British Speedway Forum

Well done young un.---- And a hearty top of the world to you.Fantastic effort for one so young and who will be greatly missed at Monmore if all the doom mongers are right,and we lose all our top riders.

Now Britain has a World Champion,we just cant let it happen.Lets just hope Sky take this on board and help stop the decline in domestic speedway in this country.

Well done Tai Woffinden, and a large slice of humble pie for me as I had him down as a stone wall fifteenth before the series started. Absolutely delighted to be proved completely wrong!

His attitude, professionalism, machinery and all round approach has been raised several notches this year and to achieve what he has done so soon after his Father's passing is a remarkable feat. As others have said lets hope the people who run the sport make full use of this opportunity, although I won't be holding my breath.

Massive congratulations Woffy :cheers:

Congrats to Tai. I've been a critic of his in the past before this season, but he really has turned his career around and fulfilled his potential and is now a model professional. Hopefully he can be an inspiration to some of our other youngsters!

Well Done Tai.

A truly wonderful performance over the GP series.

Could this be the shot in the arm for the sport in this country, that we so much need.

Unfortunately i dont think the BSPA will market him at all add to the fact that IMO he wont be riding over here next year im not so sure it will

A wonderful achievement and many congratulations to the lad. Brilliant!

Kerching!

wBRNcli.jpg?1

Hearty Congratulations Tai!

Once it's sunk in, I hope you enjoy the celebrations with your family, close ones and team to the full.

And don't worry about saving British speedway, leave that for a more appropriate time and someone else to do.

For the next few days and foreseeable future just enjoy being World Champion, you deserve and have earned that time to yourself to do so!

Edited by george.m
  • Like 2

Phew! Thank goodness that's all over, I can breathe again now. Thought it was going to all go horribly wrong at the last hurdle. Should have faith in the man. Well done Tai.

What next for him? Peace in the Middle East, save the economy? Anything is possible with the right attitude and determination.

For all you Rockets fans how about renaming the club Tai House?

Richly deserved title for Tai who has become a real treasure to the sport with his attitude on and off the track and the help of a great back up team.

Now the sport has not only a British World Champion but also someone that can easily be marketed to the youngsters who are into the BMX or Skateboard fraternity who love sports with a touch of danger but in style too

Well Done Tai and all his family and crew.

• Like 1

Talking of World Champions, we could have 4 on 2 wheels this year, so have you heard of any of the others?

Before today's racing

Tom Sykes-leading World Superbike Championship

Sam Lowes-leading World Supersport Championship

Scott Redding-leading MotoGP Moto 2 World Championship

Don't know any of today's results so don't spoil it people!!

Possibly in 2006, I was at Belle Vue, walking towards the pits, with my nephew. As I walked around, out of the corner of my eye, to my right, I saw a kid sat on a wall. Just as I was in line with the kid, he got up and dashed across right in front of me. There was no doubt he'd done this intentionally.

I said to my nephew, 'Did you see what that pig ignorant little beresford did just then?'.

My nephew smiled and said, 'do you know who that pig ignorant little beresford is?'

'No,' said I.

'It's Tai Woffinden', said he.

'I don't care who he is,' said I, 'he's still a pig ignorant little beresford'.

He was hailed as the new wonder kid in those days, one who could do no wrong. Having followed the sport for 40 years I have seen wonder kids come and go without making the mark they were expected to do. After that episode at Belle Vue, at the time and since I have never written a word about him. I thought I would wait and see what he could and would do as time went by

Since then, of course, the lad has gone through trauma, trial and tribulations, which mould the character and temper the personality of those who endure these experiences.

The fact the lad won the world championship last night, and elevated himself 'amongst the gods', indicates he has got to grips with his temprement, come to terms with the flaws in his character, overcome them all. As such he will have made his family proud non more so than his father, who no doubt is smiling down on him as we speak

Well done lad, there is nothing like redemption and such a trophy, as you have now, is the living embodiment of that redemption.

Have any of the papers an article on Tai's achievement ?

A very small piece in the Mail on Sunday.

A very small piece in the Mail on Sunday.

maybe in tomorrows...He got a few mentions on Talksport this morning even if at one point Georgie Bingham called him Kai...She confessed to knowing nothing about Speedway, it was also on tonights Calendar news(Yorkshire tv)

Its now up to the BSPA to promote the Feck out of it, not wait for others to report it.