Jump to content
British Speedway Forum

Yearbyred

Members
  • Posts

    1,165
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Yearbyred

  1. That’s what I thought too, apart from Hodder.
  2. Bailey and TJ in place of Riss and Hume? Does Bailey get 2.5% reduction?
  3. That makes more sense but still seems risky.
  4. Now it’s officially official - how is it going to work running 2 teams? Are they seriously expecting supporters to attend twice a week? Genuinely hope it works but seems very risky.
  5. Well If Hume is elsewhere then swap Bailey for Hume - think that still fits with reductions.
  6. I thought the rumours were having to have a 2 pointer at 7 (36 points for 6 riders)? Seeing lots of team threads where that isn’t the case. Be interesting to seen where Bailey ends up - the sort of rider most teams will be looking for, plenty of room for improvement in his average.
  7. Like others have said, I’d be very surprised to see Brennan in the Redcar team next year.
  8. If you could guarantee he would be fully fit and back to the rider he was, then I’d have no issue with him coming back. Just not sure he will but time will tell. Just thought a change of track might help him.
  9. So assuming its 38 point limit (36 and a 2 point rider) how about:- Wright King Flint Hume Edwards Mulford 2 pointer (Harrison?) Assuming I've used the right averages I think it fits. Not saying it is what I'd choose but would be ok with that.
  10. Who he belongs to matters very little as we found out with Jenkins. If riders are offered a better deal they will go to that team, which given Glasgows backing gives them a good chance I guess.
  11. Seeing as though other teams are doing it, thought I'd start one for Redcar. Given that the points limit is expected to be reduced (think Redcar were in favour of it this year) then the team will look a lot different next year I think. Wright (if fit) and Edwards are the only riders I think we can say will definitely be back from this years team. Think Riss needs a change of scenery and not sure we see King or Hume back (I would have King, not sure on Hume). Would have liked to see Bailey but suspect the Worky news means he will be there. Mulford could return. Thoughts?
  12. Well done to Glasgow. Peaked at the right time and the Tarasenko signing was a major reason they won the playoffs. Gave the team a massive lift at a crucial time in the season. Poole paid for poor starts in both meetings. Won’t do them any harm not winning the league for once. Not joining in the Poole fan pile on though. Harris still a class performer, I seem to remember a few Glasgow fans didn’t want him back but I’m sure they’ve changed their minds now.
  13. I enjoyed watching the stream more when it went off (which was regularly). Dreadful end to the season for the patched up Bears. Too easy for the Scorpions, could easily have been a bigger win.
  14. Well Redcar are already weaker with guests available, so I’m not sure how weakening them (or any other team) further benefits anyone? Anyway, it will be a good showing if Redcar avoid defeat in this meeting.
  15. Think Glasgow are favourites to go through but hopefully a good, safe meeting for all. Still think Poole will win the final whoever qualifies.
  16. About what I expected but a very entertaining meeting again at Scunthorpe. Bears started well and kept it close for a while but the Scorpions pulled away. Most of the Bears battled well, including Flint. Some cracking racing from both teams. Unless Bears get a decent guest for the second leg the Scorpions should be favourites for that meeting too and should progress to the final easily.
  17. For the Bears let’s hope Connor Bailey has his bikes back after his issues on Wednesday. He was one of the few bright spots the last time Bears were at Scunthorpe.
  18. Just read the preview on Bears Facebook page. Flint guests for Wright (was hoping for someone else tbh). Expect Scunthorpe to get a decent lead tonight.
  19. Agreed. I was probably harsh on him as he scored 7 still but with everything else going on we needed more from him tonight.
  20. That’s true but even with a full strength team it would have been difficult. Glasgow had too much strength in depth tonight and Bears far too inconsistent. Bailey had an awful night and so did King to an extent. Fair play to Jason Edwards though, superb showing.
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Privacy Policy