British Speedway Forum
Bagpuss

Swc Event 2, King's Lynn, 26/7

So when will the fans get to know whether the riders are gonna boycott this meeting or not????

I think someone needs to be giving us some answers, not least the promoters!!!!

When are the fans gonna be told if riders are boycotting this event or not??

So when will the fans get to know whether the riders are gonna boycott this meeting or not????

Probably when they are standing on the terraces on the 26th.

You did ask Trees :rolleyes:

Oh for christ sakes :rolleyes: If they're all using them - what's the problem ?

Some of the "bigger" names have suggested they won't be riding should the new silencers have to be used.

The latest news on the silencers from Germany is on www.speedway.org.

Four riders were testing them against the old 2008 2009 models. The results showed that the new silencers improved the performance of the bikes.

It is looking more like riders are just using the silencers as an excuse not to compete.

The worrying trend is riders don't want to compete in FIM meetings because of the payments, as the British attitude to the U21 WC showed.

The latest news on the silencers from Germany is on www.speedway.org.

Four riders were testing them against the old 2008 2009 models. The results showed that the new silencers improved the performance of the bikes.

It is looking more like riders are just using the silencers as an excuse not to compete.

The worrying trend is riders don't want to compete in FIM meetings because of the payments, as the British attitude to the U21 WC showed.

See, this is what gets my fricking goat. The WTC shouldn't at the end of the day be about money. These events should be about pride of wearing your national badge. Just like football (team England my ass) they're showing it's all about themselve and not their country.

See, this is what gets my fricking goat. The WTC shouldn't at the end of the day be about money. These events should be about pride of wearing your national badge.

Exactly. Sadly pride has long gone for some riders.

Why do we need two threads on the same subject?

Probably when they are standing on the terraces on the 26th.

You did ask Trees :rolleyes:

...but no-one answered - unless it was a rhetorical question?

Edited by BigFatDave

Lindgren, as far as I know, has always ridden the SWC when selected and has got (I believe) four medals to show for his efforts.

His view, in gist from tonight's Wolves Express & Star, is that the silencers don't help the bikes or the sport. He's riding the GP qualifiers (with the new silencers, despite blowing an engine in the last round) because being a GP rider is important exposure for his sponsors. Always proud to ride for Sweden, SWC is a fun week with good racing. But boycott decision has been taken by four riders as a team (Lindgren, AJ, Zetters and Jonas Davidsson) and they are sticking to it. Hopes Polish and Danish riders will also join the objections.

Come to think of it, if it's five-man teams presumably someone has decided not to join the boycott. Anybody any ideas?

Just on the GB U21 team, Mark246, was that not affected last year more by injury (eg Barker broken leg) than payment attitudes? Or have I missed something?

Lindgren, as far as I know, has always ridden the SWC when selected and has got (I believe) four medals to show for his efforts.

His view, in gist from tonight's Wolves Express & Star, is that the silencers don't help the bikes or the sport. He's riding the GP qualifiers (with the new silencers, despite blowing an engine in the last round) because being a GP rider is important exposure for his sponsors. Always proud to ride for Sweden, SWC is a fun week with good racing. But boycott decision has been taken by four riders as a team (Lindgren, AJ, Zetters and Jonas Davidsson) and they are sticking to it. Hopes Polish and Danish riders will also join the objections.

Come to think of it, if it's five-man teams presumably someone has decided not to join the boycott. Anybody any ideas?

Just on the GB U21 team, Mark246, was that not affected last year more by injury (eg Barker broken leg) than payment attitudes? Or have I missed something?

I my opinion I hope the FIM / BSI sanction bans to those riders for being completely pathetic little children. Rules and reg change all the time and throwing ya toys out the pram isn't the answer.

I was thinking more of Bridger in the U21 WC

I was thinking more of Bridger in the U21 WC

OK, I took the British reference as being to the team rather than to an individual.