-
Posts
6,021 -
Joined
-
Last visited
-
Days Won
18
Everything posted by Crump99
-
Think that we need to research that a bit. How about you avoiding the thread for 10 months and we'll see if it survives
-
That's plan D. There's been a security leak
-
P is already dealt with - "pericombobulation"
-
"Medium-sized insectivore with protruding nasal implement." I've done "C" and "D." "Big blue wobbly thing that mermaids live in." - "C" I'm quite pleased with my definition of "dog" for "D": which is, "Not a cat."
-
" the first thing to do was to get your big hitter sorted out before anything else....as the not so good riders are for or likely available on a Sunday., " Since we do and have 5 riders signed it's a bit late to be saying what we should have done.
-
Changed the named race day for the reason you say but Sundays started back end of 2014 and have predominantly continued that way ever since. You can see the logic for logistics and the potential crowd increase from visitors but that's countered by lack of riders and a seeming lack of ambition if there really is any desire to return to what's left, in name anyway, of top level speedway in GB.
-
The first thing to do was not run on Sunday. Same thing every close season these days with the who is and who isn't doing something else more important.
-
Frost/Mahoney put on a good show at the top level but seemed badly advised on so many levels. The team particularly but with PR and communications being more business orientated and distant rather than at the people level. That's where Rathbone scores. Given the money and time Frost/Mahoney put in to save the club from Horton and then subsequently I think lack of enthusiasm is a bit harsh. We sort of morphed into a Holder situation for some reason. That's been done to death and he'll not be back.
-
so what are modern day societal norms?
-
Wish someone would lead him back to the EoES then.
-
You said that you hope it lasts and in a few years. The point is that as a rule they've never been transparent and one decision in isolation still means that they've a long way to go to reach their goal. This was an easy and logical decision although had they thought about it earlier then they could quite have easily changed the rule so as not to have to say "Unfortunately, and regrettably, Scott Nicholls and Edward Kennett – two fine servants of British Speedway – were caught up in this.".
-
That's nearly as funny as "as we continue to strive for transparency" although we can but hope.
-
Still some mileage in it if the will is there. It's no different to having an excellent working relationship with the EoES. That's been the mantra for years but is a crock: well it was and I doubt that it has improved in recent years. Problem is that we know Dick's credentials here so what he says carries more weight but crazyb has yet to clarify why they are better informed?
-
Surely not surprised given all comments and events. But with the 4TT at the EoES virtually always a success and everything in place for that success to continue then it is strange logic if you can put aside any vindictiveness. Perhaps Rathbone was asked but declined. As for the track, Doyle should know what he's talking about - Doyle said: “I’ve ridden Peterborough a few times with Somerset and also back some years ago when I was with Poole. It’s a nice track to ride and hopefully it’s going to be good racing. It’s a proper racetrack, there’s many lines on it, as far as I can remember. I haven’t been for a few years so hopefully it’s the same!
-
I'd guess because he is once again and has been before a promoter at the club dealing with such matters. We don't know what your credentiails are to match your confidence that you know more?
-
Do you know that for a fact? Even if they did/do there would still be problems and the same issues.
-
Perhaps the Workington thread might be a good place to visit more regularly for like minds then
-
Didn't want to go there for being accused of looking for a story which isn't there but it was noticed and not in ironic terms
-
More a case of thank you Torun and Jack Holder I would have thought. Without Holdergate it would have been same as irrespective.
-
The EoES administration have seemingly been difficult for years and I doubt that any promotion has been to blame for the fixture problems and things ticked over fine and regularly until the biggest upheaval in around 2002. Neil and Mick Horton unfortunately got the worst of it: "Panthers have been denied regular race nights by their landlords at the East of England Showground and Horton insists the prospects are bleak unless things change immediately. Horton added: "I totally sympathise with the fans. People can't afford to attend two-or-three meetings a week which is the scenario they have been faced with because of the difficulties we have trying to get suitable dates from the Showground." peterboroughtoday.co.uk/sport/speedway-support-us-or-lose-us-warns-beleagured-panthers-chief 24/6/2004 Prior to that Friday night was speedway night and there were few fixture issues from March to October so I think that you're being harsh there. Speedway itself never knows what it's doing year on year until late.
-
It's not exactly a confidence builder though Neil when the most basic info is wrong. However, I just noticed that the BSPA site has finally corrected the league structure in "What is speedway" so it's about a 12 month turnaround for accurate info I guess, or when it's pointed out. As for Peterborough Today and our website, I think that it's all been said.
-
Championship KOC 2nd round - Ipswich v Lakeside or Peterborough Sunday 15 July PETERBOROUGH PANTHERS v IPSWICH WITCHES/LAKESIDE HAMMERS (H) 5pm KO Cup certainly got me confused
-
It is the solution to poor organisation and avoiding the end of season fixture pile up. They just can't seem to grasp that speedway is a summer sport and that's when fans consistently want to watch meetings. They can't organise that so the solution is to do less and to encourage supporters to find other interests, not twigging that they may choose those interests first in future
-
Sometimes I wonder why I have people on ignore but they always clarify the situation at some point.