British Speedway Forum

Gutted to have missed it this year but was jumping around in my lounge. The Final was easily the best GP moment since Loramski clinched the title in 2000.

How were the riders brought onto the track for the parade? No sight of that in the TV coverage and each year something different...?

Fantastic performance by Bomber, he was always overshadowed when younger by Stead and Howe amongst others, but what he did last night is the best thing to happen to British Speedway for years. After all the doom and gloom surrounding Oxford and Reading hopefully Bomber's emergence as a bona fide contender will get Speedway talked about for the right reasons.

Also like to echo what a couple of others have mentioned, Hancock and Crump were both excellent in terms of they way they congratulated Bomber and conducted themselves in the post meeting. Credit to them both.

Gutted to have missed it this year but was jumping around in my lounge. The Final was easily the best GP moment since Loramski clinched the title in 2000.

How were the riders brought onto the track for the parade? No sight of that in the TV coverage and each year something different...?

They simply rode around in the dark with a spotlight on them on their own bikes to the start gate where their mechanics were waiting to walk the bikes back to the pits.......no expense spared this year :lol:

godess xxx

Inspired by the interval 'entertainment' on the night the word was reinvented.

For today's entertainment you can even fill in the missing rider depending on your

opinions.

Coz, you won’t stop racing,

But please don’t give it a rest

You’ve got more bottle than …………,

Now time to overtake the rest.

Now you’re just the kinda boy

To give the Brits such pride,

When they played the National Anthem,

You and 40,000 cried,

We knew right off when we first set our eyes on you,

A champion of the future? Some said Bomber Harris – who?

With your incessant racing,

you’re becoming the BEST!

yup yup bomber yup yup yup bomber bomber racer yup bomber bomber yup yup yup bomber bomber racer yup yup yup bomber bomber racer yup yup bomber bomber racer

With apologies to the cockney pair... :rolleyes:

Great result for Chris Harris

He single handedly continues to electrify an otherwise dull lack lustre season

Well done that man

:D

Well good morning

I like so many others this morning, have a sore throat and a headache but hey it was sooooooo worth it. I got really wet walking back to the car aswell but hey again it was so worth it.

What a night, Chris was simply fantastic i am so proud that i was there the first time he won his first GP (first of very many). 40000 people cheering him round. brilliant.

WELL DONE CHRIS.

Get in there Bomber!

Proud proud proud :D

Edit - Just watched the final again on tape, and it actually made me cry - Whatta wimp :D

Edited by Matt Davis

Mr Shovler, £10k is more like what Chas'n'Dave had to PAY to appear last night :D

Absolutely brilliant by Bomber.I've never jumped about so much watching speedway on t.v. Just wish I was there.

Still wiping the egg off my face after stating he was out of his depth before the GP series started. And happy to do so.

His gating is just about as atrocious as it can get, which is a shame as it will cost him at times. But last night was his night and he fully deserved all the plaudits coming his way.

Well done Chris Harris. Brilliant.

Steve,

Its good to see that someone is big enough to admit that at times they were wrong - theres a few on here that could/should follow your lead. I always enjoy reading your posts - particularly the wind-ups - glad you enjoyed last night.

Unfortunately I wasnt there but I bet the feel-good factor felt by those who attended was so much more than how i felt after it - and I was only listening to it !!

What an amazing night. This is one DVD I will be playing over and over again. Well done Bomber, well done!

The only person who is bitter is.

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

........... YOU :mad:

Quite agree, how sad and pathetic do you need to be to use this victory as a chance to take a dig at another rider?

Inspired by the interval 'entertainment' on the night the word was reinvented.

For today's entertainment you can even fill in the missing rider depending on your

opinions.

Coz, you won’t stop racing,

But please don’t give it a rest

You’ve got more bottle than …………,

Now time to overtake the rest.

Now you’re just the kinda boy

To give the Brits such pride,

When they played the National Anthem,

You and 40,000 cried,

We knew right off when we first set our eyes on you,

A champion of the future?  Some said Bomber Harris – who?

With your incessant racing,

you’re becoming the BEST!

yup yup bomber yup yup yup bomber bomber racer yup bomber bomber yup yup yup bomber bomber racer yup yup yup bomber bomber racer yup yup bomber bomber racer

With apologies to the cockney pair... :rolleyes:

Excellent :lol:

I all honesty, I thought C&D were brought in to sing a song to our revered scoreboard operator at Wimborne Road :wink:

What a fantastic night, topped off by a stunning Chris Bomber Harris win. Well done Chris!

Like Mr Shovlar, I thought the atmosphere outside the stadium was rather subdued, and feared that it would follow suit inside the stadium. How wrong could I be?

I hadn't attended Cardiff since Rikardsson's 'round the boards' ride two years ago. That was a spectacle in itself, but nothing could surpass last nights entertainment, backed up by the most vociferous audience I have ever had the pleasure of being amongst.

The first few races were entertaining, and they got better and better as the night went on, gradually building the crowd up to fever pitch. We have the riders to thank for that, of course, and in particular Scotty Nicholls and Bomber Harris. Both Brits rode their hearts out for their countrymen, watching from within the stadium, and from their TV screens around the globe!

They were both, simply superb. The crowd were, simply superb. The action was, simply superb. And the whole evening was, simply superb!

I'm not so sure that anything can top that, for me, other than a repeat performance next year. It will certainly be a hard act to follow, that's for sure.

Thanks again to the riders, and thanks again to my fellow members of the audience for making it one hell of a special night out! :P

Edited by BjarneRubble

Chris Harris, what a true racer this guy is. How can you not compare this guy to my all time 'speedway hero' Peter Collins.

My throat from yesterday, like so many others at Cardiff and watching there tv's at home is, well rather bad to say the least. Will it be back in a hour or so when Rye House starts, I think not!

Bomber thank-you for making Cardiff a wonderful meeting, we've been waiting a long time for a British winner of a GP and to do it at Cardiff, fantastic!