-
Posts
6,021 -
Joined
-
Last visited
-
Days Won
18
Everything posted by Crump99
-
Wasn't that his point though, in that fickle fans can only be fickle if the club is there in the first place and people should remember that? If the overall entertainment package was better than tractor racing, extended breaks and invisible people on microphones for example, then a few poor home performances might not be the be all and end all of the situation. If we want to compare highlights then how about this one from Mick Bratley? "I will never forget that the 2006 Grand Final, arguably the greatest modern day meeting ever, watched live by over 6000 people and by thousands more at home, was followed by a Craven Shield fixture attended by less than 700 people. If that Grand Final won’t pull people in, then what will?!?!" They might turn up for the new Glasgow or Ward but overall speedway is a mess.
-
Berwick V Peterborough (on Sky) Wed, July 8th
Crump99 replied to crescent girl's topic in SGB Championship League Speedway
Popular as always I do agree though, and you missed one: "One of the best things about the PL is that with a couple of idiotic exceptions we don't have the type of 'supporters' who pollute the EL, and some of whom have brought their poison into this thread." - how did he know that stevebrum was going to post -
Berwick V Peterborough (on Sky) Wed, July 8th
Crump99 replied to crescent girl's topic in SGB Championship League Speedway
I read a book once - green it was - his real name is Mr Heslop -
Well it did in a way I suppose because it got a reaction, but now that you explain you're reasoning I can see that I was out of order. We should be helping you to get the support that you clearly need rather than criticising. At the moment I'm totally indifferent to the PL, and British Speedway itself come to that, so couldn't give a fig who won tbh (you might struggle with that concept) but as long as you're happy
-
Berwick V Peterborough (on Sky) Wed, July 8th
Crump99 replied to crescent girl's topic in SGB Championship League Speedway
Just reading about Scunthorpe's problems leads me to think that this sort of thinking (surprisingly liked, or perhaps not, by the northern oracle) is partly why speedway's in a mess. Just put any old meeting on and cross your fingers, it might work! That's not a go at Berwick or Scunthorpe, more at the because it's there brigade! -
Peterborough Panthers V Redcar Bears
Crump99 replied to peterborough daz's topic in SGB Championship League Speedway
Steady on, that'll be fighting talk in the world of the BSF's very own Gareth Keenan: Assistant to the forum idiot, wherever they went? -
Peterborough Panthers V Redcar Bears
Crump99 replied to peterborough daz's topic in SGB Championship League Speedway
Why would I want to do that.? Anyway, I doubt you'll do the Friday rush if it's the 17th & yesterday confirmed my dislike of Sunday, so I'll not do the 19th, so should either of those materialise then we could be struggling thankfully -
Peterborough Panthers V Redcar Bears
Crump99 replied to peterborough daz's topic in SGB Championship League Speedway
Not the most factually accurate post I've ever seen -
Peterborough Panthers V Redcar Bears
Crump99 replied to peterborough daz's topic in SGB Championship League Speedway
Ostrich was just lucky that wasn't Hancock he'd just given the shut off or smack into the fence option. -
Peterborough Panthers V Redcar Bears
Crump99 replied to peterborough daz's topic in SGB Championship League Speedway
Nothing to do with being a homer. Just make the sensible decision. Heat one was messy, just put all 4 back, easy option, no brain needed. If the bloke in the pits wants to do one decent interview then he could have gone up to the box while Bjerre was being treated in heat 15 and ask the ref how she worked that one out? (I don't mean excluding white twice). -
Peterborough Panthers V Redcar Bears
Crump99 replied to peterborough daz's topic in SGB Championship League Speedway
It's on its way as forecast if you've just watched Silverstone. -
Easy mistake for the terminally thick Yup. Diet coke and low carb popcorn which has never seen corn!
