosed problem is, if it isn't money. So do tell. I'm sure that we'd be interested in that as well. I saw that and found it very strange. I would have thought that he'd be raking it in or have sponsors falling over themselves to help in such circumstances. It's all new to him though and he is only young. I'm sure that he'll shake off those around pdq and get more competent support in career terms.
  10. By whom? That's rather a strong accusation not to source. Don't understand how he can demand more anyway? Surely it's a season long contract at the same pay rates? If that wasn't and the play-offs were additional and open to discussion, then what idiot agreed to that? My guess would be that availability and unreliability, especially at the busier business end, were more of an issue. My sources tell me that they have just finished reading Aidy Ward's (Raheem Sterling's agent for those who don't know) book on how to win friends and influence people.
  11. Wouldn't have thought so, just understandable wishful thinking on their part.
  12. Who's rushing riders back? Broken bones are usually 6 weeks recovery. It was the riders who set the Aug 21 target, which seemed unrealistic in both cases although S.Lambert might have a slight chance, but who knows.
  13. I'd have Rathbone & Bratley as caretakers for another season when hopefully the unfortunate 2 year venture to Dorset has ended and the reinvigorated Frost and Mahoney (as Ford said they should be) come back with the right structure already in place at the EoES this time. What will be left of British Speedway after another year though is anyone's guess?
  14. Is this a 5 minute argument or the full half hour
  15. My preference is for the former and a new owner (if Frost and Mahoney really have given up on finishing what they started) who has shedloads & can similarly sound blase and say: "Without wishing to sound blasé, it is not big bucks to us" and can return our status with regular weekday racing - Well we all need a dream
  16. Top 5 will do then, that shouldn't take you too long considering our label: "biggest load of whinging, critical and bickering fans in the PL"
  17. Well come on then, that's twice now you've used the I think that I know something you don't or are not telling line. Don't read the thread then mate if you don't like it. Visit the Facebook page, you'll love that and it'll restore your faith.
  18. Right, that's the easy bit, now who specifically told him that his services were not required? One assumes that they saw and heard that as well?
  19. If continues to progress and the support around him becomes more professional then he could turn into a real top level class act, and probably will. He seems to have the skills and speed required, just needs to make sure that he has the complete support package, knuckle down and not get lost in the hype that will continue to grow. As to the second part, I'm still waiting for your definition of this: I'm sure that Lambert would be well pleased if he knew that you were on his case. That has all the credibility of being called Panthers supremo
  20. Changed your tune a bit and fair play on the rest, that's not a bad cv and a good stick that in your pipe and smoke it reply. I am a success but you can't measure my sucess in simple monetary terms, so it may possibly be a bit beyond you and we'll have to continue to gripe in blissful ignorance as that's as far as that conversation goes.
  21. And one's mind strangely moves straight to Blackadder describing Baldrick's poetry: "It started badly, it tailed off a little in the middle and the less said about the end the better (although we all want him fit & well asap), but apart from that it was excellent." - you never disappoint but should calm down a bit, you'll make yourself ill!
  22. I don't think that he made a twit of himself. He just got a bit carried away and had no room for error if the unexpected happened, which unfortunately it did when he picked up some drive that he didn't need. He'll learn. I've not been Lambert's greatest fan but on this occasion I'm prepared to stick up for him for trying to entertain, even if engaging the brain would have been preferable in the circumstances, both personally and for the team. That race was spectacular if watching Lambert, but it was just a question of would he complete 4 laps before he collected the fence? We got the answer. I'm sure that mummykins did that all on her own and if Lambert continues to go up the career ladder then he'll hopefully outgrow and shake off such support & PR fairly quickly anyway, or at least he needs to learn that quickly as well.
  23. So he got out under dubious circumstances and hasn't returned to a sport run by some clowns (we appreciate that there are many good promoters out there) continually wasting his money and making rules up as they go along. As a self proclaimed success story yourself, I'd have thought that you'd appreciate that approach and Rick's continued financial support to our sport. Which teams are you sponsoring this year? I'd say that the organisational culture running the sport is what is not for Frost/Mahoney and they'd probably still be directly running our club if they had the level playing field that never arrived, although going to Dorset was an own goal in the credibilty stakes!
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Privacy Policy