-
Posts
6,021 -
Joined
-
Last visited
-
Days Won
18
Everything posted by Crump99
-
Peterborough v Belle Vue - Prem Mon 15th July
Crump99 replied to bigcatdiary's topic in SGB Premiership Speedway League
I've just done the same, watched until the recording cut out and set to record tomorrow morning, hopefully edited to get the whole meeting. Added to that I was also there and I've certainly seen worse. Even the delays were not too bad. It was a nice evening and time didn't seem to drag as it often does during long delays. Regarding the BT programme, I was actually enjoying that as well. I've certainly seen worse on the box: 4 heats I suffered from King Lynn last week or whenever it was for starters, as for Poole, say no more squire . I'm also not known for my positivity so for me to agree with much of such a post is rather unusual. -
A few years ago the inside line didn't work at all as it had done for many previous seasons. The one line was often a couple of yards off the fence so it's good that Chapman has that inside working again but it's too good at times and there needs to be a balance which has only really been found at a couple of meetings. Those memories somehow then morph into it's been terrific all season when it clearly hasn't. However, if he'd put out the competitive side as advertised in December then you wonder whether the track would have got too much of a mention?
-
He's on form today
-
Peterborough v Belle Vue - Prem Mon 15th July
Crump99 replied to bigcatdiary's topic in SGB Premiership Speedway League
Not the best example. Bjerre's had his moments: Panthers team boss Trevor Swales was gracious in defeat, saying: “To be honest, we were just beaten by the better side. Coventry were the better team over both legs and we just weren’t good enough. “I feel sorry for the fans, because they have stuck by us all season and we have just thrown it away. I feel for the fans, I feel for Rick and Julie, I feel for the staff here, everyone... because we have thrown away a whole season’s worth of effort. I’m disappointed in the boys, because some of them didn’t have the will tonight. I don’t care what they say about the track, you have to get on and ride it. “They had the wrong attitude; and they beat themselves at five o’clock, when they saw the track. PETERBOROUGH 44 (Kenneth Bjerre 1:1 (0-1:1-0-0) And on that evening Chris Harris got 13 so nobody told him either. Even Batchelor got 8 and he moaned most weeks about something or other. -
No, just pining for an EoES racers track.
-
Look, I took the liberty of examining that parrot when I got it home, and I discovered the only reason that it had been sitting on its perch in the first place was that it had been NAILED there
-
Peterborough v Belle Vue - Prem Mon 15th July
Crump99 replied to bigcatdiary's topic in SGB Premiership Speedway League
There's an entrance to the car park Neil mentions that is the old stock car track and I can't recall that ever being used, for speedway anyway, which probably indicates some of the restrictions in and around the EoES these days, especially as that is the most logical entrance when that car park is used.. Added to that, they don't like the grass being messed up inside the outer fencing. Can you imagine, trucks, trailers and stock cars all over the place. The landlords would have a fit. -
Peterborough v Belle Vue - Prem Mon 15th July
Crump99 replied to bigcatdiary's topic in SGB Premiership Speedway League
We'll never know unless someone wites an autobiography: Go on Neil, you know you want to -
Peterborough v Belle Vue - Prem Mon 15th July
Crump99 replied to bigcatdiary's topic in SGB Premiership Speedway League
I've said before, as was proved, it can be fixed pretty quickly. Just get away from the track record, fast times rubbish. A few meetings ago when the track produced action that you'll struggle to better anywhere, times were more approaching 60 seconds rather than chasing 57 seconds. -
Peterborough v Belle Vue - Prem Mon 15th July
Crump99 replied to bigcatdiary's topic in SGB Premiership Speedway League
Assume that you're remember this one? It's the one that came to my mind: Now that the reality of the last 7 months has been laid bare to the previously unknowing audience, do you you think that they might get where some fans are coming from? For the record, I may wretch at times but have only missed one home meeting in 2019 despite the last line of the quote. Funnily enough I'm not bothered whether or not Chapman owns it. He needs to be hands off as much as possible as he would have been if he'd left Rathbone and Watson in charge. -
