Jump to content
British Speedway Forum

Crump99

Members
  • Posts

    6,021
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    18

Everything posted by Crump99

  1. That's what they've done for years. Buy a programme after a rain off and you'll usually get an old programme with insert. That's not Buster specific. Now as crap side, that's a different matter, depending which of the 3 you support.
  2. That's just about the timescale of PCC Policy LP36: East of England Showground so potentially (not sure whether any final decisions came out of the 2016 consultation?) the only building going on at the EoES could be housebuilding and Buster will need to lease Mr Horton's Fengate motorsport complex at that time as the requirement of finding alternative arrangements for Panthers, if needed, was highlighted in LP36.
  3. That's how it's worked out now but it set the tone and upset many of the regulars who were happy with their team as announced, that's the point, never mind that it was also about to get worse on the team front. Overall though I generally happy with some reservations. I'm not happy about seemingly being the poor relation of triple ownership or that the objective and end game seem somewhat unclear. However, it is what it is and it's been a rollercoaster for 15 years anyway.
  4. Considering that the glass was full and people were having good time on Dec 20 compared to now when running at all seems to be the usual plus point and the regular closure threat is used to counteract dissent then I'd say that it's a half measure in a pint glass however you want to cut it
  5. That's true. Just got up to speed with the story again - apologies BB. Cleared to break the rules and take the minor hit was the advice from the no2 that caused the no1 to blow a gasket.
  6. Not really, you were more pointed and I can't recall if the specifics of the transaction are out there, perhaps they are. I was talking generally about the case and the actions and reactions of individuals for which there is evidence in the public domain.
  7. Seemed to be totally the opposite over the last two or 3 years (as a 2 poster newbie you probably never noticed) so you probably need to think about what's changed/happened and reflect on that. It's a fair point you make but there is a bit more to it than that isn't there?
  8. Reminds me of a video someone once produced with their version of a job decsription for the role (I got the idea btw that they weren't great fans of the person in post at the time). I just watched it as the post prompted me and it did make me chuckle: Director of air fence cleaning operations, Director of painting, Director of tractor polishing and maintenance, and also part of the catering staff making tea for us after the meeting
  9. But surely if you care about the club and fans (and selling up wasn't as reported a necessity) as stated then given the problems we've had since Frost 2010 to Holdergate then surely that raised some alarm bells of what might follow? If Rathbone chose an unkown without a known history then I'd agree what you say.
  10. Allegedly! So you're not in possession of the facts but you use it to justify your argument anyway.
  11. They don't and I think that he has a lot to answer for but what's happened since can't be ignored either.
  12. I must be missing something here. Yes it's not the best of situations at the moment but we've seen worse. It wouldn't take too much to put things right so I can't really see the point of throwing in the towel just yet. Give it another few months at least and if it doesn't improve then review the situation.
  13. Excellent news. Thanks for posting that. What would we do without you? I'm sure that any disaffected Panthers fans feel so much better now
  14. Depends what the other options were, if any. Rathbone said he'd run anyway and didn't need to sell as he did, apparently, so given where we are and what's happened since Dec 20 then it's not too difficult to see why some people have problems with triple ownership. So the answer to you're question (which isn't particularly funny btw) is no he is not, but that's a simplistic as it gets.
  15. Are you on a wind-up or did you not understand to point being made
  16. Bjerre was reserve when signed so has an excuse.
  17. No not fake, just the way that some people see it. I and others disagree. I also think the about complete entertainment package (think P Oakes coined that phrase) and it's someway short of Frost/Mahoney gold standard (although they never fixed the crap PA or stand lighting) but that was shattered overnight anyway when "please be upstanding" Horton got the gig straight afterwards. So without effective presentation, decent atmosphere and a team struggling to win a race then the last thing that it needs is a follow the leader track. However, it it still a great speedway venue and I wouldn't put anyone off a random attendance.
  18. Rathbone wasn't known for doing that so without the facts of the matter then who says that he did.
  19. Interesting observation. I've not been to 6 fingers since the Michael Jepsen Jensen win of April 2012 and I've no desire to return. If the EoES doesn't develop from it's gate and go appearance to the addition of the traditional outside runs as well then that's a bit of an issue. I think someone said on the mic last week that they were hopeful that things will improve: they need to. Looking at the club's twitter feed you'd think that it was so exciting that we were racing at Torun.
  20. And which is why many no doubt thought that bringing Neil on board was a smart move at the time and given what's happened since Dec 20 I think that our concerns are well founded. Let's hope that Bratters confidence is backed up by the relevant action:
  21. The meetings are not top drawer though so no it will not. For me personally it's better than where we were but we're just back where the club should be so that was the easy bit; hans fan summed it up nicely on the previous page. 2020 looks a bloody long way away with that side and the possible consequences.
  22. Highly unlikely. Johnson has been around long enough to know the consequences of a team that struggles to win races and meetings at the EoES. That's usually sold as trying to return to form after another away embarrassment. Problem being that virtually anyone should be able to overturn the current Panthers septet so a return to form on home shale is unlikely and a different strategy is needed.
  23. You're free to say whatever you want, wherever you want. I've never been very diplomatic when others have a go at, in my view anyway whether that be right or wrong, Peterborough Speedway so nobody should be surprised by any less than subtle reply. As regards getting you thrown off, I just stick people on ignore who get up my nose (you're nowhere near that at the moment) and wouldn't waste my time getting anyone banned when there is a mechanism that does the job for my purposes. I've upset our own supporters and management enough times so comparitively what you said is a widdle in the ocean.
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Privacy Policy