British Speedway Forum

We went to the Leszno GP and Nikki was booed all the way through at that one too. I didn't hear any moaning from him there.

:lol: Hope I don`t upset you before we get to Wembley :lol:

Well as long as you don't behave like a drama queen and spit your dummy we should get on fine!!!! :wink::lol:

Most of the fans were booing him because of the way he was staying down on the track for ages each times whilst his bike was getting repaired.

QUOTE (Rob B @ Jun 30 2008, 02:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Most of the fans were booing him because of the way he was staying down on the track for ages each times whilst his bike was getting repaired.

so is there a rider out there who jumps straight up and races to the pits,whilst his bike is in urgent need of repair?

While it was the ref's fault as both occassions should have been all 4 back . It was the images put up on the big screen of Pedersen smirking and laughing about the decisions that annoyed some people . Wasn't one of the booers myself as i cant get worked up about GP's as i do about league speedway .

thats interesting as the screen that was on the 1st/2nd bend wasn't working, as they switched it off. so i didn't see any of that.

Todays Echo.

British fans are 'disgrace' says Nicki

By Phil Chard

NICKI Pedersen has roundly condemned the British crowd's consistent loud frenzied booing of him at Cardiff as "disgraceful".

But he also pointed out it was not his decision to exclude Bjarne, or Leigh Adams in heat 17, so the British supporters inside the Millennium Stadium should not have taken their frustration out on him by booing the wrong man.

Nicki, who has a 10-point overall lead on British GP winner Jason Crump, said: "I felt very disappointed because of the way the British crowd booed me.

"It doesn't affect me when I'm riding, but it just makes me feel even more fed up with British speedway."

Pedersen, not riding in the Elite League this year after being dumped by Eastbourne and failing to find another track, added: "I think the fans' booing was disgraceful.

"I'm very disappointed about the British fans and it makes me wonder whether I really want to ride in this country again.

At Cardiff 2003 i stood up and applauded Nicki for a well deserved, hard fought win.

On saturday i stood and booed the same rider who because he was clearly not in the same league as Crump, Hancock and Bjarne, tried to con the already sadly deluded referee. Staying down to get the race stopped when he could have got off the track, looking injured when not, and when these worked he had the cheek to grin !!.

If poor little Nicki is upset then all i can say is :

Taxi for Pedersen :shock:

Look, the poisonious little dwarf has obvioulsy had one too many knocks to the head.....

Is the name calling really necessary??

On saturday i stood and booed the same rider who because he was clearly not in the same league as Crump, Hancock and Bjarne, tried to con the already sadly deluded referee. Staying down to get the race stopped when he could have got off the track, looking injured when not, and when these worked he had the cheek to grin !!.

Of course he's going to stay down. Any rider is going to stay down on the track if they've gone down on the first bend. I'm sure there's not one rider in the GP who wouldn't have stayed down.

Still would have booed him though. Boooo Nicki Pedersen! Booo!

I agree with Nicki. British fans are just sore losers. Rise above it Nicki and ignore the majority of tw*ts that were in Cardiff at the weekend

I agree with Nicki. British fans are just sore losers. Rise above it Nicki and ignore the majority of tw*ts that were in Cardiff at the weekend

didn't hans say that a couple of years ago!! most people boo as a bit of fun. but i was surprised he got booed on the parade.

didn't hans say that a couple of years ago!! most people boo as a bit of fun. but i was surprised he got booed on the parade.

That'll be those who are still bitter over the 'shutting off' incident in the World Cup with Lord Snotty of Nicholls

That'll be those who are still bitter over the 'shutting off' incident in the World Cup with Lord Snotty of Nicholls

i think hans said it at the world cup final when it was in reading as didn't some fans boo denmark on their victory parade.

i think hans said it at the world cup final when it was in reading as didn't some fans boo denmark on their victory parade.

Wouldn't surprise me :rolleyes:

Well I've read that article twice now and am still looking for where Pedersen calls the British fans a disgrace, as this thread title implies.

He said the booing was disgraceful.

He said he was disappointed with the British fans.

But nowhere does he day the British fans are a disgrace.

Somebody twisting his words for their own agenda perhaps ?