Peterborough v Belle Vue - Prem Mon 15th July
Crump99 replied to bigcatdiary's topic in SGB Premiership Speedway League
Yup, looking forward to the season starting in September with 3 in 10 days in potentially worse weather, the football season in full swing, speedway all but forgotten after an unprecedented summer break and Panthers at the foot of the table with nothing to ride for. Good luck with selling those meetings. -
Peterborough v Belle Vue - Prem Mon 15th July
Crump99 replied to bigcatdiary's topic in SGB Premiership Speedway League
Clearly: or the history of the EoES and its administration. -
Peterborough v Belle Vue - Prem Mon 15th July
Crump99 replied to bigcatdiary's topic in SGB Premiership Speedway League
If the locals got a bit upset by a bit of noise from Truckfest then they'd need therapy for stockcars but Posh have more chance of winning the Champions League than stockcars. The Arena sits on the Banger track so that tells us much. -
Peterborough v Belle Vue - Prem Mon 15th July
Crump99 replied to bigcatdiary's topic in SGB Premiership Speedway League
Given that Panthers are generally poor from the tapes and often get beat up on the first turn then I doubt that they manufactered that in those terms. -
Peterborough v Belle Vue - Prem Mon 15th July
Crump99 replied to bigcatdiary's topic in SGB Premiership Speedway League
And that was the thing that I really noticed tonight. The outside run off turn 2 where Sullivan would shoot round opponents and fly down the backstraight has completely gone. Anyone who tries it goes backwards. They slowed the track down for two fantastic meetings and suddenly that turned into a season of quality whereas as a whole, tonight was a better example of 2019 if full. -
Like minds. I said to someone tonight that I can't recall a worse Panthers side and 2008 was my suggestion as well
-
Peterborough v Belle Vue - Prem Mon 15th July
Crump99 replied to bigcatdiary's topic in SGB Premiership Speedway League
Have we ever heard from him? Bearing in mind that I never buy a programme. -
-
If you have a problem with a moderator, do not air your concerns on the boards; send an email to webmaster@speedway-forum.co.uk
-
Possibly However, there have to be some rules and we would ask contributors to act in a responsible and respectful fashion. Trolls - A troll is a contributor whose sole intent in posting is to be a disturbance to the community. Posters engaging in this type of behaviour lose their rights of membership and will be removed. Please refrain from allowing anyone else to use your account and do not create duplicate accounts on the forum.
-
Jeez you're bloody hard work. I didn't fall for anything. You keep making statements without evidence, or evidence that's superceded to show the opposite of what you say but you dig your heels in, never admitting defeat or even just withdrawing gracefully due to your know it all superior attitude. We'll call it a draw then although even that might be a bit too much for you. Now that zonkers has left us you're the only BSF member outside Peterborough that I know so I slag you off with greatest respect of course
-
Rathbone seemed pretty competent working within budget and it wasn't exactly a secret so when did it become an issue, surely someone noticed these press notices: PANTHERS SWOOP FOR HARRIS 4/12/18 - ANDERSEN MAKES PANTHERS RETURN 6/12/18 - PANTHERS IN COOK SWOOP 10/12/18 - WRIGHT MAN FOR PANTHERS 13/12/18 - DOUBLE SIGNING FOR PANTHERS (Bjerre/Barker) 17/12/18 - BRAD BACK WITH PANTHERS 20/12/10 inc - PANTHERS 2019 (Team subject to normal BSPA approval): Chris Harris, Hans Andersen (c), Craig Cook, Bradley Wilson-Dean, Charles Wright, Lasse Bjerre, Ben Barker. - note it doesn't mention anyone else's approval which one assumes had already been agreed.
-
Well you said we'd have no speedway without Chapman and that he was the only show in town. This indicates that both of those are wrong so on the basis of what we know (and I agree that the truth could be somewhat different but we're not discussing assumptions or guesswork) it's fair to say that you were wrong both times: Three ‘serious parties’ are interested in buying Peterborough Panthers