-
Posts
6,021 -
Joined
-
Last visited
-
Days Won
18
Everything posted by Crump99
-
Not got a lot going for it then.
-
Maybe, but it's time and place and the way that you say it. It failed on all counts: “It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt.”
-
idiot.
-
Berwick 2017 50th Year
Crump99 replied to balderdash&piffle's topic in SGB Championship League Speedway
What an horrendous prospect. It's enough to bring one to tears, -
I'm not even going to go there, and haven't in the past, even out of curiosity but thanks anyway for the warning!
-
Rather knock it on the head tbh.
-
You can have all the team spirit you want but it the riders are not up to the job it means jack! We've had apparent excellent team spirit for the last decade but won naff all. If the team is winning then team spirit will follow, whatever 7 are out there that week. Getting team selection right as possible from the off is also preferable I agree but is something else that we haven't got right in a decade.
-
What does it matter if a club goes through 50 riders. It's a business and numbers game and everyone knows that.
-
It was season over last Friday. The faithful have been clutching at straws since then.
-
We want to give the paying public two full sides and an exciting evening for their hard earned. We appreciate that down Ippo way after a hard day in the tractor cab a win is the only objective against whatever the opposition can cobble together.
-
And if you have a bit of bad luck, 6 instead of 7 is a right dogs' dinner.
-
Peterborough Panthers V Rye House - 12/9
Crump99 replied to Flappy's topic in SGB Championship League Speedway
I hardly think one looney on the BSF makes any difference to the situation. As for it not being concerned about the injured riders, it was safe to assume that they were feeling second hand but not seriously injured, hence the 1/2 hour wait between the incident and heat 15 completing. It could not have completed if the doctor was attending to seriously injured riders. -
Peterborough Panthers V Rye House - 12/9
Crump99 replied to Flappy's topic in SGB Championship League Speedway
So you don't know outside of your logical solution, isn't that what I said. -
Interviews by Tarzan usually bring me to tears so I have some sympathy for Ged. I think that the music played by the Age UK DJ we employed for the evening probably tipped him over the edge. In reality I think that he did what he thought would work and is really gutted that it didn't; it's clearly affected him and it was the wrong time and place to discuss why it went wrong . I'm not particularly a Carl Johnson fan (but then again I don't like anybody ) but fair play to him for taking to the mic and giving a good speech for the troops who hadn't already gone home!
-
Peterborough Panthers V Rye House - 12/9
Crump99 replied to Flappy's topic in SGB Championship League Speedway
When logic was questioned I was always told that you don't know what goes on in the pits -
Going to be known as Poole Fitness First Pirates in 2017 allegedly. When have Panthers ever made a profit? 2006 I guess is the only time in the last 16 or so years? It needs Rathbone's PR skills, Frost type finance and Ford type rider selection. And it still needs a lot of work even then.
-
Peterborough Panthers V Rye House - 12/9
Crump99 replied to Flappy's topic in SGB Championship League Speedway
Muscle injury to the leg I think with nothing broken was what Tarzan reported? -
Ford has him pencilled in for the 2017 Pilates.
-
Peterborough Panthers V Rye House - 12/9
Crump99 replied to Flappy's topic in SGB Championship League Speedway
-
Peterborough V Workington 9/9/2016
Crump99 replied to spencebel's topic in SGB Championship League Speedway
It could be argued that way but with respect I think FP's point is the only key part that you need to focus on, although in speedway bingo if 3.29 fits and the names on speed dial then I guess a decision had to be made. -
Peterborough V Workington 9/9/2016
Crump99 replied to spencebel's topic in SGB Championship League Speedway
which lone tabloid voice said this then "The 32 year-old, who will operate at second string for Panthers on a bargain 3.29 average," -
It was a nice thought though, perhaps you could give it a go.
-
A 5 man team which is a recipe for disaster. I hope that you're not part of the management team. Top of what. I've seen nothing to suggest that he's making progress.
-
Peterborough Panthers V Rye House - 12/9
Crump99 replied to Flappy's topic in SGB Championship League Speedway
Need a bit better source than a couple of BSF punters. -
Mainly down to bad fixture planning and not getting things moving in case they have nothing for later in the season. Consequently, bugger all in the summer and a big panic at the end of the season. Add in International/European fixtures, rain offs etc and it's the same old every year. We also have to contend with life at the EoES; who'd be a speedway promoter? With the winner riding against Dorset Panthers who default to the final without needing to ride a competive fixture.