British Speedway Forum
SCOTLAND1314

Moto Gp, 2 And 3

After a total disaster in qualifying I guess John McPhee should be fairly happy with his 6th place today , I thought at one point he was on for a podium place which would've been great ,but he wasn't able to make it stick . Another great race and an excellent warm up for the main event later 

After a win last gp it a disappointment seeing him finish in sixth. 

Wonder what he be like in Moto2? 

Marc Marquez may have disappeared into the distance but there was certainly plenty action   going on behind him in todays  Moto GP race . Felt sorry for John McPhail  in the Moto 3 race  who was taken out when he looked set for a podium finish 

Got to see moto1 and 2 but missed the big one, but seen the results. 

Re McPhee, did he get took out. The way I saw it he opened the throttle too soon/too much and he highsided but hung on dramatically to get back and finish 13th.

I guess he was in the wrong place at the wrong time   a bit like the melee  in the MotoGp race with Rossi 

On ‎6‎/‎2‎/‎2019 at 10:50 AM, OveFundinFan said:

After a win last gp it a disappointment seeing him finish in sixth. 

Wonder what he be like in Moto2? 

Hardly a disappointment as the racing is that close in Moto3 that you can be leading a big group into the final bend & easily finish 6th or lower. Have I, also, seen that there has been 12 winners in 12 races so far in Moto3. 

McPhee done well qualifying in the last 2 GPs, Brno and Austrian

Was no2 pole position in Brno, but his bike went into pit lane mode at the start (60km/ph max) and he got slammed up the rear by a tailender with his head down. He could not continue the race and got an ankle injury.

This last Sunday in Austria he got pole position, but just about came 3rd. At the last bend he was 4th but good drive out of the last corner and managed to snick 3rd - another 10 yard and he would have got 2nd.  Well done John.

Race of the day was MotoGp...... a real dof fight between Marquez and Dovitsioso. What a race.  About 3 laps from the end Dovi took the lead only to be passed by Marquez and I thought that was it, but Dovi managed to sneak under Marquez on the last bend to take the win.. Brave riding by both riders. I think Dovi could be racing for his seat at Ducati next year.... Lorenzo unhappy with his Honda ride and rumour is he willing to ride free with Ducati.

1 hour ago, OveFundinFan said:

McPhee done well qualifying in the last 2 GPs, Brno and Austrian

Was no2 pole position in Brno, but his bike went into pit lane mode at the start (60km/ph max) and he got slammed up the rear by a tailender with his head down. He could not continue the race and got an ankle injury.

This last Sunday in Austria he got pole position, but just about came 3rd. At the last bend he was 4th but good drive out of the last corner and managed to snick 3rd - another 10 yard and he would have got 2nd.  Well done John.

Race of the day was MotoGp...... a real dof fight between Marquez and Dovitsioso. What a race.  About 3 laps from the end Dovi took the lead only to be passed by Marquez and I thought that was it, but Dovi managed to sneak under Marquez on the last bend to take the win.. Brave riding by both riders. I think Dovi could be racing for his seat at Ducati next year.... Lorenzo unhappy with his Honda ride and rumour is he willing to ride free with Ducati.

Nice to see someone else win a GP , was starting to get a bit boring with Marc winning all the time , interestingly he's still without a win in the senior class in Austria. 

Another brilliant finish in motogp at Silverstone. It's been fascinating to see Rins and Suzuki come alive this season.  I've always liked Alex Rins and the calm style of riding that he has developed through his career,  and I reckon he duped Marquez into believing he would try the outside pass again on the last turn,  but it was utterly fantastic to see him nip inside and nick the win. Mind a few more laps and Vignales could well have produced a different result. It's not very often i shout at the telly but Rins and Marquez brought out the worst in me lol. 

More races like the last two please :)

I hope when I manage to catch up with moto2  and 3 that those races are as good. 

I think you will find Moto2 and Moto3 just as exciting as MotoGP, I did though you cannot expect last bend passes every race, nice as it would be.

Suzuki and Yamaha are not the fastest bikes in MotoGP, it was reckoned they were 10mph slower on the straight then Honda or Ducati, but the smooth corners put them back in the mix. The Honda and Ducati are a V-4 engine whilst Yam and Suzi are in line 4's, the inline will never give the output of the v4's.  It would cost Suzuki more then they have available to develop a V4, and Yamaha cannot afford the development time (years) before it got good.

Three different manufacturers in the top 3 places is good for the sport.

Good ride for John McPhee when you consider where he started from , another cracking Moto 3 race with lots of incidents 

Classic ride from Marquez, hunting down Quartararo for the full race before taking the lead two laps from home.

Disaster for John McPhee taken out through no fault of his when he was wel placed for another good finish terrible move by Binder .

Another title for Marquez, never really looked in doubt 

Comfortable victory for Marc again today and a constructors championship for Honda , they're just too good ATM 

11 hours ago, DSC67 said:

Comfortable victory for Marc again today and a constructors championship for Honda , they're just too good ATM 

At this rate Marc could be breaking all the Moro GP records,might end up as greatest ever.