-
Posts
6,021 -
Joined
-
Last visited
-
Days Won
18
Everything posted by Crump99
-
Peterborough Panthers 2014
Crump99 replied to NeilWatson's topic in SGB Championship League Speedway
Not forgetting the contents of their stomach when they see you Anyway back to the speedway, is Sunday's meeting off yet? Surely even if they could get the track in order then the EoES must be saturated. -
Peterborough Panthers 2014
Crump99 replied to NeilWatson's topic in SGB Championship League Speedway
I shouldn't laff if I was you mate, you're the warm up act, taking on one of the start girls to give you a chance of a draw -
Peterborough Panthers 2014
Crump99 replied to NeilWatson's topic in SGB Championship League Speedway
I'm well aware of the post, I've been trying to get an answer ever since! -
Peterborough Panthers 2014
Crump99 replied to NeilWatson's topic in SGB Championship League Speedway
I've been waiting for that all day, what a disappointment, thought that you might answer the question "I have a lot of respect for Rick but speedway was just not for him." - so a bit like you and the concept of forums then "Nothing p****s off others" - that's got to go as well based on hansfan's post -
Peterborough Panthers 2014
Crump99 replied to NeilWatson's topic in SGB Championship League Speedway
As I said, twist and turn like a twisty turny thing. Now who's being clever. It's a simple question but if you're out of your depth and want to take your ball home again then so be it, I'll bid you good day! (unless you wish to prolong it by replying. Looks like I need to spell that out as well) -
Peterborough Panthers 2014
Crump99 replied to NeilWatson's topic in SGB Championship League Speedway
Yup, you can go back to the sensible section and leave us in peace Season ticket holders could once park inside which caused many problems when Mercer arrived but it hasn't been part of the package for years, or it was nod and wink but not publicised. I have a season ticket and so does my mate. If parking inside was an option then there is no way that he'd be parking in the outside car park? -
Peterborough Panthers 2014
Crump99 replied to NeilWatson's topic in SGB Championship League Speedway
Perhaps you can clarify what "I have a lot of respect for Rick but speedway was just not for him." means then? -
Peterborough Panthers 2014
Crump99 replied to NeilWatson's topic in SGB Championship League Speedway
At least I stick to the point rather than twist and turn like a twisty turny thing. You're so clever you want to be careful your foot doesn't fall off! I said they made some bad choices which is true given the facts. Not that they couldn't make it work. In fact they did at the end but then left us despite positive vibes. So there you go Rick or Julie if you read this, if you really are thinking of a return one day as stated in the Jan 11 Speedway Star article, the northern oracle says that your not up to the job. The end! -
Peterborough Panthers 2014
Crump99 replied to NeilWatson's topic in SGB Championship League Speedway
Well yes it does really. The original point I disagreed with was that Panthers belong in the Prem but suddenly I've got to finance the situation and the bloke you couldn't stop putting the boot into, who won naff all in 5 years despite his wealth and Panthers own resources is suddenly your example of efficient promotion. Of course the fans point to the crowd, what do you expect with that record. Frost made some bad choices from the off and continued to do so until Sullivan arrived so is it any wonder he made a loss. Anyway, I bow to your Panthers experience, I've only been going 30+ years myself and hope to be realistic one day! -
Peterborough Panthers 2014
Crump99 replied to NeilWatson's topic in SGB Championship League Speedway
Is that a yes or a no? -
Peterborough Panthers 2014
Crump99 replied to NeilWatson's topic in SGB Championship League Speedway
On face value that's true but generally the product has not been good enough. Poor teams, fragmented fixture list and away disaster after disaster. People are not going to turn up for that. After 5 years Frost eventually got it right by bringing in Sullivan, producing a smooth consistent racing surface and signing a winning team of racers, Crowds started to pick up, it's not rocket science. We don't belong in the Prem for that reason IMO. It was only about getting the right people in post wasn't it? Anyway, we are where we are so I'll go with it even if I'm not happy, which isn't unusual to be fair I would fight fire with fire but my insult will get deleted - Did Horton make a loss in 2006? Fair point -
Peterborough Panthers 2014
Crump99 replied to NeilWatson's topic in SGB Championship League Speedway
And what do you base that on? I'd say that our track and facilities are Elite League standard and we belong more in that division than many of those who are in there. -
Peterborough Panthers 2014
Crump99 replied to NeilWatson's topic in SGB Championship League Speedway
