British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
lucifer sam

Somerset V Scunthorpe (play-off Final, 1st Leg), Friday October 26th (7.30pm)

Sam made I clear how he feels. I quote "I am going to haunt that club". Could we stick to his word!

Sam made I clear how he feels. I quote "I am going to haunt that club". Could we stick to his word!

If he said that i am bitterly dissapointed. At the end of the day he was going to miss too many meetings towards the end of the season. The promoter must think of the club rather than one rider. That must be obvious to him.

no one is blaming Scunny?? But they certainly didn't win their group on merit, they won it by default as they rode more meetings than the others and Worky were denied the chance to get through....that's not hard to understand surely?? As for it being a 100/1 chance, given Summers in for Lawson and Tommy Fenwick at reserve....I'd say it was an even money shot.

Nevermind, if both finals are washed out Scunny can be champs as they finished both 2nd and are alphabetically above Somerset...surely what's meant to be a professional sport can do what is required to ensure the silverware is handed out fairly to all teams....the weather has been shocking and hasn't helped, but it's been shocking all season so the powers that be should have planned for this farce happening.

To race all season in a league, have a chance of winning and then have to give it up is ridiculous...the sport is dying on its arse, and this is just another example of why IMO.

what and you think putting a ringer in for lawson that was suposed to be injured was right when we all knew he wasnt and it was proved the next night by him riding at workington

What would have happened if workington had won with there ringer in ,you not think justice has been done based on that fact only ,because any right minded person would

• Like 1

what and you think putting a ringer in for lawson that was suposed to be injured was right when we all knew he wasnt and it was proved the next night by him riding at workington

What would have happened if workington had won with there ringer in ,you not think justice has been done based on that fact only ,because any right minded person would

can you prove that?? Because I can't....that's got nothing to do with not completing the season though really....has it?? But if true I agree it's shocking.

Thats not to mention that Edinburgh, already out the reckoning were gonna field a weakened team...which in my opinion was somewhat disrepectful to Scunthorpe and the premier league in general. If they'd of still been in the mix they'd of been stronger for sure. Given the circumstances, Worky could of easily picked up the required win.

I'm obviously happy to see Scunny placed in the final, albeit in controversial circumstances.. having convincingly overcome both Edinburgh and Workington in these play-offs there is a great degree of merit attached to their inclusion. Tough on Workington though, sympaphise with them...not an ideal finish a season. Timing of these play-offs need looking at for next season, can't have another farcical situation like this again. We know the weather isnt speedways best friend, particularly at this time of year, maybe next season they can aim to have the play-off situation sorted by the end of september....or scrap them altogether.

At last someone who isn't a Comets fan understands why we find it difficult to swallow , had the shoe been on the other foot and Workington went through ,be plenty of Scunny fans on here . Its a farce whoever the teams would have been but unfortunately this time Workington were at the receiving end , twice !!

Hmmm the bitter Diamond's fan supports the even more bitter Comet fan, get over it we are in the final. If we win fine, if we don't we are still runners up whichever route you want to go, Mini League results or main standings. I for one have watched my team come bottom of the league on several occasions since 1975 ,so please, let us have our moment for once.We have enjoyed a cracking season ,with many handicaps, but we have all worked for each other,fans,riders and management, I will personally look back on this year's successes with some pride in my team.
  • Like 2

Hmmm the bitter Diamond's fan supports the even more bitter Comet fan, get over it we are in the final. If we win fine, if we don't we are still runners up whichever route you want to go, Mini League results or main standings. I for one have watched my team come bottom of the league on several occasions since 1975 ,so please, let us have our moment for once.We have enjoyed a cracking season ,with many handicaps, but we have all worked for each other,fans,riders and management, I will personally look back on this year's successes with some pride in my team.

how am I bitter?? Because I don't think it was fair on Workington that's being bitter??.......id say the same if it were Scunny, Berwick, Ipswich or Iran !!! :) Edited by Arson fire

Guest WTF1

how am I bitter?? Because I don't think it was fair on Workington that's being bitter??.......id say the same if it were Scunny, Berwick, Ipswich or Iran !!! :)

Thought this thread was about Somerset v Scunthorpe play off final ,anything else give it a rest ffs.

Thought this thread was about Somerset v Scunthorpe play off final ,anything else give it a rest ffs.

who are you like?? I'll post a reply if I want to....ok :)

Thats not to mention that Edinburgh, already out the reckoning were gonna field a weakened team...which in my opinion was somewhat disrepectful to Scunthorpe and the premier league in general.

That's absolutely ridiculous. We needed a 3-pointer at no. 7 and gave it to a local boy. There was no-one available who could get a point. You can't seriously call that a weakened team. Against the usual Workington side there would not have been a problem. With Summers coming in at the last minute, it could have been tougher.

• Like 1

rebels will not worry about sam. he made it so clear to us fans he did not have somerset at heart. if he feels he has axe to grind really we have as he did not even try at times. so it was decided he had to go. i say bring him on

Going on tonights performance, Poole would not only want Sam but need him on Friday if they actually want to win anything! Lindgren and Eklof were dismall!

That's absolutely ridiculous. We needed a 3-pointer at no. 7 and gave it to a local boy. There was no-one available who could get a point. You can't seriously call that a weakened team. Against the usual Workington side there would not have been a problem. With Summers coming in at the last minute, it could have been tougher.

If the boot was on the other foot...sure you'd be saying same.

Going on tonights performance, Poole would not only want Sam but need him on Friday if they actually want to win anything! Lindgren and Eklof were dismall!

On Tonights Performance, Poole wont beat Peterborough.

On Tonights Performance, Poole wont beat Peterborough.

No Sullivan,Jonasson,Sundstrom,Buczkowski

They probably will but P'boro do have Michael Jepsen Jensen so they still have a good chance.