-
Posts
6,021 -
Joined
-
Last visited
-
Days Won
18
Everything posted by Crump99
-
Peterborough V Scunthorpe - Tuesday 13th May 7.30pm
Crump99 replied to NeilWatson's topic in SGB Championship League Speedway
Just tipped it down at 5 though and is still raining. EoES will have got a good dousing if the lake out front is anything to go by. Radio Cambs said to clear at midnight which doesn't really fill one with confidence -
Peterborough V Scunthorpe - Tuesday 13th May 7.30pm
Crump99 replied to NeilWatson's topic in SGB Championship League Speedway
Don't see what's patronizing about asking you to change the record and engage your brain? From worthless to doormat, that's made my day that has -
Peterborough V Scunthorpe - Tuesday 13th May 7.30pm
Crump99 replied to NeilWatson's topic in SGB Championship League Speedway
I'm not defending, just think H&S could cover the situation (it stretches to conkers and flying shale these days y'know) & in the absence of the more detail you crave which you are not going to get, unless you know a man or woman who knows, then until you burn yourself out or have a thought of your own (thinking is so important arthur) then I'm up for it. I've come up with my own conclusion based on the evidence, I suggest that you do the same, preferably in private! Gerry forgot the National Anthem cd! -
Peterborough V Scunthorpe - Tuesday 13th May 7.30pm
Crump99 replied to NeilWatson's topic in SGB Championship League Speedway
"when does it register that people understand the anger and question but the answer they want is not going to be forthcoming." - never in some cases is the answer! (the detail is H&S as opposed to called off with no reason given at all) Light shower day for this - wouldn't imagine that the track would want a couple of those even if light? -
Peterborough V Scunthorpe - Tuesday 13th May 7.30pm
Crump99 replied to NeilWatson's topic in SGB Championship League Speedway
There must be a reason and I'm sure that you'd tell me that and that it's not my business & I don't need to know the detail if it suited you. The BSPA keep in-house what suits so Peterborough is only in keeping with that. I've said it's been badly handled and short on detail. I'd have been well p'd off if I was on the receiving end but when does it register that people understand the anger and question but the answer they want is not going to be forthcoming. -
Peterborough V Scunthorpe - Tuesday 13th May 7.30pm
Crump99 replied to NeilWatson's topic in SGB Championship League Speedway
Well clearly some do! -
Peterborough V Scunthorpe - Tuesday 13th May 7.30pm
Crump99 replied to NeilWatson's topic in SGB Championship League Speedway
Oh, never considered that, it's a cert not to be dropped. Where's that rain chart! That takes us back to the beginning and we don't want to go there again do we! -
Peterborough V Scunthorpe - Tuesday 13th May 7.30pm
Crump99 replied to NeilWatson's topic in SGB Championship League Speedway
Been plenty of rain in Peterborough during the last couple of days. The EoES will have had plenty, just depends how much work they've been able to do and whether any of tomorrow's showers land on it? Being able to work late & watch Posh will suit me so not fussed either way tbh? Health & Safety issued resolved now I'm told so no need to keep banging on peeps -
Peterborough V Scunthorpe - Tuesday 13th May 7.30pm
Crump99 replied to NeilWatson's topic in SGB Championship League Speedway
I will! -
Peterborough Panthers 2014
Crump99 replied to NeilWatson's topic in SGB Championship League Speedway
I'm not one to moan myself but will take that suggestion on board. -
Peterborough Panthers 2014
Crump99 replied to NeilWatson's topic in SGB Championship League Speedway
How about nothing? Always seemed to work fine before. I'm proud to be British and I don't need a tune to remind me! "It has been re-introduced because as a management team we think it's the right thing to do!" - colpanthers.proboards -
Peterborough Panthers 2014
Crump99 replied to NeilWatson's topic in SGB Championship League Speedway
We don't do changes, not that any are necessary. Everyone doing their job and no disasters apart from the National Anthem. -
Peterborough Vs Edinburgh - Tues 6th May
Crump99 replied to scotchopper's topic in SGB Championship League Speedway
Oh that's brightened up my day no end. "Power to the People" (Crump99, Tooting Popular Front, East of England Showground Branch) - nobody likes being treated like mugs but when did anyone in speedway take notice of what supporters really think. I'd say it's the majority in both examples you give but only the minority who'll admit it. oh, and liked by Rocketpants, that's like the nod of approval from stevebrum -
Peterborough Vs Edinburgh - Tues 6th May
Crump99 replied to scotchopper's topic in SGB Championship League Speedway
