British Speedway Forum
speedibee

Darcy Showing What A Pro He Is Again

If they could just make up any old guff (like you seem to think), then surely anybody could be a journo?

They are obligated - by law - to report fact, anything that isn't fact has to be amended and apologies / damages made out to the wronged person.

The Bournemouth Echo insist that they stand by the article and that the reporter still has the notes taken from the interview, it's over to Middleditch now.

I didn't say they can make up any old guff as you put it.

I didn't say they can make up any old guff as you put it.

We're making progress.

So if they haven't made it up... what does that leave us with...

Havvy - Drugs - Banned

Lee - Drugs - Banned

Bird - Drugs - Banned

Ward - Drugs - .................................................................................?

Are our Speedway Authorities - CONSISTENT???

• Like 1

I'm back after a hard day in work.Has our favourite convict been up to any more jolly japes today ?

I AM not sure what you mean by investigate. Personally, I think Neil was very silly and wrong to say what he did. He will have to live with that. Whether or not it affects his role as British team manager remains to be seen.

I would much rather concentrate on what Matt Ford said but how he deals with someone who probably spends more time out of the UK than in it is the big question. Anyone who has been to Poland and Torun in particular knows how young speedway riders are feted and idolised with temptation in various guises around every corner.

As I say, at the end of the day the only person who can resolve this is Darcy himself. But that isn't easy.

I was a soccer scribe during the days when Gorge Best was at his peak. I saw him help win the European Cup for Manchester United at Wembley in 1968. But then I also saw him as a desolate and lonely figure sitting in a Surbiton pub, just a few hundred yards from our office, in his latter days. It was so, so sad.

Clearly Darcy needs support to help him change his lifestyle. Therefore it has to be a bit of a concern when his club manager publicly makes light of his most recent misdemeanour. Especially so when (as I understand) Darcy lives with said Manager during the season.

Whilst one can understand a desire not to criticise the box-office in public, one would hope in private a different attitude is being used, otherwise Darcy will squander what most agree is a rare talent.

• Like 1

Havvy - Drugs - Banned

Lee - Drugs - Banned

Bird - Drugs - Banned

Ward - Drugs - .................................................................................?

Didnt Lee's offences take place after he finished racing although they used the wrong way incident to do him good and proper just in case.

Having said that i'm sure the SCB are praying his passport isn't reissued and our authorities hoping that as well so dont have to make a visa decision.

Easy then cos if passport/visas are granted then they will have to make a decision themselves ............god help us.

Consistant of what ...............i dread that eventuality.

That article was dated 18th Feb so you're wrong.

so you really think that an article mentioning visa problems two days before he is convicted has nothing to do with each other... you dont think one of the first checks is to ask the Australian authorities if they have any information on the candidate?

wake up

Havvy - Drugs - Banned

Lee - Drugs - Banned

Bird - Drugs - Banned

Jason Doyle Drink Driving

Is he banned?

does anybody know the date the offences took place, as I was wondering if this would have a knock on effect with drug tests etc, surely there is a time limit as to how long cannabis stays in the blood stream?

RANDOM drug tests are carried out periodically at SGP events. No one, other than the Jury President at the event, knows that the tests will take place.

Three riders at each SGP are randomly chosen by the Jury to be tested for alcohol immediately after the Saturday riders' briefing.

I think the comparison with Lindback is a good one. Perhaps the golden child does need some time to put his life in order. We all make mistakes, but we all don't get arrested continuously....

RANDOM drug tests are carried out periodically at SGP events. No one, other than the Jury President at the event, knows that the tests will take place.

Three riders at each SGP are randomly chosen by the Jury to be tested for alcohol immediately after the Saturday riders' briefing.

Bet I can guess who will be tested in NZ...

• Like 1

doesn't really answer my question....does anybody know the date the offences took place?...and how long cannabis stays in the blood stream?

Edited by Odds On

I think the comparison with Lindback is a good one. Perhaps the golden child does need some time to put his life in order. We all make mistakes, but we all don't get arrested continuously....

Yes.I wonder if someone knows with whom or where Lindbäck was staying when in England?Don't suppose he would also be bunking at Chez Middlo?

• Like 1