Jump to content
British Speedway Forum

Crump99

Members
  • Posts

    6,021
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    18

Everything posted by Crump99

  1. Here I am in the pits boring talking to Cyril Crane - it doesn't quite have the same ring to it does it? I doubt that anyone would remember that in 40 years although they would where Jack Millen stuck the mic,
  2. That's what they need to improve the catering at the EoES, a purveyor of a nice tub of minted peas.
  3. Which of course is different from it doesn't work. It's interesting that rather than just recognising the importance of consistency of fixtures Rathbone appears to be doing something about it and have the EoES allegedly on board to some extent. I'm sure that others tried over the last decade or more but Friday night never did once again become speedway night so I don't understand how it didn't work. It was a fragmented, haphazard. fluid fixture list in all that time. I can take or leave Sunday but can see the logic of it at the moment given our current standing. It's not logic it's preference. The product itself will decide whether it survives, not whether I like it. Another tip, I wouldn't mention kiss of death with the AGM so close, best wait to see what gems they come up with this year.
  4. Depends what you're poking your nose into? It's hard to tell amongst your dross so I could have misunderstood.
  5. Remind us how many times you've been to the EoES over the last decade?
  6. 4 hours is getting a shift on at Peterborough on a Sunday.
  7. Perhaps that would have been better although you still exclude those who genuinely couldn't get as well as not encouraging new customers with what looks like a supporter siege mentality. Whatever was said of interest will come out so you might as well say. Nobody will remember it anyway in a couple of months as things will have moved on. I don't do subtle either so would probably replied like you tbh.
  8. I'm sure some anorak will tell us everytime a name is mentioned anyway. I thought that the sideways and backwards passing was superb tonight, topped by Kyle Walker's simple cross that flew high into the England fans behind the goal, and also numerous examples of suicide defending. Would have lost 5-0 against a decent side.
  9. Jeez, so it's the who rides in Poland quiz for 2017 as well
  10. Sonny: What's wrong Dandelion? Dandelion: Tsk tsk tsk tsk tsk. Sonny: You don't like football? Dandelion: Tsk tsk tsk tsk tsk. Sonny: I'll run and tell dad to get help. Dandelion: Tsk tsk tsk tsk tsk. Sonny: Of course you're right. You go and get the helicopter - I'll wait here.
  11. We can be as good as anyone if we play to win but we always play not to lose. Let the opposition worry about us rather than always talking up the opposition and saying how difficult international football is. It's as difficult as negative tactics and lack of expression allow it to be.
  12. Not if he doesn't ride to the same standard over here - been plenty of those.
  13. Wrong thread it may be Rodders but you're not wrong as Keith Hunt said.
  14. That's what it has been allowed to become over recent seasons. The EL had all the bigger names and top Premier riders would struggle to score points, let alone win a race. The EL is pants and the PL is the better product (without any status though) as long as the powers that be don't bugger it up, as I'm sure that they will. So apart from importance and the few top riders there isn't much of a debate these days IMO but, like Rodders, I'd still rather be there anyway.
  15. What you mean those lovely Knights and their 6 lances, nothing honourable along the A47,
  16. So is Lassie according to rumours. Wasn't there a some Crump 2000 merchandise in the track shop? I bought a calendar I think it was. Another example of believe nothing at this time of year.
  17. That was a clear enough statement and if you were moving up then you'd announce that before any forum. There's no logic to moving at this time so something fairly dramatic would had to have happened quickly behind the scenes for that to happen. Frost said in Oct 2013 that financial losses were not a concern and before the ink had dried it was reported that financial losses were to close the club - funny old world innit!
  18. Might as well all go NL then, cheaper all round. Probably on the AGM agenda anyway as speedway's well on the way to that model.
  19. Not always but on speedway's ongoing race to the bottom and Panthers direction it would seem so.
  20. Who's saying that they shouldn't progress? It's the structure to enable that progress that is the problem. So the dumming down continues if you have your way. I don't see any riders coming through who wouldn't have come through a 70s, 80s, 90s structure. What British speedway future do you envisage? Lack of quality and £10 admission objective by the looks of it.
  21. That's very true but the stability that needs sorting out is so that the annual will we won't every winter doesn't exist. It never used to be so that at the end of each season the quote is "if we're running next year" - In this case though, as the sponsors are on board for 2 years then you'd hope that the picture is clear after the last chequered flag at the EoES in 2017.
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Privacy Policy