Jump to content
British Speedway Forum

Crump99

Members
  • Posts

    6,021
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    18

Everything posted by Crump99

  1. That's very true, and with everyone saying their piece in this case, there remains more questions than answers as per usual. Just imagine if there was transparency and clarity in such circumstances though, the BSF would turn into Facebook
  2. Not really. It's a valid point isn't it, if it's true it was a unilateral decision as has been reported. I'll argue my corner until there is a decent explanation out there, which is even more surprising as I'm not bothered either way
  3. It was on the To Do list but we were finding difficult to find the time for a courtesy call to the opposition. We didn't realise that it isn't necessary to consult the opposition.
  4. I assume that's an attempt at humour and that you mean Ged Rathbone? He said that he was under the impression, not that he was 100% sure. It's a good early learning curve though: negotiate early and get everything confirmed in writing and signed off. Assumptions and verbals are worth diddly squat if the brown stuff hits.
  5. The plus side here of course is that once leagues and teams are known for 2016 then the fixture list will be out before Christmas: because based on what we know, you don't have to ask the other team whether they agree with the fixture. Just get your dates and fill them in with the opposition most inconvenienced for any chosen one, knowing that our sports administrators will do everything that they can to assist you to get the meeting on - simples
  6. I'd agree with that. I do get irritated with travelling time being used as an excuse when it suits, and now that it has all become somewhat clearer then I don't think that it's unreasonable that Sheffield & the BSPA said that this is happening. I find it hard to believe though that nobody looked at the possible scenarios and considered that this might be one? Anyway, only 48 hours to go and it's chip paper
  7. I've already given my view on the topic, and that's a bit rich coming from you may I say. Anyway, what I want in 2016 seems unlikely, so as I'm not fussed who rides, I'll leave you to discuss with your colleagues
  8. Oh dear, he likes your post. Change your viewing location and get a disguise would be my advice
  9. If it wasn't a PR stunt then it was a cock-up all round so you need to look a bit harder. "They have now agreed a date to host Peterborough next week" - who'd they agree that with "PETERBOROUGH chiefs stress they have not agreed to travel to Sheffield in a Premier League play-off quarter-final next Thursday"? Don't you need to agree it with the other team these days, or do you just pick a day that suits? Personally I don't see why those 3 couldn't ride anyway but don't know enough about the individual circumstance, but it could have been easily sorted without a public slanging match. I suspect that their never was an issue for the BSPA to sympathise with, but even if there was, they'd only change it if it was in their interests,
  10. Peterborough have earmarked September 25 and 27 as possible dates to stage the second leg at the East of England Showground.
  11. I told you before that you need to get to Specsavers, you were looking in the mirror again you div
  12. Still think it was a PR stunt, and not a bad effort come to that.
  13. There isn't a right place until the 2015 team has finished its business. You're bright enough to have grasped that bit although it was unlikely to stop you
  14. That's true, but this is the best idea, so far this week, that fueltaps had to have a dig at Panthers. It's like speedway's version of the Daily Arsenal.
  15. Hindsight is a wonderful thing isn't it. The fact that we have to wail, gnash and slag to make sense of it all says much about the sport, it's communications and the way it treats the paying customers. Did anyone at the start or during any of those 6 pages suggest that those 3 could ride, were putting their interests first ahead of paying customers? Nope! If it's all Peterborough's fault then why did the BSPA sympathise with our plight (or did Rathbone make that up?) and what plight was that? What rule did they need to assist us that they haven't currently got?
  16. Nobody been found out. The sport looks like it couldn't run a bath as per usual. Sheffield could have explained it in those terms and perhaps got the sympathy vote but they just said that it's happening and shut up shop. On the face of it, it looks more of an unplanned inconvenience rather than real problem but it's a shame that grown adults can't act like them. Having said that, ever heard of propoganda? This is all straight out of the Cyril Crane book of speedway promotion.
  17. Ronnie replacement would be my guess. Just hope that those three are on decent equipment as you'd imagine that logistically their best will be elsewhere or on route?
  18. All sorted now. The gloves are off and Rathbone lets rip - this is a hyperlink We've made the effort to make the meeting credible: "However, Peterborough have received a huge boost with World Under 21 finalists Thomsen and Grondal, and Barker, who is due to compete in the prestigious Golden Helmet meeting, all vowing to represent their club in the battle for honours. Rathbone added: “The guys have all agreed to change their plans ahead of major weekend meetings to be at Sheffield. We have pulled out all the stops at great expense to the club to ensure we have the strongest possible team" And the funniest part is that in a sport swamped with rules, many unwritten which appear out of the ether as necessary, the BSPA MC sympathise but say that there is no rule in place for this situation: when has that ever bothered them
  19. With most of that being out of our hands, but when it came to the crunch and we'd got a full team then you'd have thought that the fans would want to see those riders and Sheffield would want to say that they beat Peterborough's team? I thought we'd left the Poole mentality behind but clearly it lives in the PL as well. Why didn't Sheffield decline the fixture? (I'm assuming that they could?) If that really was the situation then I'd have told us to try again.
  20. You're supposed to help though, not supply them with ammo Met office showing 7am shower then fine all day, which is better than earlier so can't see any help from the weather atm.
  21. Firstly, who knew what and when is relevant. If we messed up (as we have done before) then I have little sympathy. Did Peterborough know the play off dates? Have any of the known dates changed? Would they not have expected some common sense when agreeing dates? I'd expect Peterborough to be flexible in such circumstances for the credibility of the sport but appreciate that it rarely works like that. Your second point sums up speedway really. Win at all costs, cheat the public because enough will come back for another dose in these circumstances, if not again when they eventually look at the detail of it all. That's not much of an argument.
  22. So two of our riders who will be there Thursday riding for Panthers can read that fans are already filling out their P45. Don't you just love these posts before season end. I'd get MJJ back, Darren Fletcher & The Crew Girls etc. I miss the EL and resident looney.
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Privacy Policy