Jump to content
British Speedway Forum

Crump99

Members
  • Posts

    6,021
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    18

Everything posted by Crump99

  1. Think we'll need points away from home, and come to that he didn't do his job at home when he was last here either.
  2. As long as you know what you're doing Neil that's all we need to know. It's the missing link of the last decade at the EoES.
  3. What could possibly go wrong? That's not a go at you Neil but every time you try to explain it just clarifies why speedway now sits between netball and lacrosse in the sporting importance list. When you say two kinds of green sheets I assume that you mean the real ones and the made up ones that the powers that be follow. It has to be complex or fans would understand it and be right all of the time, that'd never do
  4. All sounds a right dogs dinner. I'll wait and see what transpires. Averages, permutations and rules just send me to sleep.
  5. Surely if one of the reserves is off it'll not be Bacon.
  6. Best not to delve. I'm sure that someone understands it, or thinks that they do. That wasn't a prompt for anyone else!
  7. I'd agree with that but I doubt that Poland and watertight are compatible at the end of the day.
  8. Surely it was his choice where he rode so I'm afraid that he was wholly to blame and others got caught up trying to make the best of a bad deal.
  9. Felt the same last year but if needs must I think that all options should be considered properly. He'd have to change that bloody awful tune though!
  10. And gave a masterful reply when young Porsing wasn't happy with the view from his Torquay hotel: "Well may I ask what you expected to see out of a Torquay hotel bedroom window? Sydney Opera House perhaps? The Hanging Gardens of Babylon? Herds of wildebeest sweeping majestically..."
  11. So for the record, day of the week is irrelevant then.
  12. The rules and regs are catch all anyway and can be usually tailored to fit any given situation depending on who's asking, despite the inconsistency of a previous ruling that someone will invariably find. They rarely close the loophole but just let it blow over until next time.
  13. Still better than me. I gave it 2 races before I binned it.
  14. Saul's ok just too much (although less at times now with 2 minute being put on before the heat result has been given - what's that all about?) and too invisible. Anyone on a roving mic should for most part be in clear view (centre green presenter as mentioned above), especially when interviewing.
  15. That's part of the problem, not enough is done presentation wise for the other 1 hour 45 minutes (or extra 45 mins if you get there early) apart from some bloke tediously waffling into a mic from the depths of somewhere. We've certainly gone backwards at the EoES somewhat IMO on the complete entertainment package front since Frost/Mahoney left us. I'm not sure that the pricing is wrong but the product has to justify the price.
  16. I think when it says do you want it to copy as plain text, the answer is yes I suspect that's where it went pear shaped!
  17. I used to remember Friday night is speedway night in Peterborough, and here we are a week from the last meeting, what looks to be a fine B/H and the website ticker saying next meeting in 14 days likes that's something to enthuse supporters. I suppose it does for the dwindling bunch that now follow the apparent low quality sustainable level of the sport, but for the long term it'll do more harm than good. I realise that's not a Saturday issue but it's on the same theme, if somewhat local.
  18. Thankfully Neil seems to have the skill of clarifying mud which one assumes was partly the reason for his appointment
  19. He didn't wish him ill but if you want to take it as insensitive and untimely then that's your perogative. I'm sure that he wasn't alone in his thoughts but it is a time for thoughts rather than the keyboard. The post is ill timed as yours is over the top.
  20. It was broken when he started and he had to say something. Who really thought anything would change in the short term. It was a bad time to get the job and the problems in the sport have yet to bottom out but they will at some point. So in answer to the question I'd say neither.
  21. Yes, to all of you tuning in for Panthers chat, try plan b. Nothing to see here
  22. You'd hope that after 8 fixtures they know the answer already and will not base their decision on what'll potentially be another Saturday evening gating competition.
  23. Not the best of starters and he isn't quick enough yet to chase on what is still a new home track to him. Rathbone took the punt and said that they like to work with riders so on that basis Lunna isn't going anywhere. Haven't seen anything from Grondal to make me sit up and take note and Lambert isn't doing it from a reserve slot that should be bread and butter to him so those are the two to be sweating.
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Privacy Policy