-
This could be good, better get some popcorn and a coke
-
When you read stuff like this from Nick Morris then is it any wonder? "“I’ve just got some new engines from Peter Johns and I have them at Swindon. I’ve been using some older engines at Glasgow but I’m bringing one of the new ones and I’m going to start using that, because I don’t feel as if I’ve had enough speed there recently.” - (See more at: web glasgowtigers) - how much does that cost him, and how much for those trying to match it?
-
He didn't say that speedway isn't a sport. It is part of the entertainment industry though. People pay their hard earned to be entertained. Considering the overall product I think it's clear that promoters don't think like that (or at least see the big picture). Frost & Mahoney did but continually got the team on track element wrong, not helped by those in charge who like losing money making business decisions on their behalf.
-
But life and many sports work like that. Hard working people spend their money without ultimate control. Why should speedway be any different? The only stupid thing is to continue with a system which has delivered British Speedway's current product and loses the promoters money. However, with the mentality of independence will only make it worse so we'll not make the effort and cope with our losses and customer discontent, then good luck to them, they'll need it. As a self proclaimed success story yourself who's seen it from both sides of the fence, you're surely just the type of bloke they need at the helm. Sustainable speedway (until they break that) of one big Prem/NL combo can't be too many years off.
-
So you agree that the promoters are the problem, coupled with a turkeys not voting for Christmas mentality. The lunatics are clearly not going to vote themselves out of running the asylum so we're stuck with our current impressive administration that serves our sport so well. Is what you're saying?
-
I'm not too sure about that. I think that you need to ease yourself in and learn how to play the game. I'm not sure that we did?
-
I think that we need the stuff not written down Neil from this Rob bloke whoever he is? What you can actually find out yourself is usually open to interpretation it would seem depending on sub clause within a rule which has yet to be agreed.
-
So it's a few mouthy fans on the internet that have got your goat and not Peterborough Speedway itself? Well I can't help with that one. I look forward to this new transparent BSPA who stick to all of their rules and clarify why they have made those and associated decisions. As with Batchelor/Andersen gate, the only thing that Ged needs to learn is that verbal communications from the BSPA mean jack and just gives them an easy way out if it gets a bit hot in the kitchen.
-
I don't see toys out of the pram. The BSPA has done nothing wrong you say but you highlight their inconsistencies and ignorance of their own rules (according to what's in the public domain). The only mistake Peterborough have made once again is making plans allegedly on verbal advice from the usual Secret Squirrel at the BSPA whilst forgetting that they might actually stick to a rule if the BSF points out where they are going wrong! How would you react to that if you were the boss? Doubt that you'd just sit there and say that's how the cookie crumbles. Just in case you didn't read this bit: Rathbone said: “Ourselves and Jacob are devastated the move has been blocked as we were all led to believe he would be eligible to ride in the Premier League. “What I have to stress is there is no wrongdoing here on the part of the Peterborough management. “A member of the BSPA management committee, who I won’t name, suggested we tried to sign Jacob after we had initially enquired about the availability of another rider. “We proceeded to complete a deal with Jacob only for the BSPA management committee to then block it. “It was obviously an oversight on that individual’s part, but it is one which is extremely disappointing to say the least. www.peterboroughpanthers
-
Shame they weren't so helpful when Frost was at the helm.
-
Not unless they know who moorwell is, and they'd still like to see the minutes irrespective! As Sir Humphrey Appley (no not the BSF one) said: It is characteristic of all committee discussions and decisions that every member has a vivid recollection of them and that every member's recollection of them differs violently from every other member's recollection. Consequently we accept the convention that the official decisions are those and only those which have officially recorded in the minutes by the officials, from which it emerges with an elegant inevitability that any decision which has been officially reached will have been officially recorded in the minutes by the officials and any decision which is not recorded in the minutes has not been officially reached even if one or more members believe they can recollect it, so in this particular case if the decision had been officially reached it would have been officially recorded in the minutes by the officials. And it isn't so it wasn't. Ironic that that reads like it was written by whoever wrote the rule book.