Jump to content
British Speedway Forum

Crump99

Members
  • Posts

    6,021
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    18

Everything posted by Crump99

  1. “All promoters left the meeting with great enthusiasm towards the 2018 season.” Same time next year lads! At least we're not guilty because we had no representation.
  2. That's what I said umpteen posts ago. As usual with anything speedway it's the why that's unlear without having to rely on reading between the lines of what someone thinks that the reason is?
  3. Bloody hell, that's a good memory and nice bit of nostalgia
  4. Indeed, but as I said, what's not been made clear is whether the BSPA said that you're not hosting them or whether Rathbone has told them to whistle following August's events and the lack of appreciation forthcoming from the lords and masters following a successful staging in 2017. It could have just been due to availabilty of dates at the EoES as you'd know, but did the BSPA ask if could we stage them, suggest that we needn't worry about at date after last year's events, or when asked Rathbone told them to get stuffed in more polite terms than that I'd imagine, or perhaps not if Godfrey or Chapman was on the other end of the phone!
  5. So we can expect all lower league SGB major events to be held there in 2018.
  6. Put their money in to keep things running I guess which is why they don't want transparency and unambiguous communications.
  7. Thought that I just read somewhere that Peterborough wouldn't host them. Whether that be by choice or as a consequence I don't think was made clear?
  8. Who had the last laugh there? Coventry gone. Both clubs having to suffer the supremo. Panthers nearly gone a couple of times at least since and now mid table lower tier struggling to put a team together? Hopefully plan A or B come off and are a surprise.
  9. Trustworthyness is not the main issue, it's transparency and communication that's the problem although I suppose that it's one and the same thing really. They need to draw a line now and say that the past is the past and that there are no precedents for decisions going forward. Then they have to clearly explain how future decisions are reached so that everone is clear. There are no favours or special dispensation. If the lunatics want to run the asylum, and they cleary do, then they've got to start being competent. Tough ask I know but while we still have some sport left it'd be a good idea!
  10. Surely the answer is to have rules and them stick to them for several years. Constant tinkering and change has cock up and self interest written all over it. Same old crap about a positive meeting to take speedway forward before the realisation of the detail sinks in and the arguments start for the next few months.
  11. ‘He’s mad. He’s mad! He’s madder than Mad Jack McMad, the winner of last year’s Mr Madman competition.’
  12. Did they do ok? They got lucky (and unlucky at times, as well as self inflicted damage). If the 4TT wasn't at the EoES then they probably wouldn't have got out of the group, let alone winning it. The KO Cup speaks for itself when your TM says “But I told the Ipswich management and riders that they didn’t deserve to lose the final", and we all know what happened there. They must have done ok in a business sense because Rathbone decided to run in 2018 so they must be doing something right as he says? The mantra usually is that we only want riders who want to ride for the club, such and such can add a point to their average (because that's the way that you win the main prize), and the final chestnut is "that's the team we wanted". Having said that, looking at the 2017 table, Panthers were not far away despite finishing 6th but more of the same will bring the same result, or worse possibly, looking at some of the teams so far. You are right though in that a good no1 can make a whole world of difference but not too sure that it can save what we currently have?
  13. Depends how you define good? We were basically a 6 man team at home. Probably he did what he should have at this level? I'm no statto or that interested in them in this case. The fact is that at the EoES he was passed for fun and more often than not out with the washing at the back. Yes he had a few good rides with the emphasis being few. Whether he kicks on now is open to question but he's more chance away from the showground IMO.
  14. I think that we're confusing issues now so that's a good place to leave it.
  15. Never heard of "we've listened, taken what you say on board, however"
  16. It usually ends in tears so I'm afraid that I disagree. Frost and Mahoney kept everything in house and club business was communicated only on official channels, that's the way to do it. We have a long history of club officials and the internet and it's often not very pretty.
  17. Well if that's the case then I'd agree to part of the spirit of your first post, if not the tone. You're looking for a story which isn't there at the moment. Watch this space as they say.
  18. The shocking news would have been if Panthers were not running. If you read what he's been brought in for then it makes perfect sense tbh. Rathbone still calls the shots and I'm sure that Neil will do a good job away from Supremo Horton. Given that Rathbone will be treading on eggshells with our lords and masters during 2018 I'd say that bringing in someone who seems to understand the rules and other issues as much as Neil is a smart move? Rathbone will no doubt listen to Neil and take his advice on board. I don't get the impression that that was one of Horton's strengths. Apologies for a positive post, I'll go and lie down for a bit!
  19. More worrying is that given the circumstances Plummer has labelled Ged with the mad brush again.
  20. You're the expert and it'd be rude to disagree
  21. How many is a lot. The way things are going they might have to lump it.
  22. This'll help. It's Jeremy Corbyn Fan at the Power Plant.
  23. It would have to be liquid nitrogen in the hope that cruel greyhound racing gets banned nationally at some future point and we can move to Fengate or some other new location.
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Privacy Policy