British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Guest headmixer

Best ever British Rider

Guest headmixer

I've read all about the best rider ever and can't help but notice that most are foreign riders. Who (in your opinion) was or is the best British rider?

Pete Collins, Malc Simmons, John Louis and Mike Lee would all feature in my best ever list. You can tell when I was watching the most from this list.

The best I have seen would have to be Peter Collins, but I'm sure there will be a pretty convincing case for the other PC - Peter Craven.

Definitely Peter Craven, bearing in mind the opposition he had to race :) - Briggo, Ronnie Moore, Ove Fundin ...

Michael Lee, Malcolm Simmonds, Dave Jessup, John Louis, Gordon Kennett, Simon Wigg, Kenny Carter, Peter Collins, and my Uncle Ted ;) although not in the same league as the rest I loved him then and love him now :lol: (well, ya never know who's reading d'ya :D )

I've read your post three times Shazzy, but still can't find where you've hidden Mark Loram's name ;-)

Peter Collins wins this thread hands down (imo)

I've read your post three times Shazzy, but still can't find where you've hidden Mark Loram's name ;-)

Peter Collins wins this thread hands down (imo)

:? Jack Parker,Tom Farndon,Peter Craven :!:

no one since Peter Collins :!:

I'm with you CHK, though Michael Lee might have made it if he hadn't gone off the rails.

Well to be honest Kev, I would have put Marks' name first on the list, (You know I would ;) ) as this is in the "Years Gone By" I thought it best to just stick with the heros of my Childhood. Rest assured though in a few years time I will add Mark to my all time heros' list ;):lol: I was even tempted to squeeze him in just before Uncs' name but someone would bound to have picked up on that ;)

King Kenny Carter....

class talent on a bike and a great character

Not that can of worms again......... :roll:

not this time falcace....its best ever riders and anything else WILL be moderated :twisted:

the very reason i added the 'on a bike' bit.

i've had enough of people slating him, but i am talking speedway talent

Guest Dominator

Has to be King Kenny during the time I have been a speedway addict.

Oh come on... No brainer! Nigel Booocock look at his record over a great number of years - 17 at Coventry. England International and Captain. OK Never World Champion, but a great rider, with a great record. Of course Peter Craven would be up there too, sadly his career ended so tragically. The other PC as well was a great crowd pleaser and a World Champion. But, Booey outlast them all in terms of overall performances at league and International level. He won WTC medals as well, and would have been British Champion more than once had the Kiwi's not been in the race too!

Just my opinion.

Mike Lee and Kenny Carter! Sorry no.

Mike Lee and Kenny Carter! Sorry no.

Not sure on the above statement :? :!:

On the track excellent riders but personal lives nothing to do with us :!: and just because they didn't ride for Coventry isn't a good enough reason not to rate them ;):lol::):D