I keep seeing that the truth will out but I wouldn't put money on that. Why make a further statement which'll only give some the opportunity to increase the thread by telling everyone how it could have been avoided or quickly rectified. People will not forget but no point in pouring more fuel on the flames. I'm not defending the promotion because I'd have been angry and less than happy with the communications but time to move on. No need to get a story in first. If anyone spouts the alleged truth then it's only the truth if Peterborough agree with the version, not that they have to say anythng. We may be treated like mugs but we're all looking for our next meeting. -
Peterborough Vs Edinburgh - Tues 6th May
Crump99 replied to scotchopper's topic in SGB Championship League Speedway
A good example of why Frost never communicated with fans. Damned if you do and damned if you don't but easier not too bother. Neil's made the effort (and I'm not saying whether I agree or not on that) but probably wishes he hadn't. -
Peterborough Vs Edinburgh - Tues 6th May
Crump99 replied to scotchopper's topic in SGB Championship League Speedway
Considering every promoter at Peterborough bails out after losing a shedload I doubt that there's any cash to take home. -
Peterborough Vs Edinburgh - Tues 6th May
Crump99 replied to scotchopper's topic in SGB Championship League Speedway
Because this is/was an unacceptable one off (well not quite one off as it does happen from time to time unfortunately) and you'll be depriving yourself. -
Peterborough Vs Edinburgh - Tues 6th May
Crump99 replied to scotchopper's topic in SGB Championship League Speedway
If your a speedway supporter then you're patronised, it comes with the territory. We've all been out of pocket at some point without seemingly good reason but we return anyway. Why do they need to let you know the details? This thread is chip paper so to speak when we all focus on our next meeting. Those fans are not going to get their time or money back, that's the harsh reality and I doubt that they'd feel any better if they knew why? They might but it's unlikely to happen. FWIW, I was not really affected being local but think that it was shockingly handled and communicated and am fully sympathetic to the Edinburgh fans, and those who apparently turned up at the EoES for the meeting. Far from ideal in a season in which we're trying to regroup! nb. I'm still waiting to know why 2010 happened, why Panthers lost those Kings Lynn points again last season and how those 10 heats at the zoo v Poole were allowed to continue, or even start in dangerous conditions - so me first please as I've been waiting longer. Oh and one more - why Frost changed his mind so quickly to throw in the towel after seemingly being all set for 2014? This wouldn't have happened then. -
Peterborough Vs Edinburgh - Tues 6th May
Crump99 replied to scotchopper's topic in SGB Championship League Speedway
But if the EoES doesn't agree but says we say how high or there's no speedway, what then! These are not pre Andrew Mercer & co days! There's obviously more to this than meets the eye and the reasons will not be made public so it's not worth getting excited about, -
Peterborough Vs Edinburgh - Tues 6th May
Crump99 replied to scotchopper's topic in SGB Championship League Speedway
Would you believe them. They could come up with numerous plausible reasons but that wouldn't satisfy many I suspect. Btw, it was the Johnstone's Paint Trophy won at Wembley in front of 35,663 so not quite Mickey Mouse. Speedway gets that type of crowd once a year when the best who don't want to ride here in our Mickey Mouse league turn up! -
Rye House V Peterborough 4th May
Crump99 replied to Dave Stummings's topic in SGB Championship League Speedway
Sounds like bliss! -
Peterborough Vs Edinburgh - Tues 6th May
Crump99 replied to scotchopper's topic in SGB Championship League Speedway
All Neil did was correct an inaccurate post which seemed fair enough. Scotchopper's second post is better and I'm sure that Peterborough Speedway didn't call the meeting off without good reason. H&S is a broad brush these days and if it was explained further then people would still argue the toss anyway. The days of running amongst other events (The EoE show, Expo Steam, BMF etc) are long gone at the shrinking EoES. It only takes a slight graze these days for the intelligencia to reach for the no win no fee hotline. What I would agree with is "If it's always bad after Truckfest, why the hell was a speedway fixture scheduled for the next day?" as potentially a mess is what's left or is being cleared up. Ever visited planet earth? -
Peterborough Vs Edinburgh - Tues 6th May
Crump99 replied to scotchopper's topic in SGB Championship League Speedway
Could be a gating competition after a weekend of trucks and bikes running round etc turning shale to dust. -
And that is in reply to what?