I have no doubt that he was and after reading quotes like "Speedway Star has learned as other have to their cost, you don't mess with the establishment. It's their way or no way" I'd imagine this AGM was the straw that broke Readypower's back. I read elsewhere that Readypower are still sponsoring Bjerre so perhaps Frost will return when speedway has gone through its bloodletting period. Irrespective of that, fair play to the consortium taking it on, if only hopefully short term at this level? -
Peterborough Panthers 2014
Crump99 replied to NeilWatson's topic in SGB Championship League Speedway
Nicely put. Whether the PL is exciting we've yet to see but I look at those Panthers named compared to an EL side and there's no spark for me. If that's an EL snob then so be it. The slight difference in our two situations IMO is that we as a club didn't need to change. We'd just been probably the best EL side in the second half of the season. Frost had said that crowds were up and finances were not an issue to him as he has and makes a shedful, so how did it all change so quickly? Were we really under threat of closure? If it had been a new broom with ambition then Wealdstone might have been more accommodating but it isn't. -
Peterborough Panthers 2014
Crump99 replied to NeilWatson's topic in SGB Championship League Speedway
It'll be interesting to see how many first choice 7 v 7s we get next year? -
Peterborough Panthers 2014
Crump99 replied to NeilWatson's topic in SGB Championship League Speedway
No they haven't but the quick and easy way to not address your concerns is to remind you how lucky you are, which is true to a point but doesn't make you feel any better. On a different tack, the asset system was the anti-christ & worthless last year but now it's a vital part of rules & regulations (well seemingly not ours in the PL funnily enough), funny old world innit? -
Peterborough Panthers 2014
Crump99 replied to NeilWatson's topic in SGB Championship League Speedway
Rather heartless to advocate ignoring special needs. We look after our own. -
Peterborough Panthers 2014
Crump99 replied to NeilWatson's topic in SGB Championship League Speedway
"I asked my girlfriend: He said: * We made out shortly after." All rather worrying really, you should PM FP he'll offer counselling -
Peterborough Panthers 2014
Crump99 replied to NeilWatson's topic in SGB Championship League Speedway
The one selling point of the PL was it's stabilty but that's looking at bit suspect at the moment. When the rulebook is finished (not March 1 yet) and published it'll be interesting to see what the AGM statement didn't say? As for Fisher, seems logical being an existing Panther and one of Horton's merry men. If a like for like guest is the option when not available then that's not too bad on the face of it although not ideal, but it doesn't look like we'll be alone with such problems. Could be a different matter at the business end of the season though. -
Peterborough Panthers 2014
Crump99 replied to NeilWatson's topic in SGB Championship League Speedway
World Cup or PL speedway, it's a toughie! I don't need any lectures about supporting Panthers thank you -
Peterborough Panthers 2014
Crump99 replied to NeilWatson's topic in SGB Championship League Speedway
I don't know what's worse, the thought of watching Hodgson's England or spending time with you, which isn't going to happen at any point, just for the record -
Peterborough Panthers 2014
Crump99 replied to NeilWatson's topic in SGB Championship League Speedway
The clown's bad enough without Panthers very own Quentin Crisp chipping in. Are you still pushing for pink kevlars? -
Peterborough Panthers 2014
Crump99 replied to NeilWatson's topic in SGB Championship League Speedway
" This post is hidden because you have chosen to ignore posts by stevebrum. View it anyway?" And that's the way that or any susequent ones will stay - bog off back to the sensible continuum & leave us in peace! -
Peterborough Panthers 2014
Crump99 replied to NeilWatson's topic in SGB Championship League Speedway
I think that we've explored the ignore functionality but as you're clearly as mad as a mongoose we'll move on. In such instances one wishes to see whether you've said anything interesting, there's got to be a 1st time, although 20,000 BSF posts of drivel is 1/14 at Ladbrokes Wolverhampton I believe. I knew that if I mentioned circus then the chief clown would appear to defend his position! -
Peterborough Panthers 2014
Crump99 replied to NeilWatson's topic in SGB Championship League Speedway
Oops, missed out Andersen. That wasn't a deliberate mistake. I may not have liked the circus around him but he was quality on track without doubt. I worry about the press after away meetings. People are not going to turn out on a Tuesday after the negative coverage, if that's how it pans out. Fortunately the local rag is only weekly now and not daily. People will have a few days to have forgotten it.